Who owns a Chi Turbo? What's the verdict?

janeemat

I was just in the BSS eyeing a Chi Turbo flat iron. What do you ladies think about it? Does it get the hair silky straight? I usually just straighten my ng with my 2 in t3 curling iron, but I was thinking of getting a flat iron to get closer to the ng. If it does as good as the t3 curling iron, then I'm sold. I need to hear from you ladies on this, because I have plans to purchase the next day or so. The price was $124.95.

i have one and it worked really well BUT it does tend to snag your hair sometimes when pulling it thru. i loved it until i met the fhi iron. i LOVE this one!!:p

honeybadgirl said:
i have one and it worked really well BUT it does tend to snag your hair sometimes when pulling it thru. i loved it until i met the fhi iron. i LOVE this one!!:p

What temp did you use it own? So, it would press 10 wks ng without a problem. 1 swipe or 2???

i love mine! its gets my hair super straight but it does have a tendency for the red velvet part to melt off after a while.

if you mean what temp on the chi, i dont remember and i gave it away after i got the fhi. on the fhi i use btwn 300-350. 350, might be too high in some people's opinion but it performs better to me. my hair is thick and natural

honeybadgirl said:
if you mean what temp on the chi, i dont remember and i gave it away after i got the fhi. on the fhi i use btwn 300-350. 350, might be too high in some people's opinion but it performs better to me. my hair is thick and natural

Which Fhi do you own?

I ordered my chi turbo in july 06. It pulled my hair a bit but I was just in love with the results on my hair.
I would use it at least once a month. at most every week (for 3 weeks)

It broke in Octoer of 06. The light went off and would never come back on. I almost cried.

I'm looking for a sedu now.

I have one,, it works well but the red insulation burns off and it sometimes wont turn on on low,, I just got a Sedu ,, its soooo much lighter and silky smooth and i think it dries the hair out less than the CHI

the chi turbo is a great flat iron but i just recently fell in love w/the maxiglide
b/c it smooths out my ends better

Back