Who has very short hair with some long hair goals?

brandy

I have very short healthy hair, only 2.5 to 3 inches long measuring from the scalp to the tips (4a/4b). I've realised that my hair is the shortest on this forum but I'm still aiming for long hair! Who else has short hair with long hair goals. Lets encourage ourselves and share some ideas on how to achieve our aims sooner
. I belive I could achieve some of my goals because I've reached bra strap length before in a short period with relaxed hair. So common ladies let's go for it!

Serei

I doubt you have the shortest hair on the board. Several members are transitioning and quite a few of them have undergone the BIG CHOP! I think my hair is very short. It is at the nape of my neck. My ultimate goal is mid back length. I estimate around summer of 2005 or so. I hate thinking that far ahead in the future so I just take it one goal at a time. ONWARD TO SHOULDER LENGTH!

brandy

Hi Serei,
What protective styles do you plan on wearing this winter? I'll be wearing cornrows from the end of October.I've also changed my diet and also my vitamin regimen. I'll be exercising at least 30 mins every day. What else are you planning to do to encourage growth?

laketta

My hair from scalp to ends is between 4 and 5 inches long (when measured by a ruler) I did the big chop in june and had another haircut since to get rid of the remaining permed ends that were left. My goal is at least shoulder length which really I have about 3 inches to go before I get there. I hope to reach that by my birthday next april. I'm taking my vitamins and staying on corse. Right now I look like my avatar.

TBC72

You''re not alone Brandy. My hair is short too. I just want to make it to shoulder length. I probaly won't reach my goal till 2006. Even though I got a longs ways to go I'm not giving up. Until then, I'll wear my phonytails and crochet braids. We can do this!!!

northernbelle

Re: Who has very short hair with some long hair go

Currently, my hair measures four to six inches from scalp to ends. I am growing out a layered cut, as well as color highlights.

Last weekend, I purchased a measuring tape from the local sewing shop, and measured my hair. So, the hair measurements are current as of 20/9/03.

I cannot say when I will reach shoulder-length. I take the situation day-by-day. However, I hope to reach shoulder length by my 40th birthday!

For my workaday style, I wear my hair in an up-do twist. I sometimes wear my hair out the day ot two after a shampoo.

northernbelle

Serei

I plan on getting braids for the winter, Brandy. I also changed my vitamin regimen. I just ordered Hair Energizer vitamins. I am changing my diet also, (becoming a fruitarian
), though I can't really say that improvement is for my hair. Good luck!

[ QUOTE ]
Right now I look like my avatar.

[/ QUOTE ]
How cute lakettab!

brandy

How often do you ladies wash your hair? I was doing a weekly wash now I've started washing twice a week and I've noticed a reasonable amount of new growth in less than 2 weeks of relaxing.

Serei

I was washing daily because that is the only way I can style it. That is why I am getting braids. I am tired of doing it every day.

northernbelle

I returned to weekly washing and deep conditioning treatments following a VERY brief period of washing twice weekly. It was too much for my hair.

northernbelle

brandy

Hello Tonia2002,
Good luck and I believe you would achieve your goal before 2006. I'm glad you're not giving up,we can do it together!

brandy

Have you tried drinking the hair growth drink? (carrots,apples,and ginger?) I modified it and added beetroot and sometimes cucumber. I noticed that my nails started growing faster since I started drinking this stuff.

Serei

Carrots, apple and ginger? OH MY! Doesn't sounds very appetizing to me. How long have you been drinking it and how often?

brandy

I've been drinking this stuff about 3 weeks on a daily basis. You could add honey or lemon for taste. I added the beetroot for taste and it's nice.

skegeesmb

I used to have short hair, and my first goal was shoulderlength. It took about a year to get there. Just wait you'll have many people saying they can't wait to get to your length. You'll see!

Trinette

i have only 1.5" of hair. I want to have big hair too.
Hopefully a 12" fro.

I can't wait either!!!

YuNg

the longest part of my hair is a lil over an inch im trying to have long hair in braids that reach my shoulder blades almost toward my armpit.

diamondlady

I started with hair from 1.5 inches to 4 inches. It was really jacked up. In the front, it as 1.5 inches long, most of hair was 3" and the very back was 4". This was in June 2002, in fact 6/11/02 I decided I wanted to grow my hair and not have hair bonded in, or sewn in. I wanted my own hair and started researching methods to grow my own. Now the shortest part is 7" and some is as long as 9". I'm very happy and looking to growing more hair.

nekee

I think i am going to stop saying i want my hair shoulder length and stuff like that because my shoulder length would be someone else's mid back . ( due to my long straight neck )

I want 10 inches of healthy hair. I have about 1 inch in the back because it was shaved off from having a short hairstyle. It may have gotten longer but im done checking anymore.

northernbelle

HEY!!!

Why not start Short Hair Growers' Club? Sort of a challenge to get to shoulder length????

Any takers???

northernbelle

brandy

[ QUOTE ]
northernbelle said:
HEY!!!

Why not start Short Hair Growers' Club? Sort of a challenge to get to shoulder length????

Any takers???

northernbelle

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm interested but how do we go about this?

diamondlady

Nekee,

Expressing hair in inches makes a lot more sense to me. I can understand better how much hair you want instead of using body parts (shoulders, mid-back, waist, etc.) or clothing (bra strap) to describe your goals. I think that's a great idea to describe in inches.

Shinka

I did my big chop currently rocking some braids on my 1.5 inch hair. I want to grow 6 inches by next year this time. I can see how much my ahir grows by December when I tak my braids out. I'm going to try the crown and glory technique for the nest two years.

YuNg

but then again it doesnt really matter. If your growing it to your shoulders its Your shoulders no matter how many inches its on you rather than another person's inches at shoulder length.

nekee

Yung - it's my opinion ok ?

Thanx diamondlady - i think is is a good idea also

brandy

Let's do it everyone, lets form a club of short hair growers and encourage ourselves to grow our hair long!

brandy

Does it mean only 3 people with short hair just want to form a club of short hair growers?:(