Aubrey Organics Rose Mosqueta Nourishing Conditioner

PreciousPearl

I went out today to purchase Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose conditioner, but Whole Foods didn't have it in stock. So, I purchased the Rose Mosqueta conditioner instead. Would you consider it as moisturizing as Honeysuckle Rose? I was looking for a conditioner without protein. It has the following ingredients:

Coconut Fatty Acid Cream Base, Coltsfoot Extract, Horsetail Extract, Organic Rosa Mosqueta® Rose Hip Seed Oil, St. John's Wort Oil, Wheat Germ Oil, Organic Aloe Vera, Amino Acid Complex (Cysteine, Methionine), Organic Evening Primrose Oil, Balsam Oil; Extracts of Fennel, Hops, Balm Mint, Mistletoe, Camomile and Yarrow; Organic Rosemary Oil, Organic Sage Oil, Aminobenzoic Acid, Carrot Oil, Aubrey's Preservative (Citrus Seed Extract, Vitamins A, C and E).

Honeysuckle Rose ingredients:
Coconut fatty acid cream base, organic aloe vera, organic shea butter, wheat germ oil, organic jojoba oil, organic Rosa Mosqueta Rose Hip Seed Oil; extracts of fennel, hops, balm Mint, misltletoe, camomile, yarrow, chrysanthenum, angelica, forsythia and magnolia; honeysuckle oil, carrot oil, Aubrey's Preservstive (citrus seed extract, vitamins A, C and E).

Last edited:

*Muffin*

I use the Rosa Mosqueta conditioner, and it is very moisturizing. I really wanted the white camellia one, but they didn't have it. I like it a lot. It's very rich and moisturizing and leaves my hair feeling very soft afterward. The first ingredient is coconut fatty acid cream just like most of the others, so I assume the result it yields would be similar to the others. IDK if it's the best one, but on a scale of 1 to 10 (ten being perfect) I give it an 8 to a 8.5.

PreciousPearl

Muffin. Thanks for the reply. I was concerned that it had protein. I see wheat germ oil on the list. Doesn't wheat germ oil contain some form of protein?

*Muffin*

It doesn't have wheat germ oil, but it does have an amino acid complex. I've experienced no problems with it, though. The amino acids are derived from cysteine (which is found in eggs, I believe) and Methionine. I even mix my AO Rosa mosqueta conditioner in with my hendigo (and henna and protein don't mix :nono:) and my hair turns out great every time. Overall I believe a lot of oils (like coconut oil and wheat germ oil) and natural amino acids act as proteins in repairing your hair, but they are natural and aren't heavy/hard proteins. It's the type of protein you'd benefit from over time and not all at once. But if your hair is the type that doesn't like protein very much you may want to do a patch or strand test before you apply it on all of your strands, just to be safe :yep:.

Cheleigh

This is not my favorite of the AO conditioners. I like white camellia first, followed by HSR, GPB, and Island Naturals. Then is Rose Mosqueta. It's ok, but it does operate more like a protein than a moisturizing condish on my hair. Considering it's more expensive than the other AO conditioners, it's not on my repurchase list.

SherryLove

from my experience, the AO HR conditioner is more moisturizing than the Rosa Mosqueta conditioner. However, the Rosa Mosqueta has a good balance of moisture and protein. smile....