Any Dallas Texas residents?

cheche

I am located in Dallas and have been looking for a Dominican salon for a blowout. I have been unsuccessful, has anyone on board heard of or seen these types of salons in Dallas? If not, do you have any suggestions on good salons? Thanks ladies.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Letitia,

I looked in the salon review discussion and found a thread where it seemed that you were discussing a stylist in Memphis. Is there a thread where you mentioned a Dominican salon or stylist in Dallas, TX?

cheche

Thanks ladies for the response. I received some great info from Caplush and will be giving the person she suggested a call this week. We Dallas residents should get together for a meet and greet! I am always up for meeting new friends with similar interests. Let me know.

CAPlush

Guys,
The Dominican stylist I know has limited appointments, that is the reason I chose to pm people individually.

planodiva

Ladies,

My stylist does not do dominican blow-outs but she is the absolute best stylist ever. PM me if you want her information.

gn1g

::singing:: I have an appointment, I have an appointment!

Her: What do you want done?
Me: A Wrap
Her: what's dat?
Me: (to myself o'boy) it's like a bob, straight hair yada yada yada. . . African American women wear this style alot.
Her: U ever had yo hair done by hispanic?
Me: No.
Her: hmmm I dunno
Me: never mind
Her No wat a minet, u mean I wash and condition yo hair and den roll it up take it down, blow it out and wrap it, dat's a style right?
Me: ::excited:: Yeah! Yeah!
Her: so u still want an appointment?
Me: Yes, will it come out silky and bouncy?
Her: yes and shinny too.

She gave me a time.

Me: How about earlier tomorrow or later today?
Her: My appointment book is filled, I'm booked.

anybody else have an appointment? I just hope the weather conditions are good.

gn1g

Caplush

Does she sale any other DR products?

You mention that she has an excellent DRYER? Do you mean blow dryer or hood dryer? I hate sitting under the dryer.

CAPlush

Hey gn1g,
I'm so glad you got an appointment! I'm on the Hide Your Hair Challenge, so I probably won't be back over there for a few months. I was talking about the hood dryer, it is one of the egg-shaped ones. It had my hair dry in 15 min flat.

She only sells Salerm stuff in her place, but they may know of other places around town to get DR products. Couldn't hurt to ask.

gn1g

I kept my appt. yesterday with Eno. Someone from her salon called and asked could I come earlier and I said yes. You can see the shop from the frwy very easy to find. I walked in and she had Salerm everywhere. That's the only product she promotes. I asked three ladies if their name was Eno before I met her. She came over and introduced herself to me and said this lady will be doing your poo today. She has two poo bowls sitting on a platform. I sat down in the chair but I felt like the chair was not positioned correctly so that my head would fall in the sink. It was like sitting straight up getting your hair washed. At various times water went down my shirt. The girl was doing good at pooing my hair, she would frequently say "good?" I would say yes. But then she started to use her nails on my scalp - did not like that. She put a lot of poo in my hair and i was wondering how is she going to rinse my nape. It came time to rinse, and I didn't want water down my shirt again, mind you they do not drape you like other salons. So I pushed back in my chair and stretched into the bowl. She rinsed it out no water down my face or shirt and it felt like she rinse all of the soap out. The poo lady held up a jar and said u want condit? I nodded yes. She applied it to my hair and piled my hair on top of my head and clipped my hair. She called me out of the chair with her finger and pointed to the next chair which was a shampoo bowl chair. I notice this hairdryer on this large arm attached to a wall. Eno comes over and says lay back in the chair with you head in the bowl. Then the poo lady places the dryer over my head.

There's another lady in the shop getting ready to get her hair done. She has a bag and a styrofoam cup. She begins to pull out products left and right. Girls the PJ came out of me like nobody's business. I was straining my neck and eyes trying to read the lables. Of course they were speaking in spanish as she gave the poo lady insx on how to use the products. So I thought to myself I will just ask her about her products. She handed the cup to the poo lady and the lady scooped whatever was in there out and applied it to her hair.

Eno came over and said come with me. She seated me in a chair that's right in front of the front door. The poo lady came over and roller set my hair, she showed me a box of something and said you want? I shook my head yes, I noticed the box said salerm so I figured it must be good. Later eno said it was Placenta, while emphasizing that I really really need a haircut, if you don't get one those ends are just going to breakoff anyway. eventually the poo lady left and I was in there alone with that box. I read the box and it sounded like the best product in the world it promotes growth and it contains some extracts to cause the blood to flow to your scalp. Sounds like what capsazin does without the burn.

So I am back under the dryer still trying to read products, to no avail. The dryer was cool, so I ask Eno shouldn't it be hot, because it was hotter the first time. She just took me out and we went back to the front.

She removed all of the grey rollers and said you really need a hair cut it is not going to look right and it will not last. she place her hand on my scalp and bowed her head as if she was praying, don't know if she was or wasn't I had already prayed about my hair on the ride. My last stylist use to silently pray over her clients hair.

So she massaged my scalp and it felt so good. She grabbed a brush and the blow dryer, she hooked that brush in my hair (which I will never understand how she does that) and aims the blow dryer at my roots, (which were already straight I just had a touch up about 9 days ago). Smoke filled the room. I didn't notice her putting anything on my hair prior to blow drying. She finished the BD. She said look your ends need to be clipped. So I said ok, how much she said $35.00 I said no, how much length she said it is very uneven, about 2 inches here and 3 inches there. (one side of my hair grows faster) She said it will grow back and it will be much better. So I said ok. (punked out).

It came out very silky feeling, straight, bouncy and ashy. She ask me if I had my pins. I said no, she said okay I will get you some but bring them back with you next time. She wrapped my hair up with the pins, did a very good job of wrapping it and that was the way I left the shop. got downstairs and into my car, I removed all of the pinns and went shopping in the rain. Will I go back? Not sure.

She said oil attracts dirt and your style will not last, she didn't use spritz nor hairspray yeah! But I did need some shine. Very nice people, she gets you in an out no waiting around. She said almost all of her clients are AA. She likens her hair to ours, calling it curly.

Last edited:

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Thanks gn for the detailed play by play of your experience. I felt like I was reading a good novel! It's neat to hear about a real-live Dominican blowout right here in our great Dallas metro! :up:

gn1g

Here's the product that I will be ordering tonight,

3 Salerm Vegetable Placenta Restructurer Phials (0.44 Fl Oz. x 4)
A formula boosted with the Active Hair Ingredient Prunus Africana, rich in phytosterols and terpenes, which provide a descongestant, invigorating action. It also includes other specific active ingredients to increase hair follicle cellular activity. Ideal to strengthen hair root vitality making it stronger, shinier, energetic and more resistant to loss. It contains plant extracts such as Thyme, Bergamot, Rosemary, essential amoacids and vitamins that strengthen hair follicle activity.

Directions:
Apply the full content of a phial upon clean hair. Massage gently to stimulate blood flow. Do not rinse.

Doesn't it sound wonderful?

CAPlush

gn1g said:
Here's the product that I will be ordering tonight,

3 Salerm Vegetable Placenta Restructurer Phials (0.44 Fl Oz. x 4)
A formula boosted with the Active Hair Ingredient Prunus Africana, rich in phytosterols and terpenes, which provide a descongestant, invigorating action. It also includes other specific active ingredients to increase hair follicle cellular activity. Ideal to strengthen hair root vitality making it stronger, shinier, energetic and more resistant to loss. It contains plant extracts such as Thyme, Bergamot, Rosemary, essential amoacids and vitamins that strengthen hair follicle activity.

Directions:
Apply the full content of a phial upon clean hair. Massage gently to stimulate blood flow. Do not rinse.

Doesn't it sound wonderful?

Eno used this product on me each time I went to her salon and I believe that they worked. I did not see a shed or broken hair for almost a week after going to her salon. There are some threads on this forum concerning placenta and cancer, so please read up on that ingredient before incorporating a lot of placenta into your regimen.

GlamourGirl

Supergirl said:
Thanks gn for the detailed play by play of your experience. I felt like I was reading a good novel! It's neat to hear about a real-live Dominican blowout right here in our great Dallas metro! :up:

Yes I agree, thanks! Atleast I know what to expect when I finally do make an appointment!

CAPlush

gn1g said:
Caplush, do you use the salerm perm? Do you frequent any other salons?

No, I'm afraid to switch from my trusty Affirm Regular No-lye, although I do believe my hair would do better with a lye perm. I bet the Salerm relaxer is really good, but I think Hispanic people have a more resistant hair type so I'm worried that the relaxer may be too strong.

I don't go to any salon regularly except for a relaxer at JCPenney.

gn1g

CAPlush said:
Eno used this product on me each time I went to her salon and I believe that they worked. I did not see a shed or broken hair for almost a week after going to her salon. There are some threads on this forum concerning placenta and cancer, so please read up on that ingredient before incorporating a lot of placenta into your regimen.

The placenta is the truth!!! I have not seen a single broken nor shedd strand of hair since the visit to her shop.

MissFallon

how much does she charge for just a wash and set w/o the cut? I can do a really good dominican blowout (been going to their salons for 17 years) but I like to get it done once in a while by someone else. I don't want to pay more than 25 though cuz I can get off my lazy *** and do it myself (I'm too used to NYC prices-$12)