Apl 2016 Challenge

Wenbev

Thanks for the bump @Wenbev. Yesterday I washed my hair for the first time since henna 10 days ago. I used diluted protein condtioner (MCBJ) on my ends and nape and followed with diluted AOWC.
Then I clay washed my hair.

My mum gave me some Aloe leaves so I peeled and crushed one, and poured the juice over scalp and hair after I rinsed the clay. Still waiting for my hair to dry this morning but making the juice myself didn't lead to immediately hard hair, like the bottled stuff usually does.

I'll wear it down today so it can dry and put it up in a banana clip later.
@AbsyBlvd what kind of aloe vera gel were you using in the past? Alot of the "natural" aloe gels are full of alcohol.

NefertariBlu

It your hair dry like hard/straw like? Or super soft in that area?
It's neither. It feels like the rest of my hair, which feels moisturised.

I did a deep trim a couple of weeks ago and I realised that the difference in length back there is more like 4 inches shorter than the rest. I'm completely baffled as to why.

I've put a single corn row at the nape as that seems to be struggle city too. It's thinner and more fragile there.

I'm just going to pay a lot more attention to it.

NefertariBlu

You know, I've gone through my "progress pics" from 2014 and I realise this I have struggled with my nape FOREVER! It never grows more than a couple of inches and then breaks off.

The best year was 2014 where I reached APL. I still had a few issues with breakage on the ends and back of my hair but it was healthier.

I know what I was doing. I mainly wore extention braids and washed my hair with SM shampoo or clay masques.

When I really think about it the back of my nape does get really dry but the middle of it doesn't which I find weird. It's two textures back there. Coarse in the corners and fragile in the middle.

The first pic of the side by side is my hair in May and the second pic is a couple of weeks ago. So it's broken off again.

There were a few hairs there and now I've gone back to a broken off nape.

See why this is frustrating?

Attachments

• Collage 2016-11-17 04_42_47.jpg
    Collage 2016-11-17 04_42_47.jpg
    410 KB · Views: 32
  • 20160509_165622.jpg
    20160509_165622.jpg
    382.8 KB · Views: 28
  • 20160509_165733.jpg
    20160509_165733.jpg
    513.2 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

GGsKin

@AbsyBlvd what kind of aloe vera gel were you using in the past? Alot of the "natural" aloe gels are full of alcohol.

I tried shop bought natural aloe vera juice. It was so bitter it was hard to drink. But when I tried it on my hair (various ways) that stuff made my hair so hard I thought it wasn't for me. Now I know I just need the real thing, with nothing added at all:yep:.

Wenbev

cowash today, hair is still retaining great moisture and very little shed after detangling in the shower. Cowashed with the now extinct honey conditioning rinse from SSI and conditioned with some Ojon hyrdrating conditioner. Tshirt dried and used SSI baobab shake and SSI honey castor and twisted in ten. Was going out last night and hair wasnt fully dry at roots so I used the diffuser to fully dry my twists after unraveling.

Wenbev

where is everybody!???!?!!!
Started inverting again, trying to be a unicorn like someone who should have graduated ahem @Aggie ahem.
Anyhow, on day three, will finish the next four days.
Also interested in crochet braids. checking out youtube vids Has anyone here done them, pros? cons?

faithVA

Started inverting again, trying to be a unicorn like someone who should have graduated ahem @Aggie ahem.
Also interested in crochet braids. checking out youtube vids Has anyone here done them, pros? cons?
I'm here. Not much to say. Just waiting until the check in. I will probably start the 2017 challenge tomorrow.

Aggie

:giggle:. i can't help it. I love it in here. I do know that I will have to run to the next level when this one is done in a few weeks though :sad:

EzrasNumberOneFan

TheLORDisMyShepherd
I will be joining the 2017 challenge. Imma need some super growth to reach it but... hey, I'm in the 12 Inches in 12 Months Challenge too so why not amuse the idea? The back is probably hmm... 4 inches away, however the front needs like 9 inches. :alcoholic:Ah, I love anatomy. P.S. I feel bad because every time I log on I'm joining another challenge :lachen:I secretly hope nobody notices that I come onto this site like 5 times a day since joining. :look:

Pygmy_puff

I love, love, love crochet braids! It's a great PS. Your hair is totally protected but your scalp can still breath. It's also cheap and easy to do at home. :D

faithVA

I will be joining the 2017 challenge. Imma need some super growth to reach it but... hey, I'm in the 12 Inches in 12 Months Challenge too so why not amuse the idea? The back is probably hmm... 4 inches away, however the front needs like 9 inches. :alcoholic:Ah, I love anatomy. P.S. I feel bad because every time I log on I'm joining another challenge :lachen:I secretly hope nobody notices that I come onto this site like 5 times a day since joining. :look:
I would rather you log on 5 times a day versus 5 times a year.

You can definitely get your 4 inches next year. We are glad to have you.

EzrasNumberOneFan

TheLORDisMyShepherd
I would rather you log on 5 times a day versus 5 times a year.

You can definitely get your 4 inches next year. We are glad to have you.

Aww thanks :blush2: :rose: Can I ask, Faith, if you are currently NL or if you just haven't updated your siggy in a while? If so, was it because you've been trimming it often? I know you were dusting heavily a while ago. You stood out to me because you struggled with dryness like mine in the old threads. Lol. Sorry I'm asking all up in your hair business.