Favorite Dominican Salon in DMV and why

MaryJane3000

Hi ladies!

I need suggestions on good salons to visit for a lhcf approved Dominican blow/out. It'll be my first time getting one in a salon so any suggestions or advice on things to look out for would be great!

Thanks!

I go to Sintia's in landover. I really like them. My only issue is the stylists aren't all fluent in English. But I like the place. It's been newly remodeled. And you get your come back card stamped when you go. How much are you trying to spend? I usually get la bamba (pre poo), the regular wash and set, and then I use the steamer when I have the funds lol. A normal service is $40 plus $5 for the pre poo and $20 for the steam. So $65...which to me is an issue cuz that's the same price as a relaxer touchup lol. Ive tried ampollo as well and it gives a nice tingle. It was recommended for my excessive shedding after taking down my sew in. Ok this post went way too long lol. Pm me if you have questions. Hope it works for you chica

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Ladies....which of the recommended salons are good at blowing out natural hair? I'm in the DMV as well and I'd like to get my hair blown out tomorrow.

Ladies....which of the recommended salons are good at blowing out natural hair? I'm in the DMV as well and I'd like to get my hair blown out tomorrow.

I've seen natural ladies come out looking fly from Sintia's. And they've never pressed me abt chemical services. However it does cost more. Like $75

i recommend sintia's as well. its not necessarily $75 for naturals however. if they can rollerset your hair, it is the regular $40, if not then they will have to blow dry you wet at $75. however, generally they won't know until you've been shampoo'd if they can rollerset you or not, so to be on the safe side, be prepared to pay $75. also, bring your own deep conditioner, so that you won't be charged extra if you want a deep conditioner. i usually pre-poo my hair prior to going as well. so i will usually add vatika oil overnight the night prior to going when i went on a regular basis. i've been to a couple of other dominican salons, and sintia's gave me the best results. also, if you go on tuesdays, it is $10 off services.

i recommend sintia's as well. its not necessarily $75 for naturals however. if they can rollerset your hair, it is the regular $40, if not then they will have to blow dry you wet at $75. however, generally they won't know until you've been shampoo'd if they can rollerset you or not, so to be on the safe side, be prepared to pay $75. also, bring your own deep conditioner, so that you won't be charged extra if you want a deep conditioner. i usually pre-poo my hair prior to going as well. so i will usually add vatika oil overnight the night prior to going when i went on a regular basis. i've been to a couple of other dominican salons, and sintia's gave me the best results. also, if you go on tuesdays, it is $10 off services.

They don't charge if you bring your own deep conditioner? I didn't know that. I've been thinking abt bringing my own rollers and having them just do a rollerset until I can find out how to do it correctly myself. Meaning no wash, no hood dryer, no blow dryer. Just rollers. Hope they offer that as an option

It couldn't hurt to try them out. I rarely waited a long time (2 hours from start to finish, sometimes 3). I started bringing my own DC after what I learned in this thread. I havent been since I've gone natural (about 2 and a half years) but I would go again if I wanted a blow out

I keep hearing radio commercials about the S one so I was going to go there next month after my touch up.

I usually go to Sashelivis(sp)

Just debating on trying something new. I need to go on a Sunday. Cause tomorrow is crazy

I have to admit if Sashelivis can roller set my hair I don't like the uncertainty of Sinita not being able to. I read that part on their website about recommending blow out for naturals can't that they might not be able to roller set.

Last edited:
Back