Does APHOGEE Treatment for Damaged Hair STOP BREAKAGE & What to use AFTERWARDS (???)

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
I'm thinking about getting Aphogee Treatment for the next time I wash my hair. I plan on doing rollersets for a while since they work for me and I like how they look on my hair (I change up so much). When I did a rollerset Friday night of last week, I got a little bit of breakage. I used a wide tooth comb the whole time! I was wondering if Aphogee Treatment stops breakage significantly (maybe get 2-5 broken hairs instead of 15-20)??? And what do I need to use right after using Aphogee Treatment? Is it the Balancing Moisturizer??? Thanks in advance!!!

esoterica

Re: Does APHOGEE Treatment for Damaged Hair STOP BREAKAGE & What to use AFTERWARDS (?

You need to use the balancing moisturiser by aphogee after the treatment. thats what it says on the back of the bottle anyway. usually, this isnt enough though, so i did a deep treatment with ORS Mayo for about 2 hours with a plastic cap and a little heat from the blow dryer and my hair came out great. for once it felt really strong even though it was wet. this was after taking out a weave i had for 2 months. im feeling happy right now cause i bought the 16oz treatment and got a free 8oz balancing moisturiser and 8oz keratin& green tea spray! good luck with your hair :D

L

lkg4healthyhair

You will need a moisturizing conditioner after Aphoghee. The balancing conditioner or Humectress or something to bring the moisture back into the hair.

In the past when I used Aphoghee (years ago) I used the balance moist. for at least 5 mins.

onepraying

Healthy Hair Quest..
I've never used the balancing moisturizer. I've always used a moisturizing deep conditioner like CPR with evoo added under a dryer or overnight.

~op~

Poohbear

THANKS LADIES!!! :kiss: I'm going to buy some samples from Sally's or a BSS before I do this treatment on Friday or Saturday! :yep:

I'm also wondering does this treatment significantly stop breakage? Like after you use the treatment, do you hardly get any breakage when you go about styling your hair??? :confused:

zigzag1

This is where I was going wrong:( I was not deep conditioning afterwards. Thanks for posting this thread Poohbear and the replies asphyixxia, onepraying and lkg4healthyhair;)

Leshia

Yanno, I did an aphogee and still had a few broken hairs after using the balancing moisturizer. I'm wondering though, if I had protein overload because I did motions cpr with oil a few days prior and CHowse's conditioner a few days after. Hmmmm....I'm finding it a task to get my hair really soft at this point but nothing breaks until I get to the very end of my hair, about an inch up. Now you've really got me thinking...

Poohbear

Leshia said:
Yanno, I did an aphogee and still had a few broken hairs after using the balancing moisturizer. I'm wondering though, if I had protein overload because I did motions cpr with oil a few days prior and CHowse's conditioner a few days after. Hmmmm....I'm finding it a task to get my hair really soft at this point but nothing breaks until I get to the very end of my hair, about an inch up. Now you've really got me thinking...
Yeah, I think you had protein overload since you did a treatment a few days before doing Aphogee. After joining this forum, I've only used a light protein treatment Elasta QP Breakage Control Serum. When I used it up, I didn't buy anymore. I've never done a hardcore protein treatment and feel that I may need to. My hair is already really soft when it's dry, but the next time I do a rollerset, I want very little to no breakage from combing each section of my hair before rolling it up, so I think a hardcore treatment will do the trick. :yep:

msmerc

I just did the Aphogee Treatment this weekend. I could really feel the difference in my hair right after the treatment. My hair felt so much stronger and heavier than before. I actually followed with NTM Shampoo and deep conditioned with NTM Mask. My hair was so soft. I went from having about twenty broken hairs down to maybe five. I plan to make this a staple. My only complaint is the smell.

Poohbear

msmerc said:
I just did the Aphogee Treatment this weekend. I could really feel the difference in my hair right after the treatment. My hair felt so much stronger and heavier than before. I actually followed with NTM Shampoo and deep conditioned with NTM Mask. My hair was so soft. I went from having about twenty broken hairs down to maybe five. I plan to make this a staple. My only complaint is the smell.
Thanks for your review! Your hair looks great in your avatar! :yep:

Dare~to~Dream

I always use Kenra Moisturizing Shampoo before {or some other moisturizing shampoo} and follow the Aphogee Treatment with Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner {left on for an hour or less and covered with a plastic cap}. It works great for me. I did Aphogee treatments every 6 weeks and my hair got used to it...I could tell when the six weeks was up {I marked it on my calendar} because my hair started shedding/breaking a little. Now when I use the treatment I incorporate Sebastians Colourshines Clear for even better results. It's still important to apply moisturizers just in case the moisturizing conditioner{s} didn't balance the protein out.

msmerc

Thanks Poohbear!! I combed my hair this morning and no hairs in the comb or anywhere. First time ever I have no breakage.

Poohbear

DelightfulFlame said:
When you are fully natural, be very careful with this stuff Poohbear. It was a horrible experience for me on fully natural hair!
Oh okay! ;) I probably will not be using any protein treatments on my completely natural hair. I'm just gonna buy samples of the Aphogee Treatment and Aphogee Balancing to use on my hair as a one time deal. :yep:

HWAY

Lanelle,

How does the SSebastian Colorshines Clear make the Aphogee Treareatment work better?

Dare~to~Dream

Poohbear said:
Oh okay! ;) I probably will not be using any protein treatments on my completely natural hair. I'm just gonna buy samples of the Aphogee Treatment and Aphogee Balancing to use on my hair as a one time deal. :yep:

It's works fine on my natural hair...my hair likes protein for some reason so I use it every six weeks faithfully {unless I'm in braid extensions}.

VelvetRain

Poohbear You may do better with Emergencee instead of aphogee. I personally don't like aphogee because it made my hair break more instead of stopping it. I am convinced aphogee is just too strong for some hair types.

Poohbear

michelle3147 said:
Poohbear You may do better with Emergencee instead of aphogee. I personally don't like aphogee because it made my hair break more instead of stopping it. I am convinced aphogee is just too strong for some hair types.
Well, I didn't want to buy a whole bottle of stuff without trying a sample. Does Emergencee products have samples???

brickhouse

Pooh, my hair just does not like Aphogee. It also made my hair break more. I still continue to use it because I thought it was just me but it wasn't. I purchased some Emergencee from the Walmart salon and use it with my tabletop steamer and I love the results.

VelvetRain

You can find it for about 15 bucks at Trade Secrets for a small bottle. I know the bigger bottle exsists but I believe it's around 40 or so bucks. It depends on where you get it. I have never seen emergencee at any walmart near me. There are a few online vendors that carry it in case you can't find it locally.

Dia

Re: Does APHOGEE Treatment for Damaged Hair STOP BREAKAGE & What to use AFTERWARDS (?

When you are fully natural, be very careful with this stuff Poohbear. It was a horrible experience for me on fully natural hair!

Ditto! When I was natural my hair slapped me for putting this stuff in it. What worked for my natural hair was doing everything in the ApHogee line, except I replaced the hard protein with pure egg and let that air dry on my head till it got hard. Followed with the 2 minute, and ORS pak every 6 weeks. I think chemically treated hair can deal with chemicals, natural hair=natural stuff (IMO).

mariofmagdal

Glad you posted this. I wanted to try it, I just used the 2min reconstructor and shampoo followed by keratin spray for the first time and I absolutely loved the results. I probably don't need any more than that. I am fully natural.

Iluvsmuhgrass

OT: My hair hates it and I'm relaxed. :look: I really wanted to like it too.

keysha1983

You need to use the balancing moisturiser by aphogee after the treatment. thats what it says on the back of the bottle anyway. usually, this isnt enough though, so i did a deep treatment with ORS Mayo for about 2 hours with a plastic cap and a little heat from the blow dryer and my hair came out great. for once it felt really strong even though it was wet. this was after taking out a weave i had for 2 months. im feeling happy right now cause i bought the 16oz treatment and got a free 8oz balancing moisturiser and 8oz keratin& green tea spray! good luck with your hair :D
right on!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beautyangel

What i do is:

Mix of Kenra Mc and Elucence mb, avocado oil and honey.
DC with heat 15 to 30 min.

But like the other ladies said: be careful with your natural hair, the 2 min might be sufficient, then DC with a moist combo.

HTH.

Cleve_gryl

I have relaxed, highlighted hair. I love this stuff, can't go without it!! The Balancing Conditioner wasn't enough after. I always do the homegrown steam treatment with something like Kenra MC or AO HSR.

BonBon

I have fine hair and aphogee has caused me more breakage in the past but now I just mix it 1/2 with a normal conditioner. Seems to work fine:yep:

Ronnieaj

I'm fully natural and use it every six weeks with excellent results. I follow with the Balancing Moisturizer for 10 minutes and then a deep conditioner for another 20-30. My natural hairs lurves it!