Summer Growth Spurt Challenge!!!

LuvlyRain3

Do you believe in the summer growth spurt?? Well then PROVE IT!

Many of us feel that we get exceptional growth during the warmer months. But how many of us have ever put this theory to the test? Now is the chance!

This challenge will run from June
21 - September 21. Just answer the following questions and youre in

How much growth do you think you will get this summer?

I think I get at least .75in a month during the summer.

Is there anything different about your regimen during the summer that may also contribute to your growth/retention?

I cowash almost everyday during the summer. I also take in way more water.

What is your current length? How many inches?

Closing in on SL. I have approximately 6in in the front 6.5in in the back.

Do you know your current monthly growth rate?

I get the average 1/2inch during the regular months.

I will be posting a starting pic on June 20 when I do my length check.

Please post a starting pic by June 21. At the end of the challenge we will post end pics and compare.

HAPPY HAIR GROWING LADIES!!

Challengers:

NewHairWOWeave
FaithVA
Black Hoya Chick
KumakoXsd
CurlyLawGal
Evallusion
DayDreamist
ezina
lawyer2be371
sapphire18
shortdub78
princessdi
tasha7239
jprayze
bunnie82
bigbrowneyez

NewHairWOWeave

This is my FIRST official Challenge ... Yay MEE
I think I get 1-1.75 inches this summer

Is there anything different about your regimen during the summer that may also contribute to your growth/retention?
Co washing once a week. Washing and DC once a week. Mega Tek Reggie and vitamins.

SL. Approx..9-10.5 inches. I am almost 2 months post relaxer.

about .50 inches

Posting Pic Before June 21. When I get my Relaxer

faithVA

I think im a slow grower so I would be happy with 1.5 to 2 inches by the end date.

Dont think so. I will install kinky twists at the end of June and keep them. But Im in protective styles 98% of the time so dont think this will have a big impact.

Im SL with 6.5 to 7 inches depending on the area.

I think its closer to 1/4 inch

I will do post my starting pic after I henna in the next 2 weeks.

Last edited:

Black Hoya Chick

I'm in. I want 2-3 inches this summer on my road to a thicker, full WL by the end of the year.

I predict about 3/4 - 1 inch a month

I cowash more often and workout a lot outside, sweating more in the heat. Although I already only drink water, I definitely up my intake in the summer.

I am currently about MBL. Last time I measured, it was between 17-18 inches long from scalp to tip.

I usually get at least 1/2 inch, sometimes more.

I am doing a mini-trim tomorrow night I believe, so my starting pic will be posted then.

lilyofthenile

I will probably get an inch a month.

I moisturise better because I now know what works. I also use more protective styling and let my scalp breathe. Another thing I'm doing is Valerie's potion challenge and I've seen results from that so hoping to at least get an inch a month.

What is your current length?

How many inches? At the moment my hair is braided but the longest parts are about 9inches, I'm SL full wanting to be APL at the end of this year.

I don't really know. In the Winter it was incredibly slow and I struggled up until March, I still don't get my rate but I hope to say .5 inches.

Good luck everyone! XD

CurlyLawGal

I'm in! This will be my first challenge :)

1. How much growth do you think you will get this summer?

**Hopefully, 1-2 inches.**

2. Is there anything different about your regimen during the summer that may also contribute to your growth/retention?

**I co-wash throughout the week and do more protective styling. I also use less heat and drink lots of water.**

3. What is your current length?
**SL**

4. Do you know your current monthly growth rate?

**No. For health reasons, my growth pattern has changed. I stayed the same length most of 2010 due to breakage and health. Now, I should have more growth.**

I wasn't planning to use heat until July, so I will fave to find a creative way to do my starting pic. Any ideas?

Good luck everyone!!!

Evallusion

LiloLombardi
Okay. I'll bite!

1. How much growth do you think you will get this summer?

1 1/4 inches for this challenge

2. Is there anything different about your regimen during the summer that may also contribute to your growth/retention?

Nope

3. What is your current length?

NL...trying to get to shoulder length

4. Do you know your current monthly growth rate?

1/3 of an inch a month (I'm a slower grower...could be due to my anemia...taking a multi-vitamin to combat it)

**I'm currently in box braids so I don't have a starting pic for now. But my latest hair pic is in my siggy.**

Last edited:

CurlsBazillion

I'm in alot of challenges but they all work together and this is something I was gonna keep my eye on anyway being that Ive never concerned myself with growth rates till now.

I think I can retain 2 1/2 in - 3in by the end of this challenge

I just started cowashing everyday and I'm sure I wont be able to do that as often this winter. I also take Omega 369 and a multivitamin, something I'm just becoming consistent about. (I will add MSM before the challenge ends)

CBL/true SL, 7in

.5 in

ezina

With growth aids I get about .4 - .5 inches a month and without them I get about .3 inches, but since it's summer and I intend to stay on the biotin and MT mix, I will be bold and say that I think that I will get .6 inches a month. Therefore, I hope to gain about 2 inches over the summer.

Yes. I have just added Aphogee and Alter Ego into my regimen. I also added iron pills and will consciously eat more iron-rich foods. I've been combating anemia lately and really want to get rid of the excess shedding and breakage ASAP.

I am about a centimeter from touching BSL, but officially I'm still claiming APL. Don't know the inches but will measure as soon as I find tape or a ruler.

See response to first question.

Starting pic:

See attachment. The picture was taken on May 21st, though.

Attachments

• DSC03176.jpg
    DSC03176.jpg
    222.4 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

lawyer2be371

I'm in I hope to get 3 inches over the summer months

I think my hair just grows faster in the summer

I'm in braids now with about a inch of new growth I will figure away to measure my progress

In a good month i grow 1/2 inch

I will be cowashing every other day and using sulfur and doing scalp massages

sapphire18

I think I will get about 2 inches this summer.
I will attempt to shampoo and condition on a daily basis this summer.

My hair is Collarbone Length. I am not sure exactly how many inches in length my hair is. My best guess is aproximately 7 inches in the back

I don't know my current monthly growth rate.

Black Hoya Chick

Here's my starting pic.

The blue line is where I want to be by the end of the year.

Evolving78

1-1.25 (inches)

i am protective styling and hiding my hair for that length of time

SL 6.5-7 inches
about .25-.5 inches

sapphire18

My hair is layered. My hair's shortest layer in the back is 5" and the longest layer is 6". In the front my hair is an average of 7". I have not figure out how to load pictures on this forum yet but my starting picks are on my blog.

Last edited:

princessdi

Count me in.

I'm hoping I will get over the normal .5 inches per month

Not really.

I'm currently MBL. 13 inches.

.5 inches per month

I haven't seen any difference in growth rates during the summer vs. winter, so I'm curious to test the theory to see if my growth rate is different during any given period.