Any fine-med 4a/4b relaxed daily co-washers out there (current or former)?

NoNapNique

I have been practicing healthy haircare for over a year, including no heat... My hair doesn't break at the ends as much anymore... Instead it is breaking close to the root, which is even WORSE than the ends breaking! So I figured it HAS to be from dryness since I no longer use heat... I should have BEEN at full brastrap by now, and I am getting frustrated because the middle suffers the worst and it is very visible when I wear my hair down... It is a pitiful "W" shape, with the sides touching my brastrap.

Will daily co-washes (with low manipulation) help with my problem? How has your hair responded to daily co-washes and how often to you co-wash?

navsegda

Well, I know when I stopped using heat my hair started breaking more. I generally do co-washes once a week and full washes + deep conditioning once a week, but for the past week I've done CWCs earlier in the week and then a full wash later on in the week. If you're gonna co-wash everyday and you need strength, I'd try the Garnier Length and Strength Fortifying Cream Conditioner. I use it and it works wonders. I also use Amla Lite oil and I've always heard Amla is good for strengthening the hair, especially from the roots. So far, I think that's about right.