Any advice/opinion on my hair type and routine? (PICS)

Snugzee

Hello ladies!

Ive been diligently browsing through the threads on here since officially deciding to rock my natural hair and do away with heat, drawstring ponytails, etc. I found a lot of helpful advice and tips but I also know a key to caring for curls is knowing your hair type and porosity… as I much as I googled pics I’m undecided if I’m a 3C, 4A, or, 4B . I feel as if I’m a mixture of 4A and 4B but was hoping you all might be a better judge for me. I don’t have much of a set routine yet, I’m still figuring out what my hair likes and doesn’t like. But the products I’m currently using are from the Mielle Pomegrante and Honey line: The Shampoo and Conditioner, I just incorporated the Mint D/C last night (hopefully it turns out well!). I then do the LCO method in a two strand twists using Mielle Pomegranate Leave in, Mielle Twisting Souflee, and then sealing with Silk Elements Pure Oil Jojoba Oil. I stretch my twists using Bobby pins to lay and wrap them around my head, wrap with a silk scarf and bonnet and sleep on a satin pillowcase. I also retwist nightly, I hope all of that sounds like a good routine!
This is my first time posting on here, I’m going to attempt to include pictures
TIA!

Attachments

• IMG_2588.jpeg
    IMG_2588.jpeg
    405.5 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_2587.jpeg
    IMG_2587.jpeg
    580.7 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_2730.jpeg
    IMG_2730.jpeg
    367.4 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_2772.jpeg
    IMG_2772.jpeg
    170.5 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_2574.jpeg
    IMG_2574.jpeg
    351.2 KB · Views: 31

Snugzee

Welcome!! You have beautiful curls. I would say you fall within the 3C/4A range. Have you determined your hair porosity?
Thank you! I used to be so awful to my hair, I can’t wait to see if it will take off and flourish. I’m not sure what porosity I have but I think it might be medium. When I wet and apply products it seems to just soak it up. It doesn’t take long to dry, takes color pretty well and stays moisturized so long as I moisturize nightly. I keep saying I’m going to do the strand test with water but it has to be done with clean hair I believe and I always forget to do it on wash day lol

Napp

Ms. Nobody
I would say 4a. Retwisting nightly might be too much manipulation. I recommend trying a mousse with good hold in order to keep from having to retwist

BonBon

Your hair texture looks quite different to me between pics!

I would think the blonde and the latest pic looks mostly 4a.