APHOGEE/JOICO

LAYDEE

I've been hearing alot of good things about the Aphogee protein conditioner so im considering adding it to my regimen. but i've also heard good things about Joico K-pak... any suggestions?

Joico uses human hair keratin whereas aphogee uses animal keratin. Human hair keratin is better able to penetrate the hair shaft and fill in the missing protein. I use Joico.

PrincessAvaya said:
Joico uses human hair keratin whereas aphogee uses animal keratin. Human hair keratin is better able to penetrate the hair shaft and fill in the missing protein. I use Joico.

WOW. thanks for the info-i think im going to use joico also. which joico products do you use?

LAYDEE said:
WOW. thanks for the info-i think im going to use joico also. which joico products do you use?

I just use the k-pak reconstructror conditioner. Its my staple protein. I usually use it in conjunction with Nexxus Emergencee. Together, they make my hair feel so strong, like a Furtis Garnier commercial :lol:!

one last question. how often do you use it? i read on LHCF that you should only do a protein conditioner like joico or aphogee every 4-6weeks. is that true?

LAYDEE said:
one last question. how often do you use it? i read on LHCF that you should only do a protein conditioner like joico or aphogee every 4-6weeks. is that true?

Yeah, I do 4-6 weeks too.

I've tried ApHogee intensive keratin (the red bottle) and Joico K-PAK Moisture. I really didn't like the K-PAk...it left my hair kinda hard and tangled. I now pree poo with Aphogee intensive every other wash and it's wonderful. It leaves hair soft and silky and detangled. I've completely halted my breakage since using this incombination with Mizani H2o intense hairdressing. Aphogee intensive is a really great treatment for prepoos, after relaxers and just anytime you need to add strength and manageability to your hair.

Chayil

Back