What’s in your Joico stash?

gemruby41

No not that one. I was eferring to the Moisture recovery Balm. There are two strengths - one for fine hair and the other for thick, coarse hair. Which one of these did you use @gemruby41?
I didn't know the Moisture recovery balm came in different strengths. I have to take a look at the tube.

Autumn~Tint~Of~Gold

Rocking the Casbah
I've been using the K-Pak Intense Hydrator for a month now. This has become a staple. It's really hydrating, and my hair feels soft and smooth after using. I tried the Moisture Recovery Balm, and it makes my hair dry.

That is one of my most used staples. I'd be bald w/out it :lol:

The Recovery balm was too heavy for my hair.

CheChe1881

Yes they do and I also have the one for thick, coarse hair and judging by the reviews, the coarse hair formula is the better of the two.

Do you have a link for the fine hair one? My mom has dry, fine hair.
I google searched and did not see one for fine hair.

Aggie

Do you have a link for the fine hair one? My mom has dry, fine hair.
I google searched and did not see one for fine hair.
I just checked sleekhair.com and they have it listed as out of stock but I know I bought it years ago and felt it was okay on my then fully relaxed hair at the time. I have fine hair but full density.

If your mom needs something that is not so heavy, Keracare Humecto should work well for her.

CheChe1881

I just checked sleekhair.com and they have it listed as out of stock but I know I bought it years ago and felt it was okay on my then fully relaxed hair at the time. I have fine hair but full density.

If your mom needs something that is not so heavy, Keracare Humecto should work well for her.

Ohhh Okay... I thought you meant the balm ..

The one for course hair is called Joico Moisture Recovery Balm ....

The one you're referring to is called Joico Moisture Recovery lotion ....

I honestly didn't know they were supposed to be the same thing for different hair types. Learned something new. I guess if I ever see it, I'll pick it up. Oh and I'll check out the Keracare. Thanks a bunch!!!

Aggie

Ohhh Okay... I thought you meant the balm ..

The one for course hair is called Joico Moisture Recovery Balm ....

The one you're referring to is called Joico Moisture Recovery lotion ....

I honestly didn't know they were supposed to be the same thing for different hair types. Learned something new. I guess if I ever see it, I'll pick it up. Oh and I'll check out the Keracare. Thanks a bunch!!!

It's called a treatment lotion because it's lighter than the treatment balm. Balms are thicker and heavier than lotions. The treatment lotion is formulated for fine hair so that it won't get weighed down.

Balms on the other hand are formulated for thicker hair because it can handle the weight of the balm. That's actually the difference between the two but they are both treatments formulated specifically for these two hair textures.

By the way, you're welcome on the Keracare Humecto. It really does leave the hair nice and flowy. It leaves so much bounce in my hair when I use it.

gemruby41

The MRB I have is the one for thick/course hair. It's to thick for my hair. The Intense Hydrator is lighter and leaves my hair more moisturized.

Aggie

My review of the Joico 17 Minute hair Repair System - All I can say is I love it, I love it a lot. I started my having my hair parted in 4 quadrants and washed each section at a time, wash it out, then moved on to the next step, etc...until I was done.

-I started with the clarifying shampoo and it felt wonderful going on, even a little bit moisturizing but you can tell it's a clarifying shampoo as soon as you wash it out leaving behind nice and squeaky clean scalp and hair. I used it after an egg prepoo I had on my hair for about an hour. I have a 10.9 oz bottle of this but now I think I need to get the large bottle of it. I love the effect it had on my hair - clean but not stripped.

-Then I followed the poo up with the Cuticle Sealer. It sud up a tiny bit but felt strangely strengthened but soft. It felt softer than the FPSP felt on my hair. I noticed that after washing it out, my hair felt less tangled especially since I haven't detangled my hair in a week. This is a HIT for me. I will be using this often. Only left it in for the 5 minutes recommended in the instructions.

-Then I used the Deep Penetrating Reconstructor - I wasn't expecting much from this since it was so watery but that was a mistake because this made my little curls really pop. Now at this point, my hair really isn't tangling around each other. It left my hair feeling pretty strong too and already a HIT and to be repurchased when I run low. I only left it on my hair for 5 minutes per the instructions.

-Lastly, the Intense Hydrator was absolutely divine. I cannot be without this one. I haven't used the Moisture recovery Balm as yet but if it's anything like this, I'm in trouble. The PJ in me is gonna want multiples of this stuff. I use my comb for the first time during this whole process right here and it glided effortlessly through my hair. I did not use heat for any of these steps and the 5 minutes recommended in the instructions while I was in the shower.

nymane

My review of the Joico 17 Minute hair Repair System - All I can say is I love it, I love it a lot. I started my having my hair parted in 4 quadrants and washed each section at a time, wash it out, then moved on to the next step, etc...until I was done.

-I started with the clarifying shampoo and it felt wonderful going on, even a little bit moisturizing but you can tell it's a clarifying shampoo as soon as you wash it out leaving behind nice and squeaky clean scalp and hair. I used it after an egg prepoo I had on my hair for about an hour. I have a 10.9 oz bottle of this but now I think I need to get the large bottle of it. I love the effect it had on my hair - clean but not stripped.

-Then I followed the poo up with the Cuticle Sealer. It sud up a tiny bit but felt strangely strengthened but soft. It felt softer than the FPSP felt on my hair. I noticed that after washing it out, my hair felt less tangled especially since I haven't detangled my hair in a week. This is a HIT for me. I will be using this often. Only left it in for the 5 minutes recommended in the instructions.

-Then I used the Deep Penetrating Reconstructor - I wasn't expecting much from this since it was so watery but that was a mistake because this made my little curls really pop. Now at this point, my hair really isn't tangling around each other. It left my hair feeling pretty strong too and already a HIT and to be repurchased when I run low. I only left it on my hair for 5 minutes per the instructions.

-Lastly, the Intense Hydrator was absolutely divine. I cannot be without this one. I haven't used the Moisture recovery Balm as yet but if it's anything like this, I'm in trouble. The PJ in me is gonna want multiples of this stuff. I use my comb for the first time during this whole process right here and it glided effortlessly through my hair. I did not use heat for any of these steps and the 5 minutes recommended in the instructions while I was in the shower.

Great reviews! I have a closet full of Joico products and now I feel like I need the Cuticle Sealer too haha.

The Intense Hydrator is my forever staple DC, and I find that the results are cumulative, so it gets better with continued use. The MRB is pretty awesome too, but I get a tad more slip and shine from the IH. The Reconstructor is sooooo effective (the strengthening effect lasts for up to 25 shampoos according to Joico website).

....and I'm not trying to be an enabler but you should try their Color Therapy Conditioner; the slip, moisture and strength is out of this world. I use it as a cowash

IronButterfly

Joico groupy reporting for duty, sir! Oh my, I've never been gaga over one product line like I am for Joica. The MR conditioner and me arelikethis! Instant softness and detangle-ness like I"ve never seen.

I have something from both the Kpak and MR lines and so far, I love everything.

Has anyone tried both the Reconstructor and the Revitaluxe? I just ordered the Revitaluxe last night because it kept calling my name and I already have the Reconstructor. Just wondering if they feel different on the hair.

Aggie

Great reviews! I have a closet full of Joico products and now I feel like I need the Cuticle Sealer too haha.

The Intense Hydrator is my forever staple DC, and I find that the results are cumulative, so it gets better with continued use. The MRB is pretty awesome too, but I get a tad more slip and shine from the IH. The Reconstructor is sooooo effective (the strengthening effect lasts for up to 25 shampoos according to Joico website).

....and I'm not trying to be an enabler but you should try their Color Therapy Conditioner; the slip, moisture and strength is out of this world. I use it as a cowash
OK will look into getting the color therapy conditioner. Thanks hon

Aggie

Joico groupy reporting for duty, sir! Oh my, I've never been gaga over one product line like I am for Joica. The MR conditioner and me arelikethis! Instant softness and detangle-ness like I"ve never seen.

I have something from both the Kpak and MR lines and so far, I love everything.

Has anyone tried both the Reconstructor and the Revitaluxe? I just ordered the Revitaluxe last night because it kept calling my name and I already have the Reconstructor. Just wondering if they feel different on the hair.
I believe @MileHighDiva has. She can give you a review of it

Aggie

Finally ordered this (bolded) a few of days ago and it already shipped so I should get it maybe by the middle of next week.

Last edited: