Any 3b/c's out there

CutiePie0Five

Hi Ladies,

I think I finally found out what my hair type is, but I could be wrong...So, I was wondering if there were any 3b/c's out there with pictures so that I can compare their hair to mine.

Thanks!

CutiePie0Five

Thanks ladies!

Your pictures are so inspirational! I'm so excited to see my hair once my relaxer is completely grown out. lol 5 months down, and many more inches to go!

By the way, what do you use to define your curls? Like, if you wanted to do a wash n' go, but not have frizz?

Blackbird77

balisi said:
You might find mine helpful. Password is in my profile.

balisi,

After looking at your photos I believe I may be a 3c. I kept thinking I was a 4a (though my hairline has to be) but my hair looks just like yours when it is pulled back into a ponytail. I'm going back to the baggie method myself.

balisi

Blackbird77 said:
balisi,

After looking at your photos I believe I may be a 3c. I kept thinking I was a 4a (though my hairline has to be) but my hair looks just like yours when it is pulled back into a ponytail. I'm going back to the baggie method myself.
Yes, if I understand this hair type system (which is very limited for us women of color), my hair in the front and crown is 3b and 3c everywhere else. I tried the baggie method once but didn't care for it.

To the OP: gel (specifically Fantasia IC) curling cremes and pomades help minimize frizz which in turn defines texture. I use Garnier products and Beyond the Zone Noodle Head when I want greater definition and less frizz.

FlowerHair

Reclaiming my time
CutiePie0Five said:
Thanks ladies!

Your pictures are so inspirational! I'm so excited to see my hair once my relaxer is completely grown out. lol 5 months down, and many more inches to go!

By the way, what do you use to define your curls? Like, if you wanted to do a wash n' go, but not have frizz?

If I want to wear my hair down I just let it air dry after washing and applying a leave-in conditioner (Africa's Best Leave In Mayonnaise) and make sure not to touch it or rub it or fluff it or mess with it in any way.
My curls are never super defined, there is always some frizz in there :look:
Good luck!

cafe1

Im 3b on top, 3b/c in the middle/ends.

After a wash or CO wash I use a mix of John Frieda FizzEase relaxing cream (xtra coarse) plus ORS olive oil hair lotion to tame my frizz..Oh and I put Redken Smooth Down Heat Glide on the top to seal and shine.

Curlee_lurker

LA face/low class booty
I like mousse types of products. I feel like I distribute them better than gels. But gels work so much better when I'm not lazy and actually apply it correctly.

I like serums for frizz free looks and shine as well. If you don't use cones I'm sure you'd rather steer clear of them though.

curlilocs

CutiePie0Five said:
Thanks ladies!

I can use leave in conditioners as daily styling products. MOP, Govanni Direct, and Elucence are my favorites. The heavier and creamier, the more my hair likes it, Elucence is the exception. Productwise, my hair likes curl activator gels, heavy/ medium creams, and butters best when mixed with a little oil. My hair also tolerates oil directly.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
curlilocs said:
I can use leave in conditioners as daily styling products. MOP, Govanni Direct, and Elucence are my favorites. The heavier and creamier, the more my hair likes it, Elucence is the exception. Productwise, my hair likes curl activator gels, heavy/ medium creams, and butters best when mixed with a little oil. My hair also tolerates oil directly.
Same here. Elucence is the bomb! It's all the styling product I need when I wear my hair curly.

chibi

This is when I was 3c.it evolved to 3b/3c and this pic is pretty old it was taken last july... I was 15 wks post a relaxer... around this time I decided to transition

HOPES THIS HELPS!

Last edited:

tthreat08

My album is in my siggy. I don't do wash and go anymore though. I get those little knots in my hair when I do that, and I just can't stand them.