Aphogee Line

Jada

Does anyone use the whole aphogee line? just curious I am thinking about using it exclusively..

texasqt

I do! I do! I do! but semi-exclusively. The majority of their products are protein-based so I use other products to get my moisture.

I have both shampoos (damaged hair -protein and evening primrose - moisturizing) that I alternate weekly.

I use the two minute reconstructor before neutralizing my perm and sometimes when I wash my hair with the evening primrose poo (or a "deeper" protein conditioner). When I wash with the damaged hair poo, I use a moisturizing conditioner from another product line, currently Loreal's deep moisture conditioner.

I use the protein treatment for damaged hair 6 and 12 weeks post relaxer. My current stretch is 13 weeks.

I have the leave in conditioner - use depending on how my hair feels (protein) or I use 911 Leave in for Extra Dry Hair (moisturizing).

My hair laughs at the balancing moisturizer - although I own a bottle of that too. I use when I do the treatment, but I find myself using something else in addition to it to get my hair soft.

I also have the gloss therapy (hadn't used much yet), keratin green tea reconstructor (almost gone - protein, use depending on how hair feels - mainly after relaxing), styling mousse (use to use to tame my wavy human hair braids, but will be trying on edges when I roller set and/or on hair for roller setting to check out the results), hot oil treatment (have but haven't needed to use yet), and gel (reminds me of JAM-doesn't really harden).

I couldn't find the Essential Fatty Oils Concentrate but its mostly for skin care.

I'm experimenting with using this one product line because I believe the makers of any line develop their products to work together. You just have to pay attention to how your hair reacts and what your hair may be lacking. I picked Aphogee because I remembered having healthy hair in college just from using the shampoo for damaged hair and the protein treatment. And for me its just easier to have a base product line to add to rather than trying to keep up with a whole bunch of different products.

Last edited:

fattyfatfat

I use the Aphogee line too. I like it a lot. My hair also doesnt like the Balancing Moisturizer (if anyone would like it, please PM me). My hair likes the Shampoo and the treatment for damaged hair (the one that you have to blow dry and it makes your hair hard).

preciousjewel76

When I started on my healthy hair journey a couple of weeks ago, I purchased several Aphogee products: the shampoo for damaged hair, balancing moisurizer, and 2-minute reconstructor. My experience:

• My hair HATED the shampoo :mad: - the SLS (or whatever derivative they used) made my hair feel like tangly, wet straw. Now I've learned to avoid any poos with sulfates, so I guess in the end that was a good lesson to learn.
  • The balancing moisturizer - a great big "meh". Didn't seem to do too much good, but didn't seem to harm my hair either. I may give it another shot. I'm still not even sure if this is a traditional "conditioner" or not, but there are better products out there.
  • The 2-minute reconstructor is a keeper. I think this is a good "light" protein treatment. I originally bought it to help get my hair in shape after a relaxer that overprocessed my tresses.
Overall verdict: :ohwell: Some decent products, I'm sure, but I didn't get great results. Fortunately, the products aren't all that expensive (I paid about $5 for each item at a BSS). HTH!

gloomgeisha

I use Aphogee's Keratin and Green Tea Restucterizer as a spray on leave in. It makes my coils pop and provides light protein.

I use the Pro-Vitamin Leave In before protective styles. Interestingly enough it contains the same Muccopolysachrides as Surge Plus 14.

I love the Essential Fatty Acid Oil Concentrate and use it as a hot oil treatment. If I put that stuff on my already capable of frying chicken skin, it would be disastrous. I mix it with Olive or Coconut Oil and apply for about an hour, I think my hair has done better because of it.

I also liked the Keratin Reconstructor when I was relaxed, but for some reason it doesn't work for me now.