APL Check-in time

kandegirl

I'm almost there. I say I'd give myself until May to be sure. My hair got a much needed trim after wearing kinky twists, so I lost a little bit. But I'll take a pic of my wet hair when I shampoo it and post the pic.

Aggie

I'm almost there. I say I'd give myself until May to be sure. My hair got a much needed trim after wearing kinky twists, so I lost a little bit. But I'll take a pic of my wet hair when I shampoo it and post the pic.

Thank you for checking in Kandegirl. I hope you make it to APL in May as planned.

Aggie

Need more time. I hope to be APL by the Summer or end of. As my hair grows I sometimes feel like Im losing my mind because of shrinkage--one month it seems to be inching towards my goal then the next couple of months it seems to be inching away from it. I'll be able to see what I have to work with after I do my next length check in April after my relaxer.

I know the feeling Christa438.

Aggie

I can't remember if I joined the challenge or not but I should have. It would be an absolute thrill if I reached APL this year or any other year for that matter:grin: The pic in my siggy is my latest update when I took my sew in out at the salon march 6,2008

At least you have good thickness CP

youwillrise

I know honey, but when a pic is taken down on the forum, it is removed from all the threads on the entire board. In other words, we can go back and check it but it will not be there because it's not here. Do you have a fotki link to put in your siggy? That might be helpful as well.

I'm sorry love, but because there are so many pics on the board I really don't remember what your progress pic looked like.

ahhh.
i get what you're saying.

i just didnt want to overpost the same picture haha.

Here

i have an album that i started (flickr)
but i never posted any pictures
other than one or two a few months ago
i always forget to post to it. haha

jwhitley6

I don't think I'll make it by the 31st. I'm close, though. My hair has just grown super slow this winter. I think I want 2 more inches and a trim before I claim it. I'll post an update pic later.

anon123

Well, it looks like I cut off a little more than I though. :ohwell: but that's okay. i'm not sure why i felt the need to trim, but i did. oh well. I am still there. just that before it was more certain.

are we showing progress pics now? cuz i got 'em. maybe i should wait for a more dramatic reveal.

Aggie

thank you Aggie, I just started TT8's ovation/megatek challenge so I will post updates in late April. Your hair looks great are you sure your not APL already?:grin:

Thanks a lot CP, and yes I am already at APL but I have agreed to monitor the thread until the end of March which will bring us to the end of this cahllenge.

Aggie

Well, it looks like I cut off a little more than I though. :ohwell: but that's okay. i'm not sure why i felt the need to trim, but i did. oh well. I am still there. just that before it was more certain.

are we showing progress pics now? cuz i got 'em. maybe i should wait for a more dramatic reveal.
We'll do the final reveal on March 31st, 2008.

Aggie

I don't think I'll make it by the 31st. I'm close, though. My hair has just grown super slow this winter. I think I want 2 more inches and a trim before I claim it. I'll post an update pic later.

Wow JW, you appear to be so close in your siggy. Thanks for trying and checking in though.

Aggie

Is this the official thread that Nicole1976 started? If so, I'll be back to post in both that I have seen. Aggie are you taking over for Nicole1976 -- I just seem to remember her starting this off and sending the official pms with our check-ins. Just wondering......

Anyway, I will be back to check in with progress pics -- at work now and dont have any new pics uploaded to my laptop yet. See ya later!!
Yes Jazzy413, Nicole has asked me to take the thread over for her and I agreed to monitor the challenge into the finishing line on March 31st.

Aggie

ahhh.
i get what you're saying.

i just didnt want to overpost the same picture haha.

Here

i have an album that i started (flickr)
but i never posted any pictures
other than one or two a few months ago
i always forget to post to it. haha

See, now that's what I'm talking about. You are there honey. Thanks so much for adding the link to your progress pic.

MJ

I'm still in. I'll continue on my own. I thought this challenge would end in December. I won't be posting any reveal pics as I'm in my own hide-your-hair challenge. At the end of the year I'll post pics in the original thread.

Aggie

I'm still in. I'll continue on my own. I thought this challenge would end in December. I won't be posting any reveal pics as I'm in my own hide-your-hair challenge. At the end of the year I'll post pics in the original thread.

That's fine MJ, as this thread ends in a few days.

texasqt

Sorry about the late check in but I'm almost there.
Here's my start pic from last March/April 2007

And my current shot is in my siggy. What I've been doing consistently is stretching my relaxers for 10-12 weeks and doing the daily moisturizing, weekly washing and DC'ing thing. I should be APL for sure sometime during this year!