Any members here still using Bargello's regimen?

Sindeee

Any members here still using Bargello\'s regimen?

If so, what have been your results thus far?

For me, I had to alter it a little. I no longer take MSM nor do I take the EPO. I felt it was not doing anything for me health OR growth-wise. As for the <font color="red">Ultra-Nourish Hair</font color>, this is a very good product and whenever I stop taking in all these vitamins I'll continue to use the UNH and Biotin alone.

Sindeee

Kitkat

Re: Any members here still using Bargello\'s regimen?

<font color="purple"> Hi Sindeee. I take MSM, Silica, and GNC Ultra Nourishair. I know that this doesn't include everything in the regime such as EPO, flax seed oil, and other vits. I don't know whether it's my imagination, but with the exception of my ends my hair seems to have more shine to it. Of course, it could be a combination of things: the vits, the hair oils and cremes that I use, and the fact that I wash my hair more frequently. Before joining this board, I washed my hair once a week, and sometimes let it stretch to almost 2 weeks. Now, I wash it 2x/week. My ends always seem to be dry, so I try to keep them pretty moisturized.

Aside from the shine, I'm having a hard time figuring out whether these vitamins are helping. I'm sure that they don't hurt, so I will continue to take them. I haven't noticed any increase in growth. I wish that I was in touch with my hair on that level like so many of the ladies here.

I have a question for you: how did you distinguish specifically that the MSM and EPO weren't working, versus other vits that you were taking? </font color>

H

HoneyRockette

BUMP!

Good question. I have always wondered how people who take several vitamins pinpoint what is doing what. That (and my sheer laziness) has stopped me from doing Bargello's Regimen. If I don't see results after four months, I won't know why.

Sindeee

Hi Kitkat,

The only thing I noticed about the MSM was that it gave me sharp &amp; bad chest pains. As soon as I discontinued usage, the pain went away. Maybe I was ingesting excess amounts of it, I don't know but 1,500mg per day is a lot. Now I only use the MSM that is contained in the UNH.

As for the EPO, it made my boobs more sensitive &amp; fuller. I don't need them to be any fuller than they already are.

More so for health reasons than growth reasons, those are my reasons for the discontinued usage of the two. I'm still getting anywhere from 1/2" to 1" per month without them anyway.

Sindeee

free2bme

I'm still on bargello's progam, tweaked to my needs. I know the vitamins are working b/c this is not the first time i've grown my hair out and the quality of hair that I get post vitamins is much healthier and vibrant. The vits won't make you get waist length hair overnite but lets your hair be the best it can be.

I continue with the EPO &amp; Flaxseed b/c of it's general health benefits. i find that my hair is generally less dry now.(It raises your good cholesterol and lowers the bad type /images/graemlins/smile.gif)

I stopped taking MSM for a few months but stared taking it again due to Amethyst's rave reveiws. One more thing not all brands of vits are created equally. Some are definately better than others.

Happy Growing /images/graemlins/cool.gif<font color="brown"> </font color>

H

HoneyRockette

HEY! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif I could use a little more cleavage, (for I have none. /images/graemlins/frown.gif). I think I'll buy some EPO. How much did you take?

Sindeee

I was taking Solgar's Evening Primrose Oil, 1300 mg @ 1 per day.

I agree with the earlier post, not all brands are created equally. I feel that one of the best brands out there is Solgar. It costs a few dollars more but it's definitely worth it!

Coming in at a close 2nd is Puritan's Pride. Their Biotin works excellent and it's also dirt cheap.

Sindeee

G

I'm still taking it and it's been just a few months shy of year that I started. I notice my scalp isn't as dry and my new growth is much more managable. I think that my hair is responding well. I get these growth spurts at times. I'm going thru one now!!! Praise the Lord!
I only take one dosage though in the morning, (well, most mornings, I get forgetful at times /images/graemlins/smirk.gif). But I got tired of taking it twice a day b/c I started to feel like a patient!

nita4

I take everything except the Silica (sp?) and the Ultra-Nourish Hair. I think the MSM is helping me to retain my hair - I loose very little and I have mega outgrowth. I love the EPO for my skin and nails and thinking about increasing that. Not to mention, I think I'm perimenopausal /images/graemlins/shocked.gif so it has helped with that. Growth wise, I think it's helping. But let you know in 6 months. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

TBC72

I'm using the bargello's regimen with some modifications. I haven't notice any diffrence in my hair yet. May be when I take the braids out, I'll notice some change. These pills are killing me!! I have no choice but to take them since I spent over 50 bucks . I hope I get my money's worth!!! Happy hair growning.

Honey Vibe

The Good Physician

Is Bargello's regimen a faster hair growth formula, or healthy hair growth formula? Tell me about the system.

hairfanatic

Hi Sindee,

I was doing Bargello's regimen but hadn't taken any vitamins in over six months. It was way too many vitamins and some days I would remember to take them and some days I wouldn't. I will start again and will take the rest until they run out, then reduce to just the vitamin E, Ultra nourish hair, and biotin.

Ebony

Hi, Sindee. Yes, I am still using the Bargello's regimen also, except for silica. I've always taken 1 hair vit, biotin, vit C &amp; a multi throughout most of my 20's. In january 2003, it will be a year on Bargello's regimen. I did kind of skimp out and get lazy between May &amp; June. I just realized while reading the posts to this that i've been out of flaxseed oil for over a month and forgot cuz i've been in &amp; out of town. it has grown sooo much more than usual /images/graemlins/grin.gif. i believe it's because of the regimen. i really needed to go to brooklyn to get it tightened after 4 wks which was late sept. for years my norm has been after 6 wks. i got lazy and didn't get it tightened on time /images/graemlins/crazy.gif, so it's grown in twice as much /images/graemlins/shocked.gif! my appt. is manana! i'll give you guys a report when the weave comes out next month.

skegeesmb

I use Bargello's routine. I've been using since I joined longhairlovers in late 99. I've modified it a bit. I've added Marylin's 4hair, and I've added GNC Amino Acids. My vitamin routine is a cross between Bargello's and HF37. I took HF37 but I had to stop because of the side effects I had.

I also take 10mg of Biotin, and 1mg of Evening Primrose Oil, and 1mg of Flaxseed Oil. I have eczema and upping these two dosages have cut down on the irritation I usually have.

I get between .75-1inch of hair growth every month, and haven't had serious side effects yet.

LondonDiva

Am I reading correctly that you take 1mg of EPO and FSO daily. Or is that a typo.?

sassygirl125

Professional PJ

I'm LOL at Caramela's comment on 'looking like a patient". My kitchen counter looks like a pharmacy. When I go out of town, I need a seperate bag for my "meds". /images/graemlins/grin.gif Since I started (in June, I think...) my new growth is strong and shiny. It's a lot softer, too. The hair that was already on my head seems more managable, but that is probably due to the products I put on my hair. I don't know how fast my hair grew before, but I seem to be getting 1/2" to 1" per month. And it's stronger and healthier than before.
When I can remember to take my vitamins /images/graemlins/grin.gif, this is what my regimen looks like: 2 GNC Ultra Nourishair, 2 Hairtopia Herbal Plus capsules ( or 2 HG37 Herbal Booster tabs), 2 GNC Women’s Ultra Mega tablets, 5 mg (5000 mcg) of Vitamin Shoppe brand biotin, 1/2 tsp. of Vitamin Shoppe MSM Powder, 1 tsp. of Carlson Amino Blend (powder), 3 Solgar Vegetal Silica capsules, 1 Nature's Plus Ultra EPO 1500 and 2 tsp. Barleans Essential Woman (for EFA's).

LuvableLady

Surprisingly enough, I’ve been doing this entire regime for 8 complete days now and I have been taking Ultranourishair for about 5 weeks now.

Before this, I was the type of person who never took pills of any kind and that goes for prescription and nonprescription, I never could stomach pills so I opted for nothing my entire life. I’ve been blessed to have never needed to take anything.

Now, not only am I thinking these vitamins, I’ve also added additional types of vitamins and I take 13 pills each morning (7 of which are part of this regime) and 4 at night with a protein shake. I have not had any problems taking them and I am shocked. I either do it all the way or no way. I figured if I’m going to take vitamins, I may as well take everything I need, or feel that I need. I am kind of proud of myself.

BTW, who is this Bargello person? I tried to find a picture or something more on her and came up empty, all I got was the vitamin regime.

skegeesmb

Yup you are reading it correctly 1mg (1000mcg). It helps with my eczema.

simone103

I have been on the Bargello regimen for approximately 4 weeks. This is going to sound strange, but I think the regimen is messing with my menstrual cycle. My period always comes on time and never skips a beat, but this time it's late. There's no way that I'm pregnant....believe me. I can't pinpoint which vitamins are doing this, but I have a feeling it could be the evening primrose oil or the flaxseed oil. Has anyone else experienced this? Because now I'm starting to get scared.

skegeesmb

If you go to longhaircarelovers.com, some women did report that their cycles were off. I can't remember exactly which vitamins did it, but I do know that they isolated the vitamin usage until they could distinguish what was giving them problems. You might want to stop taking the epo and fso to see if that's the case.

Monicurl

Hi /images/graemlins/smile.gif. I posted about this a very ong time ago on the old board, but it's the MSM that is throwing you off. For some ladies it has a hormonal side effect as it did in my case. Once I stopped taking it, my cycles returned to normal. I cannot even take a small ammount of it without going off sync. If you are hormonally sensitive, it will change your cycles.

Tracy

I have been on and off of a modified version of this regime for abour a year and a half. I haven't been consistent enough to see any results beyond improvements in texture and shine. No increase in growth rate yet for me. But I just ordered from the Vitamin Shoppe the things I've identified that I think help the most and I'll be taking those consistently while waiting to get my next retouch and then again (because I'll have them on hand) daily WITHOUT FAIL between my next retouch and the following one. So I'm looking to take them conistently for the next 3-4 months to really get a good gauge of whether it helps my growth rate. I can;t take EFA's (tho I wish I could) because they wreak havoc on my skin. The calcium is uneccessary for me I get plenty in my diet so my tweaked regime only includes:

A hair vitamin (Vitol Great hair as opposed to the GNC UNH - those were just to big for me and I like the Vitol forumulation better), Biotion (I take anywhere from 8-10 mgs.), Pantothenic Acid (which she doesn't sinlge out in her regime), and Silica. I take those because they target the issues I want to address - growth, thickness and shine.

I'll post in early spring whether I'm seeing imrproved growth rate results with consistent use.

Lucia

I take a modified Bargello's, I can't take that many pills either. But I've gotten consistent growth and more length in a shorter time, also my hair is thick throughout from roots to ends, b/c I've been consistent for a year now with the vitamins I know what my hair was doing before the vitamins and now with them.
hth
Vit.Regime:
Day 1: HF 37 1 stp 1, 2-4 stp 2,vivscal,biotin 600mcg, vit C, folic acid, liq geritol complete, liq B12
Day 2: Shou wu, biotin 600mcg, flax seed oil caps, viviscal, vit C, liq geritol, liq B12
Day 3: Vit C,E, calcium, liq geritol, liq B12, algae caps, vivscal
Day 4: Nothing, lots of water like vitamin days then start over, vit A &amp; D once a week only, msm 2-3 times a week.

Ennyaa

Hi Lucia,

I noticed that you are on a similar regimen to me although I only started a little while ago. I wanted to ask your opnion of the viviscal. Has it really increased your growth? As my signature says I'm thinking of adding it but wonder if it's worth the $40+ dollars a month.

Oh by the way I was browsing through the Puritans Pride catalog that came with the Biotin I ordered and I saw that they have an Amino Acid complex that has EVERYTHING that's in HF37 Step 2 in larger amounts AND in only 3 pills a day instead of 6. I'm gonna do a price comparison soon to see if my next order will be from them.

Sindeee

I forgot to add that I do not take any vitamins on the weekends. My body needs some time to rests from all the pill taking and I think the weekend is the perfect time.

Another question... Those on the BR (or modified,) about how many inches do you think you are getting per month? I think I'm getting anywhere from 1/2" to 1" per month. I think that is pretty good considering when I was not taking anything I was getting 3/4" of an inch per month. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

<font color="red">S</font color><font color="purple">I</font color> <font color="orange">N</font color><font color="green">D</font color><font color="pink">E </font color> <font color="blue">E</font color><font color="yellow">E</font color>

skegeesmb

I usually get about an inch a month. Sometimes though I get just under an inch. I went to the hairdressor last week and she commented on how much my hair has grown since I last saw her, and that was the middle of October.

ART11

I used that vitamin regimen for over a year and although my hair did indeed thrive, in August I was stricken with kidney stones. I have never had any previous kidney trouble and these chronic stones make me wonder if it wasn't due to some sort of problem with the vitamins. I think the two are connected but I can't prove it for sure. The doc thinks it may be pregnancy related but I haven't had any stones with my previous 3 pregnancies so that's my theory and I'm sticking with it.

heather06

i know this is a really old thread but i wanted to ask if anyone else has experienced blurred vision from excessive vitamin intake? lately i've been getting this even with my contacts. i've heard that too much of some vitamins (like vitamin A) can cause this. anyone have opinions on this problem? i hate to admit it, but i dont want to give up my vitamins even though i may have to.