Aphogee Treatment & Relaxer touch-up

Laginappe

Hi everyone,

I applied my first Aphogee Treatment earlier this week and I can see that it does a great job of helping to stop breakage. I was having a lot of breakage and its slowed down significantly. I have some questions for the experts here though.

I know this treatment is supposed to be used every six weeks. I’m wondering if it would be ok to use it before the six week mark? Say at two or three weeks if I’m still seeing some breakage? I think my hair was a little more stressed than I realized while wearing extensions and I’m trying to get it back in shape. I followed the treatment with the Aphogee Balancing Moisturizer which seemed to work ok. I also did an application of Elasta QP DPR-11 too. So far so good.

Also, is it ok to do the Aphogee Treatment say a week before you do a relaxer touchup? I’m wondering if the treatment would help strengthen the hair for the relaxer – or is it just better to do it after the relaxer? What is the best way to “prep” the hair the week or so prior to doing a touch-up?

Thanks.

Islandgirl

Hi, my hairdresser is going to use the Aphogee treatment on my hair every two weeks. I think its ok if you do the procedure properly or have a professional do it for you. (Last fall, when I had severe breakage after a bad relaxer, I went to this hairdresser every week for the KeraCare super reconstructor for four weeks (she suggested it upon seeing the condition of my hair), my hair didn't dry out because she did moisturizing afterwards. I really don't understand the drying effect/protein overload, so I just have a stylist do it. But as soon as I learn what I am supposed to do, I am going to do it myself).