Any Naturals Wake Up W/Moisturized Hair?

I'm not fully natural yet, but might as well be at 9 months post. I rebraid every night and use S-curl No Drip then wrap it up with a satin scarf. After two or three nights of doing this, I don't really need to apply any kind of moisturizer to my hair until my next wash, I just apply some Vatika oil once I reach that point. I just recently started using Sta-Sof-Fro and I like it as well, it smells better to me and really softens my hair. HTH!

Great thread! I sometimes wake up with dry hair as well. I'm definitely going to give baggying a try. Thanks for starting this thread OP!

Hmmm, you may have porous hair. Why don't you try the Roux porosity control or rinsing with ACv?

I'd definitely give this a try. Sally's usually has the trial size for about $2.00. It's a simple step, but it goes a long way towards retaining moisture.

I'm a 4a/b natural, and I have to moisturize no more than once a week. I spray my hair with my mixture of rosewater and glycerin, then apply my unrefined shea butter whipped with coconut oil. I'll moisturize twice a week if I want more shine, but I don't have to.

Yup rosewater is what sorted my dryness issues. I have a simple mix of rosewater and castor oil that I use before retwisting or rebraiding my hair every night. My hair never been this soft in my life, even relaxed am pretty sure my hair never looked this silky.

I moisturize at night and wake up with moisturized hair because after I moisturize and seal, I will make one fat braid or twist. My hair is drier in the morning if I leave my hair out.

The only product that makes my hair moisturized all the time is KCCC! I'm :mad:it's too pricey.
I hate it for the look of my curls but for buns,braidouts and twistouts my hair is lovely for days! I just hate to pay 25.00 for it. You don't have to use alot though.:perplexed:

I cowash alot and wear my hair in twists. I use Rusk Deep Shine conditioner and this keeps my hair moisturized. As well as sealing with coconut oil/shea butter right after cowashing.

I co wash every other day and usually bun at night and wake up with moisturized hair.

I also sleep on a satin pillowcase and that helps too.

is there a good online source for rose water? I checked my local health food store and I thought the price was a lot higher than it needed to be.

Yep. I put a little Wild Growth Oil on my ends and put my hair in 4-6 bantu knots.

A plastic cap is probably a cheaper alternative, I just don't like the crackly sound all night.

THANK YOU!!!! :drunk: Im glad somebody finally said it, i was beginning to think i was doing something wrong :ohwell:

Plus, all the crackling is disturbing to DH...

as for the original question, i just moisturize in the morning...nothing has helped to keep my moisture overnight - not wraps, bonnets or scarfs....the plastic bag works, but its too loud :nono:

my hair is soft for days with any of the following:
kbb hair milk
kbb hair milk plus shea and/or evoo,evco to seal
afroveda hair butter
afroveda hair butter plus shea and/or evoo,evco to seal

it just depends on what i feel my hair needs most of the time i can get away with just a water based moisturizer a few times a week and oil or butter on the last 2-3 inches of my hair and around the edges. I sleep with a satin scarf always and have never tried the baggy method. I have never co-washed ,don't dc, put do pre-poos at every wash (every 5-7 days). I do a hardcore protein treatment once a month (komaza care) and get dustings btw 2-4 a year if neeeded. I ps with wigs so my hair is not exposed so maybe that helps.

Last edited:
THANK YOU!!!! :drunk: Im glad somebody finally said it, i was beginning to think i was doing something wrong :ohwell:

Plus, all the crackling is disturbing to DH...

as for the original question, i just moisturize in the morning...nothing has helped to keep my moisture overnight - not wraps, bonnets or scarfs....the plastic bag works, but its too loud :nono:

Instead of a cap or bag, use Saran wrap. It'll be firmly against your head so no noise. You can then wear a stocking cap over it.

I co wash every other day and usually bun at night and wake up with moisturized hair.

I also sleep on a satin pillowcase and that helps too.

Me, too.:yep:

I also use either Qhemet Biologics Burdock Root Cream or the Amla & Olive Heavy Cream, which has worked wonders; my hair stays soft, shiny and moisturized for days.

Instead of a cap or bag, use Saran wrap. It'll be firmly against your head so no noise. You can then wear a stocking cap over it.

Yep or you can use the plastic bags with a satin/silk scarf over it. If the bag covers your edges and all you don't have to be as concerned with friction by tying it a little tighter. (Plus it quiets the bag)

I co-wash or rinse at night, use a leave-in and seal. I braid or twist my hair and wrap it with a silk scarf. I always wake up with moisturized hair. However, I was in Chicago and used what my mom had there and it worked like a charm, so I may give away my cream and liquid leave-ins and just co-wash, moisturize with Africa's Best Organics rosemary and horsetail and seal with shea butter. It left my hair feeling like butter.

Last edited:
Back