Rollersetters: Do You Use a Hot Air Brush to Straighten Roots?

Lady Esquire

Rollersetters, stand up!

I have been on a mission to perfect my rollerset results. My biggest problem these days is straightening the roots. I purchased a blow dryer, and both a round and a paddle brush. However, I am not dexterous enough to hold the blowdryer in one hand, brush in another, while spraying the water on the roots. :wallbash:

Pokahontas posted a pic in her fotki of a hot air brush. It blows air while brushing. :thought: Before I run out to purchase this, what are your experiences with straightening your roots with a hot air brush?

Last edited:

luvmesumhair

Rollersetters, stand up!

I have been on a mission to perfect my rollerset results. My biggest problem these days is straightening the roots. I purchased a blow dryer, and both a round and a paddle brush. However, I am not dexterous enough to hold the blowdryer in one hand, brush in another, while spraying the water on the roots. :wallbash:

Pokahontas posted a pic in her fotki of a hot air brush. It blows air while brushing. :thought: Before I run out to purchase this, what are your experiences with straightening your roots with a hot air brush?
Well for me it is a no no.:nono: I have the one with the brush and when I was doing it, a lot of hair was breaking off. So I decided to flat iron my roots with a 1 inch flatiron. After using protection on that part of course:yep:

lana

I would love to find an alternative to blow drying, but I'm texlaxed (4a), will rollersetting actually work for me? Can someone please let me know? :ohwell:

MiWay

I tried it with my hot air brush, and it didn't really work well. While my roots were more manageable, they reverted back to frizzy very fast...like an hour later. The blowdryer is much more effective for me. I haven't tried flat ironing.

FindingMe

I just recently got one and I like it. It's made by Revlon and has two size barrels. Both are ceramic metal barrels with the stiff bristles poking out. It works great for me right now, but I am also only about 3 weeks post relaxer and it just glides right through my hair. It actually creates a curl-like bend in my hair when I use it and separates my roots well. I like it.

Lady Esquire

FindingMe, I am glad to see its working for somebody. I took a chance and bought one on sale: the Revlon Perfect Heat Ceramic Hot Air Styler Dryer. It has 2 interchangeable ceramic barrels, one is 1-inch, and the other is 1-1/2-inch. I will update with my results.

chebaby

i've never used a hot air brush but my question is why are you spraying water on the roots after it's been roller set? when i got to the dominicans they don't do that.