Anyone maintaining their goal length?

ManeStreet

Hello Ladies!

So I finally see the end of my journey in sight. I will do a hair journey thread some time this summer. I need to gather all my pics together. I've decided by this time next year, I'm just going to maintain whatever length I have at that time.

Has anyone reached their goal and is now just maintaining? If so, what is your length? What are you doing to maintain that length?

Thanks

LightEyedMami

Im looking forward to this thread too, hopefully with pics :grin:......I am no where near "satisfied", i doubt i will be happy with my length until 2014 :lol:

lamaria211

ManeStreet said:
Hello Ladies!

So I finally see the end of my journey in sight. I will do a hair journey thread some time this summer. I need to gather all my pics together. I've decided by this time next year, I'm just going to maintain whatever length I have at that time.

Has anyone reached their goal and is now just maintaining? If so, what is your length? What are you doing to maintain that length?

Thanks

What is your hair goal:)

Lylddlebit

I am. I do the same stuff I was doing when growing out. Wash once a week alternate between pressed and natural, low mani. The main difference now is when I straighten my hair I cut more off the ends and I wear my hair natural because I like it without a goal in mind (and without a personal test that I can actually do it). I can wear it straightened and down when I want to without feeling like I can't straighten because of a future goal it will impact negatively. It's the good stuff. I mean if my hair gets longer that's cool, but I am not going to always aim for the next thing I don't have yet. It feels good to look at my ends cut like an inch and a half and still be at the goal.

hillytmj

I am recovering from a setback, but was at my goal length (WL) for about a year. The best advice I can give is to keep doing what you did to get there. Don't start slacking off on the good stuff, i.e. minimal heat, DCing, taking vitamins, etc. I think part of my setback was due to slowly easing away from excellent habits.

Congrats on nearly reaching your goal. It'll be here in no time. :)

Leesh

I've never really had a goal..I know weird. But, I'm way past what I ever imagined. My hair has never been this long in my entire life!!!

Dee Raven

I'm basically in maintenance mode right now. Since I've been on this board my goal was hip length and I made it sometime last year.

I love being in maintenance mode. And like someone mentioned that doesn't mean that you can back to taking your hair for granted. There is still work to be done. For me, I'm working to get blunt ends, and to grow out some heat damage that I have left over from a salon visit 3 years ago. :( Every couple of months I cut off an inch or so. It feels great to do. My second project right now is to figure out how to wash and go and get the look I want. I'm getting close. After that, I'm going to start working on getting more easy styles that require little or no heat. So there is always something to do even if you aren't actively growing. And I'm still in the TBL challenge just because.

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
i think i started a thread like this once again, and didn't get many replies.
i've come to conclude that a lot of ladies who are just doing the smooth sailing with their hair can be found over in ET and OT cutting up lol.