*Starting Length when you found LHCF vs Your Present Length*

JJamiah

:(

In 2005 I was MBL-f/WL-b relaxed.
After a BC and staying natural for a few years
IN 2010 I am BSL Relaxed
Going for WL and maybe beyond just to do it, most likely not! But YOu ladies are very convincing LOL!!!!!

prospurr4

- In December 2005, I fried my hair (with heat and chemical abuse) from past SL down to NL. :nono:

- In February 2006, I started "intentionally underprocessing" my hair as a way to help my damaged strands recover. (Later, I learned that I was actually texlaxing.)

- In June 2006, I found LHCF, at which time I was back to SL, but with thin, see-through ends, leftover from previous damage. :nono: So from this date on, I continued texlaxing, stretching out my touchups more and more (now I'm at 4 times a year), trimming the thin ends, and implementing the knowledge gained here and other hair forums.

- Currently, I'm almost WL. Actually, I believe I have already reached WL, but since I never wear my hair totally straight, I'm giving myself a few more months before officially claiming it. :grin:

- My final goal is HL. :grin:

lilliz6

I started at SL in Dec 09. I am all natural at his time. Now I'm APL and aiming for BSL in December.

Esthi777

I just joined!! So my start now would be EL just like my siggy. I've always kept my hair cut short because I like being able to do lots of styles with it but I wasn't taking care of my hair. The flat iron is my enemy! My countertop in my bathroom was Hair City from all of my breakage! My boyfriend just recently proposed and I'd like to grow my hair to CL for my wedding in February 2011. I didn't know where to start until I found LHCF. This place is a Godsend! So I hope to be CL by Feb. 2011

Curlykale

I was bra strap length texturized in february 2008 and I had daily breakage / my hair grew 2 inches every year / see through ends.
Now I'm shoulder length natural, I have no breakage and no see through ends.

bimtheduck

I started out in August 2009 at SL and I am currently BSB. Right now my longterm goal is WL.

Once I hit WL I'm thinking about transitioning to texlaxed hair then transitioning to natural.

ilah

Started out at just below chin length (Sept. 09) and as of right now i'm Collar Bone- yay

DarkAngell

march 07- NL- relaxed bone straight/began transition to natural

Feb 08- BC'ed/completely natural and SL (front of my hair was grazing my jawbone.

July 2010- Texlaxed/ about 2-3 inches from WL. (when stretched) front of hair is just past APL

GOAL: It was WL but i think i *might* go for HL.

My god, this thread is depressing for me :(. I started at SL in August 2008, was nearly APL in August 2009, but somehow I have now gone back to SL :ohwell:. I feel like I'm doomed to have short hair forever :perplexed :nono:

I'm sorry! :bighug:I didn't mean for this thread to be depressing but for it to be a motivation for those (including myself) who have a looong way ahead of them until they reach their goal! Don't give up! Just find what works best for YOUR hair (this pep talk is for me just as much as it is for you...lol)!

Wow...all of you ladies are an inspiration to me! This thread is really helping to keep me motivated! :yep:

Misshairdiva

I started shoulder length, was told from my mom that Black folks couldn't grow their hair (so I believed) and now since joining LHCF in 08 I am BSL. I LUUUUV LHCF!!!!!!!

NikStarrr

I've been on LHCF off an on for years. But initially when I joined I was at collarbone length. I'm now at BSL. Here recently, I rejoined after I BC'd. Two years later, and I'm BSL. Thx gals! :D

I'm sorry! :bighug:I didn't mean for this thread to be depressing but for it to be a motivation for those (including myself) who have a looong way ahead of them until they reach their goal! Don't give up! Just find what works best for YOUR hair (this pep talk is for me just as much as it is for you...lol)!

Wow...all of you ladies are an inspiration to me! This thread is really helping to keep me motivated! :yep:

Oh dear, I feel a little bad for writing my post like that. I didn't mean to put a downer on the thread, I'm so sorry about that :ohwell:. I'm just at a place right now where I am so frustrated with my hair (already been venting about this in other posts), but I'm trying my best to just turn things around from here. Thanks a lot for the hug :D

BostonMaria

I just joined!! So my start now would be EL just like my siggy. I've always kept my hair cut short because I like being able to do lots of styles with it but I wasn't taking care of my hair. The flat iron is my enemy! My countertop in my bathroom was Hair City from all of my breakage! My boyfriend just recently proposed and I'd like to grow my hair to CL for my wedding in February 2011. I didn't know where to start until I found LHCF. This place is a Godsend! So I hope to be CL by Feb. 2011

Congratulations on your engagement!

brucebettye

I started at around ear length and I am know between shoulder length and apl. I have cut my nape area off many times because it grows so much faster than the rest of my hair. I may be doing it again soon.

bbdgirl

I started at past shoulder length and am now MBL. I have hair-orexia because I am not happy that it's not WL...oh well

loulou82

May/ June 2007: Ranged from Chin to NL; relaxed

Now: Past APL; natural

It has definitely been a journey

tricie

I started off at top of the collar (TOTC; ha ha) in 2006, and now my transitioning hair with relaxed ends, at its longest point,, is trying to graze APL! Yeah, boi! :)

addaboutmyhair

Started my hair journey in March 2009 at nl/sl. Now I am full sl/apl. So after 18 months, 6 inches. So I'm retaining about 1/3inch per month. Much better than I was doing although now I've totally fallen off my vitamin reggie.

ScorpioBeauty09

I just joined less than a month ago and my hair was just above APL. Haven't straightened my hair yet and won't for a while so I'm not sure if my hair is longer.

PikiNiki

I was MBL when I first joined. Now I'm past WL. My ultimate goal is classic length. I have no doubt that I'll get there, with all the knowledge I've gained. My DD started out MBL and her hair is beyond WL as well.