Anyone else here found protein treatments not working?

hot_pepper96

I've been trying various protein treatments and nothing seems to work. Aphogee does seem to cut it off, but I still see shedding maybe days after. No other protein treatments seem to work. Who else is having a problem with excessive breakage/shedding?

HoneyDew

I was having a problem with breakage, but it was from dryness. Protein treatments tend to make my hair even dryer.

I get shedding, but not more than natural daily shedding.

The only thing that seemed to have stopped breakage for me was clipping thin ends, washing every few days, deep conditioning everytime and moisturizing daily. I always use the same products.

I get NO BREAKAGE! After years of breakage, I cannot believe I can run my finger through my hair and not have any on my hands. :weird:

But, yeah, for me the intensive treatments make my hair too dry which can then cause breakage for me.

yokourt

I take oil of oregeno in a gel cap. I was surfing the forum and they mentioned garlic oil, since I didn't have any I used the oil of oregeno instead (same herb family) I cut a cap in half and added it to a small bottle of shampoo. Shook it and applied it to my scalp. I let it sit for about 5 mins and rinsed , conditioned and did have much hair in my shower comb.

Isis

Hot_pepper96, I prefer using a milder protein treatment like Keraphix, followed by a deep moisturizing conditioning treatment(like Humectress) to get rid of the dryness left by the protein. I think all protein makes hair stronger but dry. We just have to follow it up with a very good moisturizer.

Thanks for the great tip, Yokourt!

SherryLove

girl, i have given up trying to stop my excessive hair shedding....with different moisturizing/protein treatments...i almost sure i shed more than 100 hairs per day... i have just accepted the hair shedding as part of my natural hair growth cycle...oh well...

Elizabeth26

I started back in September trying to stop my hair from breakage. The first time I use aphogee nothing happen and then the first time I use emergencee it still continue to break. I heard other people on the board who said after one application their breakage stop. I just couldn't understand why mine continue. I didn't really think it was going to stop breaking. I stretched my relaxer to 12 weeks so I continue to see breakage. During this period I just kept my hair moisturize but once I relaxed my hair the breakage stopped. I think that when you stretch your relaxer you going to see some breakage. My hair still sheds but I can accept that as long as its not breaking.

HoneyDew

Liz25_Ga said:
I started back in September trying to stop my hair from breakage. The first time I use aphogee nothing happen and then the first time I use emergencee it still continue to break. I heard other people on the board who said after one application their breakage stop. I just couldn't understand why mine continue. I didn't really think it was going to stop breaking. I stretched my relaxer to 12 weeks so I continue to see breakage. During this period I just kept my hair moisturize but once I relaxed my hair the breakage stopped. I think that when you stretch your relaxer you going to see some breakage. My hair still sheds but I can accept that as long as its not breaking.

I have the same problem if I stretch relaxers. I get breakage when it is time to relax, but as soon as I relax, no breakage.