Anyone have a 2-year growth cycle? I do.

nijilah

I have just accepted that around bra-strap is my maximum hair growth length. My hair was waist length as a child but I was shorter. And after that first cut and even now, I can grow my hair to around bra strap with no problem. I swear, if I trim my hair to my shoulders, within a few months, it is back down to about an inch above bra strap. Then it creeps to bra strap. Since I am only 5'1, yes I am short, that is just about a two year growth cycle.

This has to be true because I now know how to take care of my hair and have been doing an excellent job at hair care for at least 2 years, yet I am still around bra strap.

It is frustrating to me because I really want waist length, but if I am ever going to be happy with my hair, I am just going to have to accept it and realize that hair pieces can be my friend.

Bra-strap is a nice long length --- if you have straight hair. But as a 3C/4A, bra strap looks shoulder-length. Oh well.

Just expressing myself.

AudraChanell

Don't give up...kick your game up a notch. Are you loosing your ends or you dont notice growth?

I have never paid much attention to my growth cycle and have to admit I've always been rather scissor happy. And you are right, BS length is nice long length --- that is my goal:) Anything more would be wonderful bonus!

inthepink

Don't lose hope. I never thought my hair would grow past my brastrap but with a consistent regimen including regular trims, my hair grew WAY past my brastrap!

Valerie

I thought I had a two year old cycle myself and my hair would reach nape length and stop, but since the daily rinsing and exercise, supplements and change of diet, a modified Atkins food regime. My hair is still growing, plus I had to learn to be consistent with my regime.

nijilah

Wow!

You all are sure positive!

I had hubby check my hair and he said that I have lost a little length. Also, I straightened my hair (which I do about 3 times per year) to get a really good look at the ends. My hair straightened very nice, but the ends were a mess! They were split, frizzy, knotted, etc!!! So I gave myself a 1 inch trim.

I hate to admit that after all of my hard work and focusing on hair health, at some point, I must be loosing my ends.

Nyambura

surfer girl
Please don't give up, Nijilah! Have you tried eating seaweed salad? Jade 21 said that helped her get over the hump. I've eaten seaweed salad from Whole Foods, they have different varieties, and I was suprised that it didn't taste gross. Now that I'm pregnant and almost anything makes me queasy, all bets are off but I want to return to that once the nausea abates. If you don't like sea food or anything from the water, and I know some folks don't, maybe you won't like how seaweed salad tastes - as I recall, it was sweet. HTH.