Anyone know of a good hair dryer brand AND a good heat protectant??

Crystalicequeen123

I'm going to be blow-drying my 5-month post relaxed hair sometime this weekend, and I need to know of a good blowdryer to buy and a good heat protectant. I'm in the middle of transitioning, and I'm getting my hair braided so I want to make sure that my hair is blown out and free of knots and tangles. But I don't want to damage my new growth too much, so that's why I want to know some good hair dryer brands and some good heat protectant products that offer good protection while blowdrying hair. :yep:

This is the first time I'll be blow drying my hair since my last relaxer back in February.

Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated! :)

NicBenny

I like Chi Thermal Protectant. It smells really good :drunk:! I would caution, don't overdue it; I had went crazy on the spray and it left my hair a little stiff aftterwards. So, now I pump once in each area. It's highly recommended by other LHCFers.

Attachments

• Chi.jpg
    Chi.jpg
    3.4 KB · Views: 7

KinkyGenius

Dryer: Sedu Revolution Pro Tourmaline Ionic 4000i Hair Dryer
Heat Protectant: Nioxin Bliss Thermal Protector

Crystalicequeen123

Thanks ladies! :grin:

I like Chi Thermal Protectant. It smells really good :drunk:! I would caution, don't overdue it; I had went crazy on the spray and it left my hair a little stiff aftterwards. So, now I pump once in each area. It's highly recommended by other LHCFers.

So what do you think of the spray thermal protectants as opposed to others that are creams, etc.?? I've always been a little leary of spray heat protectants because (no offense to anyone) I just don't see how a SPRAY can really protect my hair from heat! :dizzy: Maybe that sounds ridiculous, but it just seems counterintuitive. :ohwell:

But I will take a look at it since I've heard good things about this CHI brand heat protectant. Can I buy it from my local BSS?

Dryer: Sedu Revolution Pro Tourmaline Ionic 4000i Hair Dryer
Heat Protectant: Nioxin Bliss Thermal Protector

Thanks! I'm off to go look at that dryer and do some research on that heat protectant. What about this particular dryer specifically do you like? What makes you choose this one over others in other words?

chocolatedoll18

bumping...any other suggestions? idk if chi is expensive i just know my local bss keep the chi, design essential, and other products behind a counter to wear you have to ask for it...i dont know what thats about but i assumed that meant too expensive for me. so i would like options on heat protectants thanks!

xcuzememiss

The andis tourmaline ionic ceramic blow dryer. It's a pretty red and gets the job done in half the time. Plus it has a comb attachment that doesn't break in thick hair!!! I love mines:) I paid about 26 for mines they can go up to 35 depending on which bss you go to. For a good heat protecant I suggest fantasia ic straighner. It is a heat protectant and doubles as a straightner. I use these all the time it's about 7 dollars and is in a pink bottle!

KinkyGenius

So what do you think of the spray thermal protectants as opposed to others that are creams, etc.??

Thanks! I'm off to go look at that dryer and do some research on that heat protectant. What about this particular dryer specifically do you like? What makes you choose this one over others in other words?

First question: In the past I used serums (i.e., Chi Silk Infusion) as my heat protectant. I have alotta strands on my head but my strands are on the finer side, so the serums weighed my hair down entirely too much when trying to do straight styles. If I had to compare the two, I feel the sprays go on evenly and it's hard to be "heavy-handed" with the product as well esp if you're the type to apply heat protectant section-by-section.

Second question: Well, I looooooooooove my Sedu flat iron, best one I've ever used, so naturally I decided to stay in the same line for my blowdryer as well. It has all the good stuff (ceramic, tourmaline, ionic, etc) so it dries my hair quicker and my hair isn't dried out by it either.

LovelyNaps26

I have the Yellowbird by Conair. I bought it after reading good reviews and i haven't been disappointed.

I used the Guardian Angel by Got2B. It's a light spray so it doesn't make the hair heavy or greasy. Also it's affordable and smells wonderful.

MarieB

I'm still using my Vidal Sassoon Ionic dryer; it's a cheapie, but it gets the job done. As far as heat protectant, I am loving Tresemme Thermal Creations Heat Tamer Spray (I think I paid about $5 for it). I prefer a spray because I'm able to distribute it more evenly. With serums, unless my hair was soaking wet, I always seemed to end up with too much in some areas and not enough in others, and too much serum is never a good thing for my hair.

Crystalicequeen123

Thanks ladies!

I think I'm gonna go on the lower end with the blowdryers and heat protectants because I'm looking for a dryer that costs less than $50. $50 is my limit that I wanna spend on a blowdryer right now. You guys have given me some great suggestions.

Thanks!

JJamiah

I use the Jilbere Porcelian Series Blow drier from Sally's. It cost $40 but with a coupon and my Pro discount I paid $27 for my second one, my first one before my procard or coupon was $38.99 they went up a dollar. I bought the Attachment comb from Folica.com for $18 and I like this combo better than my sister in laws $400 FHI blower!

darlingdiva

I love my FHI Heat Nano Salon Pro 2000 blow dryer because it does not dry my hair out when I use it on low or high/cool(I cannot use the heat settings on blow driers because they dry my hair out.). I know that you said that you want to stay at the lower end of the price spectrum, but I recommend the FHI if you decide to spend more money. I don't think that I can offer advice on heat protectants because I am still practicing at flatironing, but Sabino is helping me to keep the frizz at bay this summer and I did get a smooth blow dry result when I used Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum.

SweetSpirit86

I can't speak on the heat protectant, since I haven't found one I like yet, but as for the dryer...

ECO tourmaline ionic ceramic dryer by andis

I love this thing. It dries my hair but doesn't dry it out. My hair feels soft instead of crunchy, too. It has Cool - 700W, Gentle - 1200W, and Hot - 1875W for temperatures and a High, Low setting as well as the cool shot button. Mine came with 3 attachments as well: diffuser, comb, and whatchamacallit lol..the one that kinda squeezes the air together xD