Anyone feel guilty about wearing hair out!

krissyprissy

Today I went to a wedding with my boyfriend and after being on the bun/baggie challenge I decided to wear my hair out. My hair was washed, deep conditioned, wrapped, and flat ironed. Even though I was looking cute, I could'nt stop thinking about how my hair was holding up in this summer heat. This was a outside wedding too. Tomorrow I think I will co wash and put it back in a bun. I've come to far to ruin my hair now, even though I love the way I look with my hair down. Can you feel me ladies?

SherryLove

hey, i am sure wearing your hair out every once in a while will not harm your hair in any way; so there's nothing to feel guilty about.....just my opinion....

Trinity1

I understand your challenge but wearing your hair out is not going to hurt it. As long as your hair is moisturized you can wear it however you want. My hair was a couple of inches past bra strap. I decided to trim off 3 inches and now its right above bra strap and I grew my hair long and strong with wearing my hair down almost everyday. On average I wear my hair in a bun/ponytail once or twice a week.

TeeTee2

SherryLove

and the funny thing is that when i wear my hair out most people think it is a weave... LOL.. one guy asked me if that is really all of your hair then why don't you wear it out more often... and then i asked him, "if this were really a weave that i paid my hard earned money to get, do you really think i would keep it bunned up all of the time??? of course, he had to think for a moment, and then he replied, "that's true."

I don't think I'd feel guitly for wearing it out, I just prefer not to. I haven't worn my hair out (as in down and totally straight) in 7 years. I just prefer buns and updo's. I may one day wear it out just to see and remember what it looks like. Till then, it's up or bust.

caligirl

I've seen so many women with long hair who wear it down everyday. I'm starting to think that keeping it clean, conditioned and trimmed is good enough.

Chaya

I wear my hair either out or down almost everyday. Actually about 99% of the time. My hair is very healthy and I have no problem retaining length. I wash and deep condition 2x/week as well as rollerset it. I dont have breakage or excessive shedding. I have more problems with protective styles and wet buning/ braiding etc. It just doesnt work for me.

Cowgirl

I do. The few times over the last couple of months that I've worn my hair down, by lunch time I've felt guilty and ponytailed or bunned it back up. :confused:

Cowgirl

AAAHHH, so I'm not alone. I tend to feel guilty as well. The few times over the last couple of months that I've worn my hair down, by lunch time it's back in a ponytail and bun. :confused:

I don't know why I feel like that. I think it's because one day I was wearing it down and put my purse on my shoulder and accidentally yanked out quite a few hairs. :mad: I was very upset with myself after that.

chocolate01

I never felt guilty for wearing my hair out when relaxed but then again I was someone who wore my hair out everyday.

missvi

God is Good!!
I wear out everyday. I don't like to do protective styles, because I think my hair breaks more. Thats what I think!:)

Angelicus

Yes, sometimes I do. I've been wearing it down more lately and I just don't feel right-- I feel like my ends are rubbing against a brillo pad :(

luvSLave

anky said:
Yes, sometimes I do. I've been wearing it down more lately and I just don't feel right-- I feel like my ends are rubbing against a brillo pad :(
I rarely wear my hair down for this exact reason. I've been taking advantage of the warm weather though and wearing it down with halters or shirts that are cut slightly lower in back.

Crysdon

brownhaired_bonanza said:
I don't think I'd feel guitly for wearing it out, I just prefer not to. I haven't worn my hair out (as in down and totally straight) in 7 years. I just prefer buns and updo's. I may one day wear it out just to see and remember what it looks like. Till then, it's up or bust.

BHB, how do you clip your ends if your hair hasn't been straightend in (gasp! :eek: ) seven years?

Also, do you have pics of your hair?

Thanks!

SherryLove

Crysdon said:
BHB, how do you clip your ends if your hair hasn't been straightend in (gasp! :eek: ) seven years?

Also, do you have pics of your hair?

Thanks!

oh my lord!!!!! LOL... crysdon, i just realized that bhb said she has not worn her hair out in 7 years.. i am cracking up over here...LOL.....

bhb, just like crysdon, i would love to see some of your pics if you do not mind sharing with us..

thanks...

SherryLove

SherryLove said:
oh my lord!!!!! LOL... crysdon, i just realized that bhb said she has not worn her hair out in 7 years.. i am cracking up over here...LOL.....

bhb, just like crysdon, i would love to see some of your pics if you do not mind sharing with us..

thanks...

bhb, could it be that 7 years was a typo????? i am so in disbelief...

Peachtree

I'll wear my out out about once a mth, in a shake 'n go or half up-half down style. I don't feel guilty about it at all....

krissyprissy

I use to wear my hair out everyday, but I realized my hair never grew past shoulder length. I started wearing protective styles in March05 and now my hair is 2 inches past my shoulders. For once in my life I would love to have bra strap length hair. So, everytime my hair is out I feel like I'm holding myself back.

SherryLove

krissyprissy said:
I use to wear my hair out everyday, but I realized my hair never grew past shoulder length. I started wearing protective styles in March05 and now my hair is 2 inches past my shoulders. For once in my life I would love to have bra strap length hair. So, everytime my hair is out I feel like I'm holding myself back.

hey krissy... have fun wearing your hair out some time..just do not wear it out all of the time...smile....

Jewell

I sometimes feel guilty about wearing my hair out, but I had been doing so (for the most part) before I found this board with no problems. ITA that conditioning/moisturizing well is the key. I don't mind wearing my hair up, but I'd much rather let it hang.

wyldcurlz

I'm glad to hear all of you say that you shouldn't feel guilty about wearing your hair out. I'm trying to get a few inches below bra strap (currently, I'm about 2 inches above bra strap), and i DO NOT look good with my hair in a bun or pony all the time - it doesn't flatter my face shape. I was worried thinking, even when I reach my goal length that i'd HAVE to wear my hair in buns (or other protective styles) all the time. I mean, you work so hard to grow this beautiful, healthy hair and you want to wear it out! So, I'm glad to know that there is healthy hair life after protective styles! (that IS what everyone is saying, right?) :)

SherryLove

wyldcurlz said:
I'm glad to hear all of you say that you shouldn't feel guilty about wearing your hair out. I'm trying to get a few inches below bra strap (currently, I'm about 2 inches above bra strap), and i DO NOT look good with my hair in a bun or pony all the time - it doesn't flatter my face shape. I was worried thinking, even when I reach my goal length that i'd HAVE to wear my hair in buns (or other protective styles) all the time. I mean, you work so hard to grow this beautiful, healthy hair and you want to wear it out! So, I'm glad to know that there is healthy hair life after protective styles! (that IS what everyone is saying, right?) :)

yes, this is exactly what most of us are saying.....