Another BC!

RainbowCurls

I've seen two other BC posts today just on the first page!

I did mine yesterday.
Although, I'm not sure if it counts as a "big chop" if you've already transitioned for almost 18 months... it's more of a "cutting off the relaxed ends".
I kind of wish I'd done it earlier so it'd be more of a change. I think the longest part I cut off was about 4-5".

I quite like it though, now it's dry. When it was wet it was looking a but Jheri Curl ish! :eek:
It's a bit big and frizzy, maybe I need to put more product on.
I might cut some more off the bottom 'layers', to make the shape better.

I bought some headbands and clips in advance but I've got to figure out how to use them with my hair now. My hair automatically falls into a centre part which looks weird with hairbands so will try to get rid of that after my next CO wash by finger combing it all straight back.
Any other (simple!) style ideas would be appreciated as I'm pretty clueless.
At least it's still long enough to put in (boring) ponytail if I'm having a bad hair day though!

I'm still finding relaxed ends I missed so will be cutting those off as I find them.

I'll update my website with more pics sometime next week.

bc_dry.jpg

I need to change my avatar!

congrats on your BC!! You're hair is gorgeous! My advice is just have fun experimenting with different styles with your "new" hair. Through trial and error, you will learn what you and your hair likes and don't likes.

Girl you hair is how I envision mine to be once I go through my transition. It looks fab. What is your hair type? I am trying to get an idea of how my texture will look.

Nevamind I saw it in your siggy.

Perfect Doak I've been waiting for your BC and you kept changing the date!

Your hair looks absolutely gorgeous--and I love how you still can see the purple from your coloring! :) Congratulations. Have fun with your natural hair--not only is it freeing and fun, but my granny told me yesterday that natural hair "suits me" and makes me look younger (when you're my age, that's a real compliment)! :lol:

I love it!

Thanks everyone for the compliments :)

jasmine26, yeah, I'll just have to experiment, and remember not to be discouraged when it doesn't turn out right (I do that a lot)

michelle3147, I'm not sure what my hair type is. NC says 3c is pencil size curls. I have some that size at my hairline but most are a bit bigger, maybe finger sized. So I've gone for 3b/3c. If anyone knows better feel free to correct me though

Cheleigh, I was hoping no-one would notice the changing date :lol:
I had originally planned 29th May because it was a good moon phase. But I didn't, so changed it to 30th May as it was still a good moon phase. I didn't do it that day either though, because I was at my parents house and was scared of my Mum's reaction as she is always telling me not to cut my hair! So, I planned to do it on the 31st, but that didn't happen because I was going out that night and was scared of it looking so bad I'd have to stay in. I just didn't get round to it on the 1st June. So on the 2nd I thought "if I don't do it now I'll never do it". So I did :)
Yeah, there's still some purple hanging on. The last dye (Special Effects Deep Purple) has some staying power! I last dyed it in January I think.
I want to do some new colours, not sure how to do it with curly hair though, will have to give it some careful thought :scratchch:

Beautiful curls, congratulations on your BC!

It's funny tho, a lot of times the BC's do happen in groups...lol

Cheleigh said:
Perfect Doak I've been waiting for your BC and you kept changing the date!

Your hair looks absolutely gorgeous--and I love how you still can see the purple from your coloring! :) Congratulations.

I love it!

She said everything I wanted to say. I like the leftover purple parts

Tres Belle! Tres Belle! Congratulations on your BC! Enjoy your hair and recognize all you did to get where you are.

Thanks everyone!

BlackCardinal, I know what you mean about 'arriving', my hair finally feels 'free'.

nurseN98, yeah, I've noticed that a few people have BCed around the same time before. Strange...

tenderheaded, it's not well behaved at all! The curls at the nape and hairline will generally behave well, but the rest might not curl properly, have straighter sections (maybe that's something to do with me flat ironing it last weekend though...), frizz etc.

caligirl, not fast enought for my liking, I want BSL unstretched hair NOW! :lol: (I'm very impatient...)

VERY nice!! I love the purple tips too. It's a thick sexy head of curly hair. Enjoy!

p1

Back