Apalus Straightening Brush

curlytwirly06

The end results was a poofy- ish sleek blowout. I am going to put some finishing shaping pomade on my hair and wrap it. It should be pretty fluffy - straight come morning. Also I was just learning technique with this brush so next time should be better. Like another poster said long slow strokes are key. Also I would suggest a good heat protectant / anti moisture / reverted with this. It in my opinion does not get as hot as a flat iron and your hair may revert faster because of that. I know this blowout won't last as long as a flat iron would. But that's okay with me.

toaster

Okay so I used it today. Pics attached.I washed and conditioned my hair then lightly stretched with the blow dryer before using the brush. This will probably replace my flat iron because number 1, I hate flat ironing, number 2 it took 45min to do my whole head. An hour and a half total for blow drying and straightening. In my opinion I would not be afraid to crank up the heat setting on this brush. I feel like it does not get hot the way a flat iron does. My hair can get straight on 360 using a flat iron but using this it was a sleek blowout look. I also had just recently done a hardcore protein treatment so that could attribute to my hair not getting as straight. I like it and will keep using it. I get my hair sleek enough to trim and it takes less time. My hair is also has a lot of body and swing. Because it is not bone straight I know it is not damaged as well. It fits my needs so a+ from me.

Crap. Definitely getting one.

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
I have this brush and tried it out today. My hair is naptastic and I live in a humid place, so I set it on 450 degrees because anything less and my hair will instantly revert. I was hoping my hair would come out close to flatiron straight but it didn't, and that was disappointing because it's 450 degrees!!! :lol: Nevertheless, it gave me better results than blowdrying ever has. I suck at blowing out my hair and it always looks dry and feels rough and crispy when I'm done. Not to mention it takes me forever and 3 days. With this brush, my hair was soft and fluffy and it only took about 45 minutes or so. It didn't get all the way down to the roots, though. There was a little "new growth" puffiness after using the brush.

I took pictures but they suck super hard because my dumb phone takes the worst pictures in the history of picture taking. In the first one, I tried to show the texture of the front of my head before using the brush. I airdried in twists, then combed it out. It was still really shrunken and poofy before the brush. The next picture is that same section after using the brush. And lastly, a sucky picture that attempts to show the final result.

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
@tiffers

What products did you use?
Yesterday, I washed and steamed. Used SSI Coconut something or other Leave-In and Jakaela Silky Oil :love: and let it airdry overnight. Today, before brushing, I used some ORS Olive Oil Heat Protectant and Ultra Sheen Creme Satin Press that I've been having for about 29 years now. :lol: This jar will last forever.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Yesterday, I washed and steamed. Used SSI Coconut something or other Leave-In and Jakaela Silky Oil :love: and let it airdry overnight. Today, before brushing, I used some ORS Olive Oil Heat Protectant and Ultra Sheen Creme Satin Press that I've been having for about 29 years now. :lol: This jar will last forever.

@tiffers
I've had mine about that long too.:laugh:

I think your results came out decent. I will keep playing around with it, until I find the right products and improve my technique.

I used:
CJ Smoothing Conditioner & CJ Smoothing Lotion
Aphogee Green Tea Restructurizer & a couple drops of Pure Argan Oil

I'll use something totally different next time.