Anyone own "The Mane Clip" hair extension clip

crazydaze911

i have the lace flair upa clip - you cant change the hair unless you CUT the old hair off and sew in a new type - so its not easily interchangeable. I've only worn it like twice. I have a long one (18 inch?) and it seems to be too much for my hair. it slips constantly and i have to go to the bathroom to adjust it, so i havent worn it in a while.

LovinLocks

I ordered 18" too because I saw a tutorial SOMEwhere that showed how to do a bun with a phony pony and I was sold.

So, now I have a MC, just ordered some fake hair for it and just ordered the Flair with some hair and a couple barrettes. Can't wait to take pics.

LovinLocks

K, Mane Clip and weave hair in hand. Grrrrrrrr. When I install the hair to the clip I see the top of the weave weft :wallbash:. This has got to work 'cause I paid too much for all this stuff.

The "Clip" has two rows of teeth. Should I perhaps place the weft on the bottom teeth so it doesn't show at the top of the clip. Maaaan. I'm getting frustrated.

P.S. I figured it out. I had to put the weft between the two rows of grid teeth. Now it doesn't show. Oh, and that tidbit about using a piece of weft to surround my natural hair was on point to conceal my hair from the fake hair.

I'll try and get photos when I can find someone to take them that doesn't trip out about it. (Harder than it sounds).

Last edited:

LovinLocks

NEWS FLASH!!!!!

TMC forgot to send the free barrette advertised when I ordered. I contacted her (Michelle).

WHY DID I GET A PACKAGE YESTERDAY WITH five, COUNT 'EM 5 (FIVE) barrettes. Woooooo whoooo. I had to let you all know the extra extra mile she went. I'll try and get pics up when I get settled.