another flat iron question: t3 vs chi vs fha

Glamorous_chic

Hi everyone!! i've done a search on this topic, and i know this is asked probably a million and one times, but thought i'd ask it again. well, i i usually get my hair done in a salon, b/c i don't know how to style my hair. I've decided to try to start to style my own hair. my hair is relaxed, 3 inches past shoulder length, and i've been told that i have fine textured hair. i recently went to ulta to purchase a chi, but decided to ask the sales person her advice on what to purchase. she recommended something with temperature control, and suggested chi, fhi, or t3. i ended up purchasing the t3 ceramic/tourlamine ion flat iron. however, after doing more research, i'm thinking about getting the chi or fhi. i was told i could return or exchange it if i didn't like how it worked. i got decent results, but since i didn't know what to expect, i'm wondering if i should just return it and get the chi or fhi and get better results. i did a search about the t3 flat iron, but most posts were about the blowdryer and the wet/dry flat iron. so, my question is, for anyone that is familiar with this brand, how does the t3 compare to chi and fha, and given my info, which would you recommend. any help is appreciated. thanks!!

ChocoKitty

I recently tried the Chi and returned it to try FHI. FHI is better than CHI cause it says you can use it on wet hair. However, I think I may eventually return to the T3. With FHI & CHI my hair reverts before I can finish my whole head. So I have to go over my whole head a couple of times to get my desired straighteness. I remember having more shine with the T3 and using less passes. I could walk outside while it was sprinkling under an umbrella and not worry about a single hair crinkling from the mist.

I believe a T3 is worth the investment. When I purchased my CHI & FHI I was desperate for a good flat iron but I was on a "budget". I had not used a flat iron in a long while and needed a fix. :look: I got T3 pics in my fokti.

soulie

The FHI is great on relaxed hair. I'm relaxed, with fine strands and I get excellent results.

Glamorous_chic

thank you everyone. i don't know why i don't see much info about the t3. is it not that known? and i just saw something about the sedu also, but hadn't heard much about it either.

souli- which fhi do you have?

BlackPearl1

Hi Chic

I have a T3 , 1 inch wet or dry flat iron. I know its not mention on the thread, but it is a great high end in flat iron. I love it and wouldn't trade it for anything else. T3 brands are great.

Two minutes into this YouTube video they go into the technology of tourmaline. I hope this helps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOEQUYv6YEc

This info is on Sephora website

Bespoke Labs Medium Duality Iron
What makes Bespoke Labs T3 different?
The Secret Ingredient: Flawless™, T3's tourmaline technology.
Flawless ™, is T3's proprietary method of harnessing the unique ionic and infrared properties of the tourmaline gemstone is the secret behind Bespoke Labs T3 tools' success among stylists and celebrities.

From pin-straight hair to luscious curls, the Special Edition Bespoke Labs T3 Medium Duality can do it all. Through a technique perfected by T3 called Flawless™, the Medium Duality's 1 3/8" wide ceramic plates are infused with tourmaline gemstones, resulting in hair enriched with high concentrations of cuticle-smoothing negative ions and healthy far infrared heat. Perfectly suited for straightening or curling broad areas of hair, it features toothed ribbing and custom built vents, while its sleek and ultra-stylish exterior is enhanced with a sparkling gemstone grip, a super-intuitive interface, and a distinctive skin that makes every iron unique.

What it does:
Further advanced by T3's new SmartPipes™ architecture, an intelligent, network-oriented system that enables perfect heat styling in real time, the Medium Duality can create virtually any dazzling look, while leaving hair glassy-smooth, lavishly hydrated, and perfectly in place all day long.

Features:
-1 3/8" wide tourmaline ceramic plates and ceramic heaters.
-SmartPipes™ architecture.
-Super-intuitive interface for instant heating.
-Toothed ribbing for maximum far infrared heating.
-Fully adjustable, swift heating with 410 °F / 210 °C max.
-Comprehensive, extensive warranty.

Benefits:
-Straighten, curl, or wave hair with a single tool with sleeker, shinier, healthier results due to tourmaline ions and maximum far infrared heat.
-Can be used to straighten or curl broad areas of hair for speedier styling.
-Creates deep, long-lasting hairstyles for day and night.
-Smoothes the cuticle for exceptionally smooth, silky, and shiny hair.
-Negative ions aid in locking in moisture and hair color.
-Closes the cuticle layer to protect hair.

Glamorous_chic

BlackPearl1 -wow, thanks soo much for the info. i couldn't seem to find info about it, but i thinki was looking on the ulta website, since i bought it from there. :dance7: again, thanks.

soulie

thank you everyone. i don't know why i don't see much info about the t3. is it not that known? and i just saw something about the sedu also, but hadn't heard much about it either.

souli- which fhi do you have?

I have a Runway (1") and a Platform (4/10"). The latter is especially wonderful for straightening NG after a roller set! :yep: By the way, Amazon has the Platform for $93.