Aote About Quality Products

A Note About Quality Products

I think I have "stuck-up" hair, or that's the conclusion I've now drawn. After months of product testing, I now realize that my hair only like certain products, and they tend to be on the expensive side. I've tried it all motions, NTM, ORS, Elasta QP, cheapy dominican conditioners, fantasia IC (and the list goes on) and all I've gotten from those products was hard, brittle,dry feeling hair. Honestly those products did NAY-Thing for my hair. Thanks to free samples and friends who own what I now call quality products, I was blessed to also discover what my hair likes that includes products by Kenra, Lanza, Joico, Aubrey Organics, Carol's Daughter, and UBH (Cathy Howse). I am not knocking any products because different products work for different people. I know there is no miracle product, but I also know that hair needs to be replenished, moisturized, and restored and only certain products do that for my hair. I am so happy this light bulb went off in my head. The last few months was a time of experimentation for me (I am glad I experimented because I now understand my hair), now I feel like my hair is really ready to start reaching those goals from all I have learned.

List of some products my hair loves

Shampoos
Kenra Moisturizing poo
Elucence

Protein Conditioners
AO GPB
UBH Con.

Moisturizing Conditioners
Kenra Mois. Con.
Elucence
Biolage Ultra Hydrating Mask

Moisturizers
ORS Olive Oil (not the lotion, the one in the jar)
Carol's daughter Healthy Hair Butter
UBH Moisturizer
Unrefined shea butter (i get this on 125th street in Harlem)

Leave-ins
Lacio Lacio
Paul Mitchell foaming Pomade (not a leave-in really)

The only cheapies that worked for me are infusium 23 leave-in, Creme of Nature poo w/ green writing, and S-curl.

No I don't use all these products but I have tried them in the past months. I will be choosing one or 2 products from each division to start me out. I know it will cost, but like I said my quality products are worth it.

Last edited:
Very interesting...I think my hair is stuck up too! I can count on one hand the non-salon products that work on my hair. Nexxus has always done well and I'm about to experiment with Giovanni poos and cons.
Let us know which products you decide to keep...

I noticed this on the beginning of my hair care journey. The more expensive products helped to get my hair trained. Once your hair is properly trained, then some of the cheaper products will become more effective over time.

My hair is like this also. Very few inexpensive products work for my hair. Salon products for me all the way

Back