Any products/remedies to straighten front edges on a natural 4b?

Hi everyone - I am natural 4b who straightens my hair most of the time. But the front part with smaller hairs - seems to never stay straight for a long time (nappy) - looks different than the rest of my straightened hair. I just wanted to know if there was anything I could use to straighten the front edges that isn't a perm or relaxer?

Ive used the molasses treatment - but it only temporarily straightened the front and now the front is currently looking nappy... :ohwell:

AtlantaJJ

There some wax based hair molding products on the market that would work if used after the edges are straighted. Gel has water so that would cause the edges to revert. Aveda Brilliant used to work pretty good.

krikit96

Please let us know if you find something that works! As a 4a/b I really need to find something myself!!! :grin: It would sho help us stretch our perms a bit longer!!!

I can't see how just tying a scarf on my head overnight is supposed to keep my edges down ALL DAY LONG @ work and withstand the wind from my car window... (Gas is $4.09, and I will NOT be running the a/c anytime soon!):lachen::lachen::drunk::drunk:

LongCurlyLocks

Well my hair is natural and I don't straighten much, but like every two months I put perm just on the edges in the front and back. THE EDGES ONLY!! I let it sit like five minutes or so. It helps pretty good when I straighten and it looks more silky when I am curly and put gel in my hair. Hope this helps.

AtlantaJJ

try a hot comb with an anti humectant product i think aveda has one
Aveda Brilliant Anti-Humectant Pomade

Finishing Pomade with Rice Bran. People Tested.
Aveda's Own Pure-Fume™ Aroma with Jasmine, Rose and Other Pure Flower and Plant Essences.
For question or additional information call within the USA 1-800-328-0849
Made in the USA

Directions
Apply a small amount to palms and rub together to emulsify. Apply evenly through dry hair to define and add satin finish. Glide fingertips over areas where you want to create piece-y definition and eliminate flyaways.
Ingredients

Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Isopropyl Palmitate, C18 38 Acid Triglyceride (Mixed Plant (Melange de Plantes)), Bio-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate 1 (Source: Coconut (Noix de Coco)), Bis Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate 2 (Mixed Plant (Melange de Plantes)), Castor Oil (Ricinus Communis), Phenyl Trimethicone (Silica (Silice)), Cyclomethicone, Fragrance (Parfum), Glyceryl Laurate (Mixed Plant (Melange de Plantes)), Rice Bran Oil (Oryza Sativa)

I'll be using this when I straighten my hair on my edges, it works.

Ms Lala

I use curl wax ( i know it's not that healthy for the hair) and go over it w/a curling iron or brush and tie it down.