Any Fine Haired Ladies get ZERO Breakage?

bablou00

I have very fine strands and I learned the hard way a few months back when I was detangling w/ a comb. I no longer comb my hair period unless I rollerset and that is once a week maybe. I found this has helped curb my breakage a lot. I have the occasional breakage but I keep the combs out of my hair and I have not had excessive breakage sense.

Last edited:

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
douglala said:
Thanks. I know I need to do this too but somethimes I just have the urge to run the comb through my hair...can't explain the urge though:lol:
I really only see breakage when I shampoo.....there's just something about that shampooing. Other than that I'm ok.

Missi

My hair is pretty strong and healthy: despite the occasional breakages: i'm gonna give henna a try: maybe that will lower my shedding and breakage when my hair is being manipulated (combing, braiding, etc) in any way.

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
Now that I have the dryness under control, thanks to Aveda and ORS Lye Relaxer, I need to cut down on manipulation. I think I'm going to give rollersetting a break for the summer. Instead, I'll let airdry for about 80%, the do a two-strand braid-out instead. I'd wear the braid-out for about 2 days, then it's back in this dreaded bun. The things we do in the name of hair...urgh...

nysister

I don't have breakage, but I don't use heat or combs. Either of those are guaranteed to make sure I have a lot of split or choppy.

About every 2 months I'll detangle with a wide tooth comb, in the shower with a ton of conditioner in my hair, other than that I just use my fingers.

Dominican09

nysister,
If I was to do that, I would have so much hair in the tub!! and when I see a lot of hair, I panic!
I have to comb at least twice per week :sad: