Do you feel guilty about letting your hair out?

Tamrin

unapologetic
I do all the time. Am I the only one? Yesterday I did a dry braid out and let my hair lose. All day I was looking at my ends as they touched my shirt. I felt so guilty. By the time I go home I moisturized seal and tuck away all my precious ends and breathed a sigh of relief. Is it sick or what?

I justttt got home and did the exact same thing...my hair wasnt only out but it was in a hat. as u can see in my siggy. I FELT SOOOO GUILTY. Came moisturized and slapped some castor oil on my ends. I havent worn my own hair out in a minute and it will be awhile before i do it again.

no, i've almost always worn my hair loose, unless it isn't laying the way i like. i tried doing protective styling for about a month, and it just felt so boring. plus, after wearing buns all the time, when i would try to wear it down, it would flip out in weird directions that had set from the bun. :wallbash:

I realised the other day that I'm not as worried about that now. I used to be before but now if I feel like wearing it down I'll wear it down without feeling guilty but I've got so used to wearing it up now I don't even think about it anymore. Now I'm bunning until Christmas but that's for a specific purpose so I'm concious about my current bunning.

I have the reverse problem. I was brought up to believe that rollersetting was the only way. I wet my hair on a daily basis and bun it up. Doing the ponytails makes me feel guilty LOL

Nope, not at all. I'm not one of those protective style ladies so i wear my hair down pretty much everyday, except on the weekends. My hair hasn't suffered from it. I take care of it and I give it what it needs and we're both happy.

I feel that way cause for years I had my hair out and it never made it past shoulder. I did all sorts of umholy things to my hair in the name of enjoying it. I went into hair rehab. Finally I just made it to a healthy Apl and Im conscious about losing all the progress. Maybe once I'm a little longer I will be able to enjoy it more like some of you ladies. Until then my hair is staying in a protective style and no heat.

I feel guilty if I don't wear it out. But that's because I feel like everyone should be given the opportunity to marvel over how beautiful and healthy my hair is. I want them to ooohh and awww over how thick and shiny it is.

And no I'm not joking. :look:

I feel really guilty now. I used to wear it out in the beginning of my LHCF journey but now I feel so paranoid when my ends are out. I keep telling myself when my hair gets to APL I'll wear it out more. I'm getting a Lf so I can wear loose hair without exposing my ends

I don't feel guilty, but I do feel weird. I'm so used to wearing buns that when my hair is down, it annoys me. Getting stuck in my lipgloss, flying all in my face, tickling my ears and neck, getting caught in things, my kids pulling it. After a few hours, I end up putting it back up because it just feels strange :lol:

When I reach my WL goal, I'll get used to it and wear it out more, though :giggle:

No, I don't feel guilty. I feel like when I wear a bun or a pony tail too often I'm putting too much stress on my edges. Plus my head is kinda large-ish so when I wear it up it's too noticeable, lol.

I don't feel bad at all, i love wearing my hair out, my hair still grows either way. And also I blow dry once a week....i know shame on me.

Guilt free hair flowing everyday....

Since I've been transitioning, I've been wearing my hair out more, and I don't feel guilty about it at all. I'm loving it. :)

kinda:ohwell:...today i'm feeling this way...I feel like my family will make all types of comments on the length/health/obsession/color/style of my hair,thanksgiving is at grammas house...my family has a strange way of showing admiration sometimes:look:....but bump it,just finished washing & dc'ing...sedu is warming,while my hair is air drying...im coming in swangin'! :rolleyes::grin:

I feel the same way.

The other day I wore my BSL hair in a ponytail and felt like I was ruining my hair.

I went home immediately and cornrowed and put a wig on.

I rather be known as the wig lady than.....the lady with ragedy ends.

nope, i used to when i started my journey i thought if i ever flat ironed it or wore it down i'll have raggedy ends but not anymore i love my hair and i love enjoying it, if im going somewhere special i'll wear it down at night ill moisturise put it in two french plaits and go to bed

I don't feel guilty about it at all. I don't like to wear it down too often because it makes my head hot. I try to wear it out a few times a month, because SO gets tired of seeing me in a bun or ponytail (heck I do too!) so I try to give us both a break.

-A

No, I don't feel guilty, but I am "more aware" of it. For instance, if I sit on a cloth chair, I would bring my hair forward, over my shoulder. Or if wearing a ponytail, I make sure it's not too tight. Or if I'm wearing a turtleneck or wool coat, I wear my hair up. I never did these things before, and my hair/ends suffered.

NO...why would why? As much time and energy I put into my hair care, I need to see my efforts free flowing. That's the whole point of me taking good care of my hair so I don't have to worry about wearing it out.

i wear my hair out EVERYDAY, except in the summer when i wet bun. the only time i feel guilty is when i wear my pea coat because i know it snags. when i wear it i will pin my hair up but other than that my hair is down. and its growing nicely so im not going to stop.

i do. i feel locked up kinda. i wanna let it free, but i'm scared of damage. i feel guilty about not sleepin in a plastic cap, consoling myself w/ the silk pillowcase as a scapegoat.

I feel guilty if I don't wear it out. But that's because I feel like everyone should be given the opportunity to marvel over how beautiful and healthy my hair is. I want them to ooohh and awww over how thick and shiny it is.

And no I'm not joking. :look:

I just had to quote this. I love it. I thought I was the only one that felt this way. Oh, the nerve of some folks....

Back