****APL BY THE END OF 2008 CHALLENGE****

kweenameena

This is an extension of the APL in 2008 thread. I know that a lot of us didn't know that it ended on March 31st. So you can rejoin the APL challenge here.
I'm referring to this thread:
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=120290

Rules:

1. Post your starting point now
2. When you think you'll reach APL
3. And what you are doing to get there
4. Take pics on/around the check in points
5. Once a week-send an encouraging PM to another challenger. Please don't pick the same person everyone week.
Perhaps you could send them a valuable hair tip, a recipe to a growth aid, a compliment about their progress so far, or just a good job for hanging in there.
6. If you have setbacks, come back to this thread to regain focus and find encouragement. We are all here to support each other no matter what!!!!! Your sisters always have your back.

Check In Dates
#1-May 31st-done
#2-July 31st http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?p=5180845#post5180845

#3-Sept 30th
#4-Nov 30th
Final-Jan 2nd (For those of us who want to have a big reveal for the New Year)

Let's Do It!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
I'm currently CollarBone Length. Although I did trim my hair yesterday so I might be SL again.:ohwell:

Hopefully I'll reach APL by July or sometime before the end of the summer.

I give up on protective styles but I will be doing a low heat/flexi rod/rollerset regimen/low manipulation challenge

I was in on the other thread and I too did not know it ended on 3/31, so please count me in on this one. My goal is to reach APL by 8/31/08.

SO IT APPEARS THE TWO CHALLENGES ARE JOINING FORCES. SINCE THIS ONE WAS FIRST, IT'S ONLY FAIR. So...

I'm down. I am one of the many that thought it was a year-round challenge. My beginning stage is in my avitar. I'm switching my routine now and trying to see if I wash less will I have less shedding.

Currently I am
1.on the OVATION CHALLENGE

Going to...
1. start Ekomba/Den1's vitamin regimen in April
2. eventually texlax (depending on whether I decide to wait until my goal)
3. either get a weave or braids for the summer
4. buy a steamer

I'm in!!

Relaxed SL
MTG 1-2 times/wk
Wash and DC 1-2 times/wk
Moisturize twice/day with ORS Carrot Oil and seal with EVOO

I'm in!

I'm barely shoulder length now, but I hope to be APL by my birthday, in Nov. And I plan on wiggin' my way to APL. :grin:

Attachments

• DSC00045-vi.jpg
    DSC00045-vi.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 25
Ok I posted in the other thread but it's been moved to here, so count me in I need just 1 freakin inch to make armpit, I'm in braids right now, so I don't have a starting pic. Hopefully by dec. I can be a full armpit.

I'm currently CollarBone Length. Although I did trim my hair yesterday so I might be SL again.:ohwell:

Hopefully I'll reach APL by July or sometime before the end of the summer.

I give up on protective styles but I will be doing a low heat/flexi rod/rollerset regimen/low manipulation challenge

I'm in on this challenge. I'm collar bone length now. Hoping to reach APL by 12/31/08. I do protective styles and wash & DC 2xs a week.

I am at shoulder length

I dont wear protective styles. I go to the salon every two weeks i am hoping to be APL by August.

Last edited:
Almost shoulder length. About to start the Ovation Challenge. Hoping to reach apl by end of the year. Please count me in.

Count me in.
I don't know what is my current lenght now... Am I SL? Please help me ladies..
I think I'll be APL by the end of the year, I will :
- wear protective style
- moisture and seal
- DC once a week
- take my vits

Attachments

• back 30mars 08.jpg
    back 30mars 08.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 15
I want in on this challenge:yep:

ETA:

I do have a few strands touching APL but I am not claiming it as I need a trim BADLY!

So hopefully by Dec 08 I will be FULL APL!

Last edited:
Oh, I didn't know it ended already. I thought it didn't finish till the end of the year....Well, I guess I'm still in....

I'm In! :grin: I need 2.5 more inches for APL

I took down my twists after 7 weeks and I'm excited about my progress. I hope to be there by September/October 2008. I'm also transitioning. :spinning:

Regimen:
1. Weave or Kinky twists until September with 1-2 weeks breaks in between installs
2. Wash and DC every 2 weeks
3. While in Twists I'll follow the Crown and Glory Technique
4. Use my daily homemade spritz (Distilled Water, Glycerin, Lavender Oil, Castor Oil, Light Conditioner or Moisturizer)
5. AO HSR, AO GPB, ORS Repl Packs, Coconut Oil, Castor Oil, Elucence Poo and Conditioner will be my staples

HHG!

I'm in!! I'm past shoulder length now... I'm hoping for APL by October. Usually I either airdry/flat iron/ put in bun or co-wash a few times a week and bun it up...during the summer I'm hoping to do some braids or a weave this summer so I can stop obsessing over how much (or little) my hair is growing...

I was in both challenges I think but would still like to participate in this one. I think I made it in March, but I want to be FULL APL comfortably, without scraggly ends...LOL!! So count me back in as well.:yep:

I'm in! Right now I'm about an inch from APL and I'm giving myself till my birthday on July 12, which is (hopefully) more than enough time.

To get there: I'm stretching relaxers, deep conditioning twice a week, rollersetting when I wash, baggying at night, wearing protective styles and limiting direct heat to 4 x's a year :yep:

I'm in and I have learned not to set crazy goals. My goal is FULL APL by 12/31/2008. That is more than enough time. I'm currently just below shoulders.

tt8 could you please post Ekomba/Den1's vitamin regimen - Thx!

Last edited:
Sign me up too. Right now I am shoulder-length. I think I can make it to APL by the end of the year, it might be December 31st but I really think I can make it. I plan to wear protective styles most of the time, primarily twists and occasional twist-outs. I will deep condition and redo the twists on a weekly basis. I also plan to massage my scalp on a more regular basis and to use MN as well. I think I'll do my hair tonight and will try to post a beginning pic tonight or tomorrow. I have one small section of my hair in the front that is actually about one inch from APL so I am optimistic that the rest will follow.

Here are my starting pics:

back2.JPG

nape.JPG

Last edited:
I have a few strands touching APL but I want full APL in the back by the end of Summer. APL ain't no joke ..but I'm an overcomer !!!!:grin:

COUNT ME IN!

I'm all over this! Count me in!

Cowashing 2x a week
wash and dc once a week
MTG
baggy
Also the Wig Challenge until the end of the year!

2369706051_84977bb042_m.jpg

Here is my starting point! Lets do this ladies!:dance7:

I'm joining in too! I've been braided for 2 years now so I don't have any pics now...my plan is to take these braids out by next week so I should have pics by then!

Back