Another newbie

Renee604

I've been lurking through this forum for a while now, so I think it's time to actually get involved. I think it's great that all the women here are trying to help others to achieve their hair goals.

I live in British Columbia, Canada. I have relaxed 4b hair that barely touches my shoulders. i would love to have hair that is bra strap length, but I have really dry hair that always seems to break off no matter how much conditioning I do and little heat i use /images/graemlins/confused.gif. I would like to learn how to do a nice roller set so that I wouldn't have to use my flat iron to get that sleek look.

I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you ladies, but for now, peace.

kasey

Hi, Welcome to the board.

Many of the members with relaxed hair have, or are near reaching bra strap and beyond lengths. I am sure that you can pick up some tips from them on reaching your goals. You can also learn a lot about fixing dry hair from the curly heads on the site. Search for posts by SweetCocoa and AmiLion for roller setting expertise

--kc

BRIESMOM

Welcome. I know that you will enjoy the knowledge these sisters have to share. /images/graemlins/ooo.gif

pebbles

Hi Renee604,

Welcome to the board! What sort of products do you use for deep conditioning? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

sweetcocoa

Welcome to the board. I'm one of the ladies with very dry hair. I'm finding evening primrose and flaxseed oil soft capsules are helping alot in that area. Also applying oils on wet hair(I use my own recipe) before drying makes a big difference. They never work for me on dry hair. Amilion has a great thread on how she rolls her hair when wetsetting( she gives a good discription). My extra tips are starting with dripping wet hair(I don't towel dry), I use the smooth magnetic rollers with the snap on tops or the mesh rollers(I still use the snap on tops) when I'm in a hurry to dry. The smaller each section of hair rolled is the better...your parts don't have to be perfect. I clip rollers together to help them stay tight and cover with a hair net before drying. Be sure hair is <font color="red">completely</font color> before removing all the rollers or you'll get frizz. I'm sure the others have more helpful hints....also practice makes perfect.... If i find the thread by Amilion, I'll post it for you.

hairfanatic

Hi Renee and welcome! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

You have definately come to the right place to learn how to help your hair. When I was relaxed that's all I used to do was roller set. I never sat under a dryer but would roll my hair on Saturday after I have come in for the day and let it dry naturally. I used to let it dry naturally because sitting under the dryer used to dry my scalp out where it would itch too bad. The rollers that I learned to use first was the wire ones with the pins. It took a while for me to learn how to use the magnetic ones without them falling out of my head.