Anyone ever use braided extensions on double processed hair?

Hi,

I want to braid my hair, now that the weather is getting cold, plus my super busy schedule. though, I have experienced breakage from braids in the past, i want to give it another shot and use the crown and glory method. I am worried that since my hair is relaxed and highlighted that the braids may be a little harsh on my double-processed hair. I mean i won't be able to deep condition like before, though I'll be using a leave in conditioner. So if you have ever braided double processed hair with good results, please let me know. Thanks

Healthb4Length

I've braided my hair in the past when I had a relaxer and hilites and I suffered from breakage...but that was because I NEVER moisturized! I think that you would be okay so long as you moisturize and use a strengthener to keep your hair strong like Infusium. Robin says that you can definitely wear braids on double processed hair, just make sure that you deep treat your hair before you put in your braids and after you take them out.

Candycane044

I've never done this but I think it also depends on what type of braids you get, and how tightly they're pulled etc. If you get cornrows it probably wouldn't be nearly as bad as getting like micros or something. Also like Alli said, it'll probably be fine as long as you moisturize.