Anyone in Germany? Berlin, Brandenburg or somewhere north east

grownupnai

Hey forum,

I've been away for a couple of years, but have continued to lurk every now and then. I made it to arm pit length in 2009 before chopping it off. Since then, i have had a low fade with one braid:yep:, and a faux hawk. I have also relocated to Berlin for school, and then love happened. I'm here for good and want to grow my hair out again. This time I'm going for waist length. I want nothing more than to pile my hair on top of my head in a huge messy looking (although, well detangled and moisturized) bun. I would also like to wear a pretty wooden comb in it for some reason this is my new dream hair. I have to do it on limited funds because I'm still a broke student so I can't do the international shipping it's just too expensive. My mom already spends way more than she should on shipping essentials like quaker grits so i wouldn't ask her to spend more on expensive products. So far my german products of choice have been things with cones and sulphates in them. I like Schwarzkoph oil shampoo in the clear golden brown bottle and Alverda by DM's condition for trocken/locken dry and curly. I supplement that with olive oil, johanniskra oil and melkfett with calendula from rossman which is like vaseline +herbs (grease) for sealing. They have "afro shops" here but they sell the cheapest stuff that is sold in the beauty supply stores back home at twice the price ie pink lotion, some box relaxers(dont use) and hair grease that costs too much. I did manage to find some protein conditioner (IC reconstructor) which I use every other day. Would be great to see what other folks in Germany are using that isn't shipped here.

Nai

grownupnai

also products from surrounding countries are cool in some cases. My partner travels to Sweden often, and I have friends in Denmark. I can create a laundry list for my UK friends, but everyone more than 2 hours away by plane is hiding out for winter or going somewhere warm.

grownupnai

Thanks Kumakoxsd and Austro-Afrikana! the problem with buying things from websites is that I need a visa card. My US bank account contains tiny USD... You know, the strinking currency of my motherland. I make euros and they are in my German bank account but it's an EC card, not a visa card. It's difficult to make online purchases unless they're on amazon.de. I also don't work so many hours, and have enough for cheap bare essentials. I can't buy costly products and so that's why I wanted to know what drug store brands work. thanks again!