Aphogee Green Tea Reconstructor: your thoughts?

JulietWhiskey

Darkside of the moon
Hi, Ladies!

Anyone use the Aphogee Green Tea Reconstructor? I'm looking for a monthly protein boost to fortify my fine, 4a, natural strands and was wondering if this would be a good product.

If you don't like Aphogee Green Tea Reconstructor, do you have any suggestions for a moderate-heavy protein product without 'cones?

TIA!

leona2025

I use this whenever I flat iron. I love it. I feel like it gives me a little extra protection against the heat, but I'm probably wrong. It does seem to add strength.

westNDNbeauty

From that same line of products, the 2 Minute Keratin (not 2 Step) would be a good choice for a boost of protein.

I've used the green tea for flat ironing/blow drying as well.

Naturae

I just started using this stuff 3 weeks ago. BEST impulsive purchase decision I've ever made. lol I love it. My hair is naturally very thin and I find that it's strengthened and seems to thicken the strands to a noticeable degree. It's perfect for instantly combating that mushy - too much moisture effect after a retouch or moisture co-wash and works well as a staple leave-in for your moisture/protein balance. I give it two thumbs up!

cutenss

I also use it when I flatiron my natural, fine strands. And when I don't. Its good stuff :yep:

discodumpling

Love the green tea for a weightless flatiron job! It's no secret around here that Aphogee Green Tea is a a great product. I also have very fine coarse, kinky, nappy!

MrsJaiDiva

Embracing the Light
Used to love it when I was relaxed for flat ironing. I find that my natural hair likes a stronger protein tho.

JulietWhiskey

Darkside of the moon
Thanks to everyone who replied!

Ok, now for the ladies that love this product: how do you use it as a leave-in?

I never flat iron my hair so I would use this after I took down my bun, sprayed it on my hair then sealed with my grease. Is this a good way to use it?

And should I use it every night or alternate it with a milder protein like Giovanni Nutrafix or a leave-in with no protein like Nature's Gate Aloe Condish?

I hate to be such a bugaboo newbie but I'm curious yet cautious about adding this to my reggie!

TIA!

LightEyedMami

I just started using this stuff 3 weeks ago. BEST impulsive purchase decision I've ever made. lol I love it. My hair is naturally very thin and I find that it's strengthened and seems to thicken the strands to a noticeable degree. It's perfect for instantly combating that mushy - too much moisture effect after a retouch or moisture co-wash and works well as a staple leave-in for your moisture/protein balance. I give it two thumbs up!
i agree with the bolded, i use it for this (usually every couple of weeks), i am a natural who is protein sensitive but the only 2 products i can use that works and doesn't make my hair "protein brittle" is green tea reconstructor and Aphogee 2 minute :yep:

virtuenow

Good thread. You've got me interested: does anyone use this on wet hair for wet to dry styles or wet buns? What is the feel? What are the top ingredients?

naturalagain2

Good thread. You've got me interested: does anyone use this on wet hair for wet to dry styles or wet buns? What is the feel? What are the top ingredients?

The directions says "Body or styling heat locks-in treatment". I've used it before blow drying/flat ironing my hair. I can tell a difference when I use it and when I don't. It seems to make my hair feel stronger which means a lot with my fine strands. I've tried it for wet styles and I don't like the way it feels on my hair. I rather use it before heat styling.

JulietWhiskey

Darkside of the moon
Thanks, Ladies!

I think I'll incorporate this product into my bi-weekly reggie by spraying it over my hair, applying my Giovanni Nutrafix DC, sitting under the dryer then detangling and rinsing. I'll use a moisturizing leave-in (no protein) to hydrate my hair and keep it balanced and seal with my grease.

Does this sound good?

discodumpling

It's not a rinse out treatment, so i'm not sure of the benefits of incorporating it into your reggie the way you plan to.

JulietWhiskey

Darkside of the moon
discodumpling

So do you recommend I use it as a spray like once or twice a week? Basically, I'm looking to strenghthen my hair but trying to avoid too much protein which can lead to breakage which can lead to a set-back...

Ya feel me? (in my Scrappy voice)...

NaturalEnigma

I love this leave in. I use it on wet hair, then I apply my moisturizing leave-in, seal with an oil and then I allow my hair to air-dry. My hair is so soft afterwards. I can't keep my hands out of it. I also see less hair in my comb after using it.

Angelinhell

I use it every wash and love it! Keeps my hair shiny and healthy. I too spray this, then apply my creamy leave in, setting lotion, and rollerset. I've never flatironed with it though

JulietWhiskey

Darkside of the moon
Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU ladies!

I'm going to use it directly after every co-wash and DC, apply a creamy leave in and seal with my grease. So I should end up using it once a week which is perfect!

Thanks again, everyone! Next week, I'll report back with my results!

CaliiSwagg

I love it. I use it after each wash right before i moisturize and seal. Keeps my hair strong but soft.

MissTripleChoc

I love this stuff, one of my holy grail products. Even though it has protein it doesn't make my hair hard and tangled like some protein conditioners. It has a really low PH so it helps flatten the cuticle and lock in the moisture after I've deep conditioned. I only use this product when flat ironing my hair. I use it on wet hair which I blow dry on a cool setting, then I add chi silk infusion then flat iron. It makes my hair light, flowing, super shiney with lots of swang!

JulietWhiskey

Darkside of the moon
Ok, so I've been using this product for about 2-3 weeks now and I LOVE IT! I will not be without it, LOL!

I use it after every DC and while it feels "funny" when I spray it on (it foams and makes my hair harder), it immediately softens once I put my leave-in over it. However, I recommend waiting to comb it through the hair after you've used your leave-in because the hair is softer and silkier after the leave-in is applied. But that's just my experience.

My hair is so much stronger and softer and has more curl definition and general "oomph!" to it!

I use it 2x a week and have added this to my reggie!

Your Cheeziness

It's a great product and it really packs a strengthening, yet softening punch. I use it sparingly and only when heat styling. And I just love the pump because it mists the product evenly. I haven't used it in a long time, but I have a bottle in my stash. I find it's best when used with a watery leave in prior to heat styling.