The BENEFITS of Total Surrender

brownsugarflyygirl

Psalms 103: 1-2 Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name. Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits

I woke up this morning and in my Spirit, I kept hearing the Lord is my Sheppard, I shall not want. Now, I quoted Psalms 23, dozens of times but somehow this first verse had a new resonation in my spirit. The Lord is my Sheppard, I shall not want. I shall not want. If the Lord is my Sheppard, I shall not want. I kept saying it to myself and then it clicked. Wow! THE LORD IS MY SHEPPARD….I SHALL NOT WANT. Period. What an amazing and powerful truth!

Let me explain. Who is the Lord? He is my Sheppard. What does a Sheppard do? Well a Sheppard leads, guides, protects, and provides….so what does a sheep have to do…nothing…just follow. Does a sheep go ahead of the Sheppard and try to figure out the path? No. Does the sheep have to be concerned whether or not he will eat or drink each day? No…because the Sheppard does that for him. Every need that a sheep could ever possibly have, the Sheppard anticipates it AND takes care of it. Let me repeat that. The Sheppard anticipates it AND takes care of it. Isaiah 65:24 says “And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear.” He not only fulfills the needs, he ANTICIPATES the need. That is so powerful!

So you mean to tell me that when we are following Christ, when we are His elect seed, when we are His people, we don’t have to want anything because God anticipates it and provides it? Yes! I don’t know about you, but that makes me excited! If I am concerned about simply following Christ, then I don’t even have to want for anything. Psalms 34:9-10 says “O fear the LORD, ye his saints: for there is no want to them that fear him. The young lions do lack, and suffer hunger: but they that seek the LORD shall not want any good thing.”

So the word of God is telling me that if I simply follow Christ, if I put my complete trust and faith in Him alone, then everything I need or want will be taken care of. That is a reason to rejoice. Praise God! The amazing thing is that his word says it over and over.

Matthew 6: 31-33 Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things. But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Phillipians 4:19 But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus

Psalms 37:4-5 Delight thyself also in the LORD: and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart. Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.

If we will just mind the business of the Lord, if we will just follow after Him, then we wont even have to worry about our own needs, because they will be taken care of.
Its not about prosperity…its about FAITH and TRUST. When we follow God without question, without hesitance, with complete surrender and obedience, the way that a sheep does a Sheppard then we don’t have to worry about a thing! Praise God! What a wonderful God we serve! I am talking about following God with the complete abandon that I talked about in my post, A Place of Total Surrender. Half-stepping, half-hearted trust wont get you there…if you are wondering why things aren’t the way you would like them to be, why you have bills that are unpaid, unhealthy relationships, sickness in your body, dreams unfilled, goals unreached, etc. take a moment and ask yourself….Is God truly My Sheppard?

The word of God is true…if He is your Sheppard….You will not want! Praise God! That’s the benefit of total surrender.

My Prayer: Lord, I thank you today that you have given us clear direction and instruction in your word. I thank you that you have chosen to be a Lord that meets every single need of your people. Lord, we know that you meeting our needs is conditional and that we are required to follow you with abandon. Your word commands us in Mark 12:30 that we are to love you with all our soul, all our mind, and all our strength. Help us today, to live for you in that way. Help us to trust you completely and totally. Help us to surrender our lives daily to you. Help us to have faith in the paths that you have directed us to travel. In Psalms 34:8 you instruct us that if we commit our way to you then you will give us the desires of our heart. We ask that you soften our hearts so that we can surrender completely and truly to you. We thank you that you are Lord of our lives. Continue to bring divine revelation and discernment into our hearts and Spirits that we may follow you and nothing else. Lord, we know that your ways our perfect and holy; help us to be like you. We don’t want to serve you for your benefits but we do appreciate the fact that you reward those that diligently seek you. Help us to be diligent…help us to run and not be weary…help us to faint not….help us to please you with our lives, our thoughts, and actions. We thank you Lord…and we give you the praise and the honor. We our excited to see how the words of this prayer will manifest in our lives. We know that it will change things for your Word says the fervent and effectual prayer of the righteous availeth much. We give you all the praise, and all the glory. Amen.

Mocha5

Beautifull!!!:yep::yep::yep: He IS my Shepherd. I SHALL NOT want!!! The revelation He gave you is AWESOME! He's amazing. :grin:

crlsweetie912

WOW!
Mocha you were right. Lord I hear you!
This is the third confirmation for me today that my NEEDS are covered. Thank you Lord.
I can't wait to print this out for study.
Thank you for sharing BSFG!

Kiadodie

YOu know...God bless you cause i needed to hear this today. I've been praying for something I've really wanted but to be honest, in my heart I felt it wasn't what I needed and my focus was wrong. I have been totally focused on what I've been wanting but God has been trying to tell me exactly what you posted, to trust him ALONE and SEEK him and He will give me the things that I need in my life.
I've been focusing on the wrong thing :nono:. That's why I never felt peace about it.
As you see from my post below, I've been praying for and seeking love in my life and all it's brought me is misery. :nono:
Again, thank you for the post and for the scriptures...these are the scriptures I've been looking for. :yep: