I'm opening a dominican salon in the Dallas area

texasqt

OH HECK YEA!!! I'll be subscribing to this thread and checking ya' out in October because I've considered visiting a dominican salon. I'm sure you've already started doing your research on the prices. And believe me, we will pay top dollar for some healthy hair care! I personally appreciate you having the thought in mind to offer your services at affordable rates because some people are definitely over charging. Dallas is not NY but some stylist charge like they are in Beverly Hills! (and still break out your hair!). You will be blessed and you will know in your heart what's right and fair for you and your clients. Don't forget tho, Miss Fallon gots to eat too!!!

gn1g

I would come. I just got back from NYC, took my daughter and niece to Sister's in Brooklyn, we all loved our hair and the prices. The line was out the door. I am going to write a review about that salon experience. I don't understand how you have a clientel of all english speaking blacks and non of the workers speak english, everybody capitilizing off AA women but AA women.

Do you have your license? I was thinking I need to go out and get my cosmo license and do the Dominican thang too.:yep: Holla if you need some help.

yellagirl730

After looking high and low for a good dominican salon that isn't expensive I've decided that I am either going to start doing dominican blowouts and other dominican services for others and myself or just open up a dominican salon in the Dallas/Ft Worth area. I am originally from NYC where I lived in a dominican neighborhood for 22 yrs. I basically mastered the technique at 17 when I had to go to college in the middle of nowhere and there were no salons for "us". I am going to basically the same way they do it in New York, which means low prices fast service and good styling techniques. However, I will also focus on maintaining and growing healthy long ethnic hair.

For my prices I have come up with this:

Wash & Set (dom. blowout)- $17 (with deep conditioner)
Color- $30 permanent, $22 rinse
Relaxer- $25
Sew in- $50 full head with hair left out at the top
Clip in Extensions-$40 *measure you, make them and apply)
Shirley Temple Curls & Other curly sets- $25

I am going to be using mostly dominican products and some Nexxus products. I will also be selling dominican products for NY prices (which are a lot cheaper) since that is where I am going to purchasing them from.

How does this sounds? Are my prices reasonable enough? What other services should I offer?

I have not had my hair done in Dallas b4 (only NY) so I am basing them on prices that I am used to and feel that they aren't too much.

Please let me know when it is open as I live close to DFW area and have benn dying to get my hair done in a Dominican salon.

luvenia

It's been a long while since I've been on this site lurking around :perplexed. But I'm back and noticed your POST. I'm in Dallas and I know I will be making an appointment when you open. This is great!

lboogie2679

I'm keeping my eyes and ears open for the opening as well. All you gotta do is advertise on 97.9 and 104.5 with those prices and the line will be around the corner!!

Taina

Congrats!!!
Would you do some international sales too? I`m in Mexico and im looking for a distribuitor ^^

motherpopcorn562

man this is a great idea. the prices seem good to me. and selling the products is a good idea. You can even get a website or sell them on ebay as well