HELP/THIN HAIR/ENDS

berry87

Hi ladies i need some advice on my thin hair /ends. In the past i never had see through hair but its now a major problem! I wash 1x-2x a week alternating with a conditoner wash. And i deep conditioner after each . I haven't had a protien treatment in about 6 weeks because i ran out of emergencee. Most of the bbs are not selling te small bottles n e more so i have to save for the large one$45.99:eek: lol.My hair isn't breaking, i shed about 10 or so strands a day but i hate seeing thin hair/ends. Do u think i should do a protien treatment ever 1-2 weeks ? My NG is thick but overall my hair looks like little shoe laces:lachen: Help! I have 5 months until my 1 yr anniversary n i wanna have some thick strands!

You can now find small bottles of emergencee at Rite Aid, Walmart, supermarkets, all kinds of places!! I do a strong protein streatment like Emergencee every 2 or 3 weeks depending on the condition of my hair and I do a lighter protein treatment like Keraphix nearly every wash, but that's ust because my hair craves protein and I went a little overboard with my Humecto infatuation and I was deep conditioning with every wash and my hair got over moisturized and globby and mushy and started breaking:ohwell: .

"You can now find small bottles of emergencee at Rite Aid, Walmart, supermarkets, all kinds of places!! "

Gurl i'm * out to the store**:driver: lol Maybe i will upt my treatment every 2 weeks and deep conditon 1x a week instead of 2! thanks SoHo!

how are you styling your hair? Is your hair at a length now where its starting to rub and graze your shoulders? How heat heavy is your current regimen? Also, if you are a relaxer stretcher, sometimes this can make your ends appear thinner than they truly are.

also for your protein, if you can't get your hands on a certain product-- you can try your own homemade treatment with kitchen ingredients like eggs, mayo, etc to hold you off until you can get what you really want. That way, your hair still gets the protein you need in the meantime. I just take an egg or two, mix it in a bowl with 1/4 cup of mayo, 1/2 cup of a cheapie conditioner, 2-3 tbsp of honey and olive oil and allow it to sit for 15-20 mins. When I do it, I don't actually measure everything out-- just whip it up with what looks good.:lol: Then rinse it with cool water. This gives you a temporary boost of protein.

Hey Sista!

I wear my hair in a anorexic pony :lachen: with my ends tucked in ! my hair isnt grazing my clothes or n e thing yet(maybe by next touch up). As for heat i only use my hood dryer or heating cap for deep conditons. I dont own any other heat appliances. I stretch my relaxer ever 10-12 weeks, i'm currently 4 1/2 weeks post.

If i cant get the reconstructer i'll try your recipe :up: Thanks Sista!

Before LHCF, I've always had the thin ends problem, which is why stylists would always chop my hair off. I RARELY trim now a days. and my ends are thick...check out my fotki to see before and after. n e ways... are you moisturizing your ends daily? i think this is the reason why i retain my ends (and using a good protein trtmnt monthly) I use UBH dew spray or UBH creme moisturizer. both are very light and airy, doesn't contain mineral or petrolatum... they work very well for me. I use Emergencee as well. or if u can't get your hands on it...buy a small bottle of aphogee, and use it carefully....

HI Mizani_Mrs :clap:

I moistuize 2x a day with ubh moisturizer, mango butter , or Proefectiv. I had a 1/2 inch trim my last realxer a little over 4 weeks now and my ends are even. Its just that u can see through them:ohwell:I want my old thick hair back lol. I think the problem is the protien i need to be consistant every 2 weeks for a few months then every 4 weeks after that when my hair get healthier. Thanks!

BTW Your hair is lovely:D

berry87 said:
Hi ladies i need some advice on my thin hair /ends. In the past i never had see through hair but its now a major problem! I wash 1x-2x a week alternating with a conditoner wash. And i deep conditioner after each . I haven't had a protien treatment in about 6 weeks because i ran out of emergencee. Most of the bbs are not selling te small bottles n e more so i have to save for the large one$45.99:eek: lol.My hair isn't breaking, i shed about 10 or so strands a day but i hate seeing thin hair/ends. Do u think i should do a protien treatment ever 1-2 weeks ? My NG is thick but overall my hair looks like little shoe laces:lachen: Help! I have 5 months until my 1 yr anniversary n i wanna have some thick strands!

Have you tried a reconstructor? The Aphogee 2min Reconstructor is great for strength and elasticity and much more economical than the Emergencee. I could not justify spending nearly £40 for a bottle. With this Reconstructor which is not heavy duty, you can use it every week or weekly until you are happy with the results. I find that combing or brushing my hair while damp has cut down on breakage and my shredding is barely noticeable. The result on my hair is that it is getting thicker, but ultimately I will have to cut/trim my ends.

MeechUK

Back