Are there any other 2a/3b's out there?

mspretty

Are there any other 2a/3b\'s out there?

It seems as though everybody I noticed is a 4a or 4b, but I have never seen anyone with a 2a/3b type, which is the type I am. I was looking for a shampoo and/or conditioner that encourages the curls to form, because part of my hair is straight and wavy, because I got relaxers for years because I was brainwashed into thinking that only straight hair was pretty, but I don't believe that anymore, so I am trying to get all of my hair back to its natural curly state. I would appreciate any suggestions. TIA

lsubabiedee

Re: Are there any other 2a/3b\'s out there?

hi mspretty, there are plenty of 3b's here....ayeshia, irresistible are two that come to mind...im sure the others will come out at daybreak!

inthepink

2a/3b -- Do you mean it's naturally wavy (2a) while short but once longer becomes curly (3b)?
Just trying to get a mental picture of your hair.

I think I may be 3b/3c if you'd like to view my pics. I've been transitioning for over a year.

Good luck on your transition!

CaramelKiss

I'm a 3 with dry corkscrew curls. Anyhow, I cut my relaxed hair off last summer and now my natural hair is almost bra strap length. I use a variety of conditioners. For my deep conditioner, I use St. Ives Fortifying. It is absolutely wonderful and cheap! I am currently using Nexxus Therappe and Aloe Rid clarifying shampoo but would like to switch to something more moisturizing once it's finished. I use regular conditioners, whatever is on sale and Pantene curls gel. It contains no alcohol. Anyhow if u are looking for something to encourage the curls, maybe u can try scrunching your hair after u shampoo & condition or try the plopping method. I use leave in, jojoba oil and gel while my hair is soaking wet or almost damp depending on the look I am trying to achieve. But for me, curl formation isn't the problem, it's keeping the frizzies away!

Mahalialee4

Mahalialee4 here, 3b.L Regular moisturising conditioners rotated with deep condtioning along with a leave in tonic that works to meet your needs, and non greasy oiling techniques work for me. Length, past shoulders on the sides (actually armpit length) past shoulder length bangs, and past bra strap at the back. Hope this helps.

Devi

I'm a 3a.

Try nexxus humectress and kenra.. and that 10 en 1 dominican conditioner. They make my curls come out great.

I'm a natural 2b/c and I find "Curls" shampoo and conditioner encourages nice waves/curls and detangles well for me. Also the "Curls" daily moisturizer makes the curls/waves soft and smooth.

If your interested go to www.curls.biz

SilkyandSmooth

My hair in its natural state is wavy/curly, but I'm not sure what type that is. 2b/c? 3b/c? I just don't know anymore.
I too am ready to get my natural hair back. I've tired of the straight look.

Tai

I'm a 3b with a little 3c on the crown. I switch shampoos and conditioners alot (PJ). I like my shampoos to give a lot of slip because it helps me define my curls. I shampoo once a week. I like Kenra MC, KeraCare Hydrating, NTM, and CON when I use shampoos & I only lather once. I CW 2-3 times a week. I tend to use Suave Milk & Honey and Tropical Coconut for my CW. They give me nice slip without being too heavy.

To boost up my curls, I use Tracy's method of leaving in a bit of my conditioner and then adding a combo of leave in conditioner (Salerm 21), Loreal's Taming Cream, serum (NTM) and John Frieda's Dream Curls. Dream curls can leave your hair crunchy but I break up the crunch gently with my fingers once it dries and my hair is always tangle free and very soft.
Sorry about the long post.
HTH

mspretty

Oooh I glad to know I am not alone, thank u everybody for the great tips. Hairlove-what I meant by saying I was a 2a/3b was that my hair is a combination of the two it's wavy in some parts and curly in other parts. I get frustrated with it because I can never seem to get it all curly or all wavy at one time! Thanks ATLwavylocks for the link, I will definetely have to try them out, that looks like exactly what I am looking for. I heard alot about this kenra product as well, so I will try that out too. I have been using Nexxus humectress cond. and Nexxus therappe shampoo for about a month or two now and it is great at giving me moisture, but I don't think it really promotes my curls.

Irresistible

the only reason i didnt answer this one, is cause i just really dont know of any shampoo and/or conditioner that actually promotes curls.....only some styling products that might help some with definition....but i saw the link ATLwavylocks provided....thats definitely interesting.

Ayeshia

[ QUOTE ]
Irresistible said:
the only reason i didnt answer this one, is cause i just really dont know of any shampoo and/or conditioner that actually promotes curls.....only some styling products that might help some with definition....but i saw the link ATLwavylocks provided....thats definitely interesting.

[/ QUOTE ]

me neither. i am really starting to believe that my hair has a mind of its own. one day i have these perfect defined curls, and then the next day i use the exact product and method and wind up with a head full of frizz like today.