Any ladies with locs?

InNeedofHairapy

Can you start locs with comb coils, or even just by twisting your hair from root to tip?

I'm not firm on my decision to loc, but I've been wearing my hair in little coils and I love the look.....I'm thinking it would be a cute style to wear while waiting for my hair to loc (if I went that route)

Do I have to wear two strand twists or braids while waiting for my hair to loc?

Twisties

I don't have locs, but have really really considered it. Especially Sisterlocs.

You can start them with:

Comb Coils
Two strand twists
Braids
with a tool (sisterlocks)

People choose different methods based on their hair type or the look they want. I have considred the tiny braids because I want to be able to wash it immediately and I don't want the unravelling that hapens with twists or comb coils.

Katt73

You can start with comb coils or finger twists. There's no need to use two-strand twists or braids. And you don't need to use beeswax or gel or any other gunk some folks will try to make you use!

That said, I'm seriously 4B, so it wasn't hard at all for my hair to loc:ohwell:. I don't know how comb twists would work for someone with a different hair type.

Twisties

There's also another haircare site called Nappturality that has a entire section dedicated to the disucssion locs and methods of starting. Maybe you can visit there and get more help. They have a section called starting locs etc. and a breakdown of how the different methods work.

Good luck with your decision.

remilaku

You can start your hair with comb coils if you want. I started with braids and I loved that the first week, I could wash my hair 4x.