Any "end times" experts here

gn1g

Things are looking a bit end timish to me and I would like to have a discussion with anyone who is sort of well versed on the subject.

What kinds of things are you noticing concerning the last days?

Is the stage completely set for Jesus' return? Have all of the prophecies been fulfilled. Is the antichrist on the scene? I think that he is. Where does Obama fit in all of this? Looks like we are full speed ahead to a one world order.

Last edited:

metamorfhosis

Things are looking a bit end timish to me and I would like to have a discussion with anyone who is sort of well versed on the subject.

What kinds of things are you noticing concerning the last days?

Is the stage completely set for Jesus' return? Have all of the prophecies been fulfilled. Is the antichrist on the scene? I think that he is. Where does Obama fit in all of this? Looks like we are full speed ahead to a one world order.

Hi gn1g-

You can pm me if you like. I enjoy talking end times and yes it really appears that some are pushing for a New World Order.

From what I have studied, I think we could see the beginning of the 7 year peace treaty.

However, there is a ministry that is centered around end times. Have you ever heard of Jack Van Impe? He and his wife have a tv ministry and both have their doctorates. Rexella reads the global news article and Jack gives the bible verse that it relates to. He believes that JESUS could come NOW. That there aren't any events that have to take place before he comes.

Now, there was a slight controversy with them earlier this year. They had a video out about prognosticators, seers, etc who thought the world would end in 2012. So people thought they were setting dates. They weren't setting dates but rather DISCUSSING the people who did set a date.

They come on 1:30am Tuesday morning and 9:30pm Wednesday night EST. Check TBN.org for your local listings.

Here is additional info:

Global News
Welcome to Jack Van Impe Ministries International

TV Program/Audio
http://www.jackvanimpe.com/

Last edited:

BeautifulFlower

I by no means am an expert. Do I can share a little about what I've recently read in Matthews. Comments in blue.

Matthew 24 (New King James Version)

The Signs of the Times and the End of the Age

3 Now as He sat on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately, saying, “Tell us, when will these things be? And what will be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the age?”
4 And Jesus answered and said to them:“Take heed that no one deceives you. 5 For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will deceive many. 6 And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not troubled; for all[a]these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. 7 For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be famines, pestilences, and earthquakes in various places. 8 All these are the beginning of sorrows.
9 “Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and kill you, and you will be hated by all nations for My name’s sake. 10 And then many will be offended, will betray one another, and will hate one another. 11 Then many false prophets will rise up and deceive many. 12 And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold. 13 But he who endures to the end shall be saved. 14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.

PF_ANB's commentary: Jesus says when the gospel is preached in every corner of the world, then he will come. No one can know when that will happen. Thats why its important we share the gospel so that the gospel is preached to those in our communities and the world.

The Great Tribulation

15 “Therefore when you see the ‘abomination of desolation,’[c] spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place” (whoever reads, let him understand), 16 “then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains. 17 Let him who is on the housetop not go down to take anything out of his house. 18 And let him who is in the field not go back to get his clothes. 19 But woe to those who are pregnant and to those who are nursing babies in those days! 20 And pray that your flight may not be in winter or on the Sabbath. 21 For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world until this time, no, nor ever shall be.

PF_ANB's: I believe we are definitely about here. I know the North American Treaty is being signed and implemented to lift the borders between Canada, America, and Mexico. Europe already has a treaty. I do not know what Obama will do. Bush already signed the treaty during the 911 confusion. I believe 911 was staged from my research, my opinion not biblical.

22 And unless those days were shortened, no flesh would be saved; but for the elect’s sake those days will be shortened.
23 “Then if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Christ!’ or ‘There!’ do not believe it. 24 For false christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. 25 See, I have told you beforehand.
26 “Therefore if they say to you, ‘Look, He is in the desert!’ do not go out; or ‘Look, He is in the inner rooms!’ do not believe it. 27 For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. 28 For wherever the carcass is, there the eagles will be gathered together

PF_ANB: There will be alot of false prophets and false Messiah's. In knowing what he has told us we will not be deceived. He will come as a thief in the night to take His own. Verse below....

The Coming of the Son of Man

29 “Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 30 Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. 31 And He will send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

No One Knows the Day or Hour - Very important to remember

36 “But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven,[e] but My Father only.

PF_ANB: This is so important to me because alot of people talk about when he's coming. But he already said no one but the Father will know. I know alot about the 2012 stuff and I believe there is some significance to it. However, Jesus said we will not know so I am not concerned when he is coming. I'll tell you what I am concerned about....

37 But as the days of Noah were, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be.

PF_ANB: This verse is what I focus on. Noah didnt know when but he knew it was coming. Therefore, he got busy preparing for the arrival. God told him to build a boat, sent him exactly how to make it, and following that he waited. People thought we was crazy building a boat no where near water. But God had a plan. Noah obeyed and he lived. Imagine he didnt obey. God would have had to creat a new race of people, thats if he wanted to. So this is where we as Christians fall off alot. We need to get prepared and obey God's commands because no one knows when it will happen. Its fun to speculate when sometimes though.

38 For as in the days before the flood, they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, 39 and did not know until the flood came and took them all away, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. 40 Then two men will be in the field: one will be taken and the other left. 41 Two women will be grinding at the mill: one will be taken and the other left.

PF_ANB: This is what will happen when he comes. We'll be gone. Enough said. No miracles, no wonders, just poof...we're outta here.

42 Watch therefore, for you do not know what hour[f] your Lord is coming. 43 But know this, that if the master of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched and not allowed his house to be broken into. 44 Therefore you also be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect.

PF_ANB: This verse is a reason I do not believe Jesus will come in 2012. He says we will not expect the hour. When 2012 comes everyone will be expecting him to arrive and do something. Jesus says if you expect me and watch for me, you will not receive me. If anything, I believe 2012 will be the great rise of the antichrist, opinion not biblical. If he comes, great...I'm ready now and I'll be ready then. But I dont think he will.

momi

I am no expert - but I love eschatology!

I certainly believe we are near the end... but then again the early Christians did as well.

The activity in the Middle East definitely is intriguing... however I don't know nearly enough about it. Dr. David Jeremiah has published several sermon series and books on the subject...

Crown

Subscribing...

But I want to add :
Jesus said in Mat. 24:36 “But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven,[e] but My Father only.

Not the year!

blazingthru

And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring; Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken." Luke 21:25-26

Signs have been occuring one after the other, people are truly afraid, and the governments and politicians are at a loss for what to do about all of the problems. Yet at the same time multitudes are saying that everything has gone on as it always has. But this is not true, even the director of FEMA, James Lee Witt, has said that weather related disasters have been increasing.

"Natural Disasters are getting more frequent and more severe, Federal Emergency Management Agency Director James Lee Witt said Tuesday, preaching a gospel of preparation and prevention for Americans." by Associated Press Writer Randolph E. Schmid on Wednesday May 24-2000. And this was almost 10 years ago but if you didn't you should have seen the sun on Friday it was so bright we were almost blinded. and the double rainbows I was amazed and afraid I began to pray. I prayed until the sun was almost set.

blazingthru

FEAR, DISTRESS, PERPLEXITY among the Nations
"...upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring; Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth..." Luke 21:25-26 "The world as we know it is going under." (9-18-2008)

Sea and the wave roaring - Fulfilled Prophecy
"And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;" Luke 21:25

Ike, Worst to hit Texas in 50 years! - 20ft wall of water likely? (9-12-2008)
Hanna (8-30-2008)
Gustav "Mother of all Storms" Mayor orders Get OUT!(8-30-2008)
Fay (first storm in history to hit Florida 4 times - see graphics)(8-30-2008)

"Tornado Season Deadliest in a Decade"(5-12-2008)
"Cyclone death toll could reach 100,000 soon in Burma"(5-11-2008)
"Over 2,200 Die in Bangladesh Cyclone"(11-18-2007)
"One Million People Affected by Mexico Flood..."(11-2-2007)
"UK Official: Worst Floods In Modern History..."(7-23-2007) "Half of China on Flood Alert"(6-11-2007) "Tsunami Hits Solomons; 8 Reported Dead"(4-1-2007)

blazingthru

Reader's Poll

"Record Fires in California" on Heels of Gay Marriages (7-17-2008)

Fire Storm from Heaven: a few days after California puts its stamp of approval on homosexuality it suffers record breaking number of forest fires and choking smoke that were started by thousands of lightning strikes from the heavens.

Are these things related? View Fire Storm Poll
Please Read Lessons from Sodom and Gomorrah
Recent Signs of the End

Hundreds of Fires Start in Northern California after Storm (6-24-2008)

Is EVERYTHING SPINNING OUT OF CONTROL??? (6-21-2008)

Gay Marriages Start in CA (6-16-2008)

Perilous Times - Fulfilled Prophecy </STRONG>

"This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. for men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;" 2 Timothy 3:1-4

"Horrifying - Girls video tape their own ruthless attack on friend?"(4-7-2008)

"Deadliest shooting rampage in modern U.S. history"(4-16-2007)

blazingthru

Pestilences - Fulfilled Prophecy

"For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places. All these [are] the beginning of sorrows." Matthew 24:7-8

"Downer Cows Have Entered the Food Chain" (2-18-2008)

"One worry when an animal collapses is that it may have bovine spongiform encephalopathy (BSE), the infection known as "mad cow disease..."

Mystery Disease Gives Sensation Of 'Bugs Eating Skin' (1-18-2008)

"Beef Recall Expanded Millions of Pounds." (6-10-2007)

"Pandemic - California is out front in trying to prepare for disaster." (6-3-2007) "Superbugs Emerge Among Urban Poor" (5-28-2007)

Fires, Droughts, and Famines - Fulfilled Prophecy

"The seed is rotten under their clods, the garners are laid desolate, the barns are broken down; for the corn is withered. How do the beasts groan! the herds of cattle are perplexed, because they have no pasture; yea, the flocks of sheep are made desolate. O LORD, to thee will I cry: for the fire hath devoured the pastures of the wilderness, and the flame hath burned all the trees of the field. The beasts of the field cry also unto thee: for the rivers of waters are dried up, and the fire hath devoured the pastures of the wilderness. Blow ye the trumpet in Zion, and sound an alarm in my holy mountain: let all the inhabitants of the land tremble: for the day of the LORD cometh, for [it is] nigh at hand; " Joel 1:17-20, 2:1

"Rat Plague hits Bangladesh "(5-18-2008)

"World food stocks dwindling rapidly"(12-18-2007)

"Town Runs out of Water"(11-02-2007)

"California's Fires"(11-02-2007)

"Europe's Summer of Wild, Wild Weather...

Fires, Droughts and Floods Leave Wake of Destruction"(8-2-2007)

"The Wrath of 2007: America's Great Drought"(6-11-2007)

"For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places. All these [are] the beginning of sorrows." Matthew 24:7-8

Days of Noah and Lot- Fulfilled Prophecy

"And as it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man...Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot;... Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed." Luke 17:26-30

"We have created human-animal embryos already, say British team"(4-2-2008)

"Ethical storm as scientist becomes first man to clone HIMSELF"(1-18-2008)

"Scientists given green light to create human-animal embryos"(1-17-2008)

"Animal-human embryo research is approved" (1-17-2008)

"75% of Americans overweight by 2015" (7-19-2007)

"Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fulness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy. And they were haughty, and committed abomination before me: therefore I took them away as I saw [good]." Ezekiel 16:49-50

Earthquakes in Diverse Places - Fulfilled Prophecy

List of Earthquakes

"Two Large Quakes in Asia" (9-11-2008)

"China Fears Aftershocks after 8.0 Quake that killed Tens of Thousands "

(5-19-2008)

BeautifulFlower

Reader's Poll

"Record Fires in California" on Heels of Gay Marriages (7-17-2008)

Fire Storm from Heaven: a few days after California puts its stamp of approval on homosexuality it suffers record breaking number of forest fires and choking smoke that were started by thousands of lightning strikes from the heavens.

Wow thats interesting....

cutiepiebabygirl

This thread is interesting...I thought about end times this morning..when I saw this on Yahoo

Deadly quake strikes Italy

L'AQUILA, Italy – A powerful earthquake in mountainous central Italy knocked down whole blocks of buildings early Monday as residents slept, killing at least 91 people in the country's deadliest quake in nearly three decades. Tens of thousands were homeless and 1,500 were injured.

Renewed1

I'll come back and find the scripture and the news article. But I wanted to add, that in Revelation (I believe that's the book). That it spoke of Israel becoming a nation which happened in the 1950s and the bible talks that generation shall not past. The generation is the baby boomers and they are living longer lives now.

Also, God said that we wouldn't know the day or time. But I do believe we will know the year range.

Again, I will post scripture and news article tongiht.

hurricane

I love talking about the end times. There is a 2012 movement going on. It has to do with the Mayan calendar. Many think that this will be the end of the world. I do not know what is going to happen but don't be fooled. Jesus says, no man knows the day or the hour.

Many evil things going on. I watched the animal planet and there were video tapes of creatures living in the lakes of Oklahoma. Called the Oklahoma octopus. Many swimmers have come up missing and never resurfaced. This thing is said to be the size of a horse and has tentecles. The native americans have known about this for years. I believe that the bottomless pit has been opened and that we will see some things that are unexplainable.

blazingthru

I'll come back and find the scripture and the news article. But I wanted to add, that in Revelation (I believe that's the book). That it spoke of Israel becoming a nation which happened in the 1950s and the bible talks that generation shall not past. The generation is the baby boomers and they are living longer lives now.

Also, God said that we wouldn't know the day or time. But I do believe we will know the year range.

Again, I will post scripture and news article tongiht.
Wow now this I didn't know. I want to find out more.

taytay86

This thread is interesting...I thought about end times this morning..when I saw this on Yahoo

Deadly quake strikes Italy

L'AQUILA, Italy – A powerful earthquake in mountainous central Italy knocked down whole blocks of buildings early Monday as residents slept, killing at least 91 people in the country's deadliest quake in nearly three decades. Tens of thousands were homeless and 1,500 were injured.

Yes! This is true!!!

taytay86

There's too much to learn! I think the key is remembering to do your own research as I feel many false prophets will confuse many about end time signs! I say read revelations and try to understand it for yourself - Ask God to guide you and beware of false doctrine!!!

And another thing - why do you care what day, hour or year Jesus shall come?! Who says you will live that long?????? You must be prepared to go at any time! Remember the story of the Bridegroom and the women who didn't have any oil for their lamps and were left behind.

Ladies, let's focus on preparing ourselves and living our lives like it's our last - "He will come like a thief in the night!"

Last edited:

blazingthru

Well I must say I am very interested myself in the end times. As I am not totally aware of how to prepare, in Egypt the hebrews had certain instructions that they had to follow in order to survive the plaques. I am not sure I know how to survive the plaques that are going to begin to fall upon us, that are much horrible then the ones the egyptians suffered through. I am still researching and studying, I know the saved will be protected but again I am not certain about those things as I have not completed my studies so I think this is important. Of course I believe that the holy spirit will guide you through that time. I just want to make certain that I know what I should know and I think that is why the lord said to mediatate on his word day and night. To seal it in your heart. There will come a time where we will not be able to grab a bible or search the internet for the answer, it must be found in our hearts. So Thank you OP for helping me continue to focus strongly on the word of God.

hurricane

Well I must say I am very interested myself in the end times. As I am not totally aware of how to prepare, in Egypt the hebrews had certain instructions that they had to follow in order to survive the plaques. I am not sure I know how to survive the plaques that are going to begin to fall upon us, that are much horrible then the ones the egyptians suffered through. I am still researching and studying, I know the saved will be protected but again I am not certain about those things as I have not completed my studies so I think this is important. Of course I believe that the holy spirit will guide you through that time. I just want to make certain that I know what I should know and I think that is why the lord said to mediatate on his word day and night. To seal it in your heart. There will come a time where we will not be able to grab a bible or search the internet for the answer, it must be found in our hearts. So Thank you OP for helping me continue to focus strongly on the word of God.

The most important thing that you should know is:

John 15:4 Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine ( Jesus ), neither can you, unless you abide in me.

Do not fear what is going on or what is to come. He will lead you and guide you. I have been in situations where I have hesitated to go into a store and then when I did go in I just missed being held up. He is AWESOME beyond our understanding.

hurricane

I'm sorry but isn't the TBN symbol Satanic in nature?

Don't know, but that is what mystery babylon is about. Our dollar bill has satanic symbols, even the days of the week are named after Pagan gods. We are to be in the world but not of the world. Meaning that we don't worship money but use it for resources, ect. Love the conspiracy thread you started.

Aggie

Wow, thanks for so many great links in this thread, I love the topic too, by the way OP.

song_of_serenity

Bump for more discussion because this 2012 thing is becoming rampant. Now the tracts have it, people on trains saying "Jesus is coming 2012" A cabbie had the station on a Christian radio show tonight and the minister told a woman who called in for housing advice "I can't tell you what to do...after all, Christ will return in 2 years..."

I disagreed, mum did also, which started a "debate" of sorts with the cabbie. I asked him SHOW me the scriptures that support it. He couldn't. Yet he said the scripture where Jesus says no man knows the hour is only one and we can't take it and run with it. But then where is YOUR support of the rest?

Man...however, the bible does say people will say "Christ is here" or there and the like...*sigh* With all the forcing of buying flat screens and changing to digital, less money, more card usage, earthquakes, sign of the times, etc...I know the end is near, but to put a pin point date? Psh. God is God alone and HE does things in HIS own time. I know about the Myan calender but how did it get wrapped up in Christianity?

hurricane

Bump for more discussion because this 2012 thing is becoming rampant. Now the tracts have it, people on trains saying "Jesus is coming 2012" A cabbie had the station on a Christian radio show tonight and the minister told a woman who called in for housing advice "I can't tell you what to do...after all, Christ will return in 2 years..."

I disagreed, mum did also, which started a "debate" of sorts with the cabbie. I asked him SHOW me the scriptures that support it. He couldn't. Yet he said the scripture where Jesus says no man knows the hour is only one and we can't take it and run with it. But then where is YOUR support of the rest?

Man...however, the bible does say people will say "Christ is here" or there and the like...*sigh* With all the forcing of buying flat screens and changing to digital, less money, more card usage, earthquakes, sign of the times, etc...I know the end is near, but to put a pin point date? Psh. God is God alone and HE does things in HIS own time. I know about the Myan calender but how did it get wrapped up in Christianity?

Hold on to your Bible. The mayan calendar is not wrapped up in the Christian faith. It is a plot from the enemy to mix the two. You are right in not believing that Jesus is returning in 2 years. No man knows the hour, only the Father.

Jesus says that an evil generation seeks after signs. We do not seek after signs but we are aware of the signs of the times. We live by the Word of God, which will take us through.

Crown

Many will die, naturally or accidentally, before 2012 or other date.
It's better to focus on Jesus-Christ, to read and study the Word.

Acts 17:10 And the brethren immediately sent away Paul and Silas by night unto Berea: who coming thither went into the synagogue of the Jews. 17:11These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.