*Starting Length when you found LHCF vs Your Present Length*

shasha8685

My hair was a very damaged SL when I first started lurking on LHCF in March 2008. I finally joined after I cut it to the length seen in my avi (joined Feb 2009).

davisbr88

I started my HHJ in August 09 with nape-length hair. I joined LHCF in Feb '10. I am currently closing in on APL (would have been there if I hadn't done a 2-in mini chop a few weeks ago).
My goal is MBL when it's natural and straightened, so I have a long way to go. I am hoping to be there in 2013.

Imani

Stop it. You are not doomed to have short hair forever. You sound just like a friend of mine who has sworn off LHCF because it doesn't work. She has given up:sad:. Her story is exactly the same as yours. We all have setbacks. The key is just to find what works and sticks to it. I hope she comes back to the site :yep: and continues her journey. I've been trying to get her back here but it's not working...yet. lol

I don't have my goal hair and I've been on for a while. I did reach one of my goals briefly, and it broke back off:sad:. Even so, i don't think I'm doomed to have short hair forever. Its just about figuring out what works for YOU, and being consistent. And I think I've figured out that relaxing just was not working for me, my hair and scalp was too sensitive to the chemicals. So now I'm transitioning and hoping for the best :)

MariposaSexyGirl

Back in 2002-2003 I kept my hair in a should length bob. When I finally decided to grow it out I was at apl. I think apl was the longest my hair had ever been(even before my bob hair cut). Now I'm past waist scrapping Hip length.

So start: apl
Now: past wl

Prudent1

Started HHJ in Dec 2008 at EL (had layered inverted bob)
Currently kissing APL :rolleyes::lachen: Not going to claim it until it is full APL
APL is first minor goal (I'm rewarding myself with some highlights:yep:)
BSL is first big goal (this is longest my hair has ever been but I didn't know how to retain):wallbash:
After that I'll have to see how the maintenance goes:rolleyes:

Missigirl

I lurked for most of 2007. My avatar is my official beginning in 2008 It was cut to 4 inches all over. My signature picture is my 2010 length. My goal was WL but now I would like to try for HL. I am going to texlax at next relaxer to gain some thickness.

Ozma

I was NL when I found LHCF in Dec '08. I cut my hair from SL to CL once and am now SL with some longer hair past CBL. I hope to be APL by December.

CurlyMoo

I joined in March 2008 at Shoulder length. I had also started the Cathy Howse method at that time and mainly in the political forum and lurking in haircare tips forum for 6 months. After 6 months of the CH method, although my hair was much healtier and thicker, I had only gain a few inches. So I totally revamped my regimen and incorporated the LHCF tips like castor oil, olive oil, wash 2-3x a week, cowashing, Mega-tek and keeping a calendar journal. My hair finally started gaining length.

From August 2008, I went from just past shoulder length to now MBL a few inches from Waist length. I hope to make WL by December 31, 2010; 11:59 pm.

I'm happy with my progress thus far.

Last edited:

LiveLoveLife

Let's see, I started with either CL or NL relaxed, damaged hair in October 2007, long term transitioned and I am now completely natural past APL, hoping for BSL by December!! (that feels so good to finally say!)

constance

I started at below SL when I happened across LCHF in Oct 2008. 21 mos later I'm just grazing BSL--averaging 2 inches a year. My hair is a lot healthier and much thicker than when I started my hair journey. I'll be reaching my hair goal around 2015.:rolleyes:

Caychica

THEN : July 09-Neck length

NOW : July 10-Shoulder length

Attachments

• IMG_2266-vi.jpg
    IMG_2266-vi.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 4
  • SAM_1491-vi.jpg
    SAM_1491-vi.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 4