Anyone else feel like wearing Protective styles till the holiday season?

WhipEffectz1

I am so tired of being worried with my hair. I just feel like wigging it until a week or so before Christmas. I want to wear a wig because I can take it off and wash my hair better than if I had a weave. I also can moisturize, oil, and baggie. Anyone else feeling this way?

Healthb4Length

Sounds like a great idea. I'm HYH until July but after that I think I may rock a wig or full weave (short style) for the summer.

WhipEffectz1

Yeah, I just lose my high after about 2 weeks of wearing it out. I don't want to be bothered or see it unitl for a couple months.

sunnydaze

Alli77 said:
Sounds like a great idea. I'm HYH until July but after that I think I may rock a wig or full weave (short style) for the summer.

Ditto to the whole post. .except that I am thinking of getting a full weave as well for the summer and b/c I would like to transition to natural.

Proudpiscean

I am. I plan to wear protective styles until I reach my goal of midback. Then, I'll wear it down on the weekends only.

Lavendar

amr501 said:
I am. I plan to wear protective styles until I reach my goal of midback. Then, I'll wear it down on the weekends only.

Girl you just reading my mind....all up in my head...I guess maybe cause we're both Pisces!:lol:

autumnbeauty29

WhipEffectz1 said:
I am so tired of being worried with my hair. I just feel like wigging it until a week or so before Christmas. I want to wear a wig because I can take it off and wash my hair better than if I had a weave. I also can moisturize, oil, and baggie. Anyone else feeling this way?

Here! I have been doing a spring fall for almost a month now and I love it. I have about 3 or 4 to choose from and although I do get tired of them in the daytime when I am out I wouldn't trade them at all.. I can easily take them off at night and do whatever I want with my hair, much easier than with standard weaves.

amwcah

I feel the same way. I think about getting braids, but then I can't wash and moisturize my hair like I want.

I braided my here in 6 cornrows going back and wore a wig all week. I moisturized twice per day and baggied at night and during the day. I put a plastic cap over my wig followed by a wig cap and my wig. I'm really feeling wigs right now. I bought four in 2 months.

I most definitely will be hiding my hair until Christmas. I may hide until I reach BSL.

ajoyfuljoy

I like wearing weave sometimes. But that's a really long time. I'd rather just be spontaneous with it then make a hard, fast rule.

cutebajangirl

I feel the same way. Im doing instant weaves right now. I have Portland Girl and Milano Girl by Freetress, both synthetic. I like the easy access to my hair for oiling washing. Arter those get raggedy I plan on getting a human hair one or a curly weave.

pinkdot's blog

I am wearing my hair in protective styles until the end of the year. I will be updating my progress in my siggy on lhcf every so many months. I'm not wearing my hair out to the public until the end of this year.

CAPlush

I will probably keep bunning indefinitely, until the holidays and into next year. A wig sounds like a great way to protect your hair for a few months.:)

mturner0516

Wiggin it? I say go for it! I wear nothing but wigs(i change about every 3 weeks), and it protects my hair from the sun, sand and wind.(which keeps me protected from the iraq heat) I cw my hair faithfully twice a week. I don't use any heat, and my hair is either bunned or braided underneath. I don't have to comb or even brush except on wash days to detangle. Now that i'm actually taking care of my hair under a wig, this hair of mines better grow :grin:

cheetarah1980

I'm down for wearing protective styles until the holidays. This was actually my plan for the rest of the year. I plan on being in twists or box braids (no extensions) until year's end. While I LOVE twistouts, mine doesn't look how I want it to yet, so I'd rather just keep my hair twisted up and out of my way. Now I just have to be diligent about restyling my hair once each set of braids/twists runs its course.

nomoweavesfome

Oh my word, if it wasn't for me getting married I would stretch for 20 weeks and wig it all the way out!! Summer time is the best time for me to wear wigs too, because I get the human hair wavey or curley ones and I can wet it up and look cute and my natural hair stays moist and it loves this!! Here's my fav human hair wig:

Healthb4Length

nomoweavesfome said:
Oh my word, if it wasn't for me getting married I would stretch for 20 weeks and wig it all the way out!! Summer time is the best time for me to wear wigs too, because I get the human hair wavey or curley ones and I can wet it up and look cute and my natural hair stays moist and it loves this!! Here's my fav human hair wig:

Oh this Fiyah!!! I likes! Now you and Mturner got me itchin to get wiggin. THis is too cute! IDK if I would be able to get one that fits so closely to my head cause I got a lot of hair and my head big:ohwell: :lol:. You got a cute little head, I can't say the same for myself:lol: but I was thinking about getting the Rihanna/Posh Spice cut with a sew in but now I'm thinking about just wigging it up! I haven't seen the style in the beauty shops though, how can I get that style. Would I have to buy a wig and then go to a salon and have them style it according to my head and face shape?

bablou00

That was my plan. At least till my touch up in August. Unless I go longer:eek: It will be clipped up or rollersets for me all summer

naturaline

i started bunning (since today hehe). im APL now ill be bunning till BSL -with a break on weekends. i may still twist my hair. if i do ill keep it bunned up 2.

x

LocksOfLuV

I think I am down with you. After I wear it down this week, I think I may put it up for 6 mos just so I can protect it. I am like 5 inches away from a blunt goal so I think why not. Lemme contemplate it over the week, but as of now I am 80% sure I want to join (only reason I am contemplating it is because I know once it comes time to wear it down, unless I am in Florida I will be too scared to wear it down in the cold air so that may be potentially another 3 mos added to that)!

mscocoface

nomoweavesfome said:

WHERE DID YOU GET THIS FROM?:eek: Signed Woman addicted to Wigs!:lachen:

mscocoface

I am doing protective styles for the rest of the year so that may be wigs, twists, half and half conrows and wigs, anything else I can think of.

I want to get not just at the BSL I want to be beyond it by December.

The only time I am wearing my hair down this year will be for my wedding, but I am seriously considering having my hair up so that could be just about any type of hair design including cornrows or twists up in some type of design.

I am use once in a while I will wear twists outs but that will probably be the limit for me.

mscocoface

autumnbeauty29 said:
Here! I have been doing a spring fall for almost a month now and I love it. I have about 3 or 4 to choose from and although I do get tired of them in the daytime when I am out I wouldn't trade them at all.. I can easily take them off at night and do whatever I want with my hair, much easier than with standard weaves.

RAISED HAND. My sentiments exactly with the wigs. I can take them off and do whatever I want with my hair. Waaaaay easier than a weave for me and much more convenient and in my opinion cheaper. I can get 2-4 and change up when I feel like it. Right now I am into the short wigs. It is just too hot for me to deal with anything on my neck.

baby42

i going to rock a full weave :lachen: :lol: and only two week off and on before redoing another weave:lol: for a year starting on may 1 2007 i wish i could do a wig but i would be runing a round with a rag on my head cause i cant keep up with my wig lol i going to wash and deep co that weave like it mines lol

Last edited:

FineChyna

I am doing draw string ponys and buns until further notice. my hair does not like summer (it gets drier than usually and very frizzy) so no sense of fighting it. besides it is much easier to do that and wear my hair out and wonder about how dry my ends are.