April 2013..What Did YOU Buy This Week??(Hair Care Edition)

CocoGlow

Also .. does anybody know whether or not Darcy's Botanicals has any other sales during the year besides Black Friday?

Mecca_Goddess

Went to WNHS today and picked up:

Alikay Naturals Organic Mud Wash
NUMA Honeysuckle Kiss Leave-in
Henna Sooq Ayurvedic Strengthening Kit

seemegrow

Went to the WNHS and got
Oyin: Sweet Berries pomade
Burnt Sugar pomade
Hair Dew Leave in
Karens Body Beautiful
Heavenly Jojoba in eqyptian musk and honey oatmeal
Hair gel(free)
Henna Sooq
Indigo and henna ( im scared to use though)

Last edited:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
What does the She Scent It Marshmallow Herbal Hair Cream smell like?

Also can anyone tell me how these other products from She Scent It smell as well?:

Exotic Amazon Pomade
Pomegranate Curl Quenching Conditioner
Macadamia Fixing Gel

@NappyRina

The Exotic Amazon is like a like Grease/Pomade which smells like Sweet Almond (Kinda like Hairveda's Almond Glaze).:lick:

The Marshmallow is 'goopy' if that makes since and even though it's in a Jar it is cross between a Cream and a Lotion and could actually be in a bottle. It is also sweet smelling almost identical to Exotic Amazon.

I thought the Pomegrante smelled/smells like Mango.:yep:

Haven't tried the Gel.

ckisland

@NappyRina

The Exotic Amazon is like a like Grease/Pomade which smells like Sweet Almond (Kinda like Hairveda's Almond Glaze).:lick:

The Marshmallow is 'goopy' if that makes since and even though it's in a Jar it is cross between a Cream and a Lotion and could actually be in a bottle. It is also sweet smelling almost identical to Exotic Amazon.

I thought the Pomegrante smelled/smells like Mango.:yep:

Haven't tried the Gel.
NappyRina , I haven't bought any Shescentit products in 2 years, but I totally agree with IDareT'sHair :yep:. Both are sweet and maybe a little fruity (?). They smell great and not perfumey, because I hate floral or perfume scents :nono:.

sexypebbly

tiffers thanks. I ordered from him some time ago but at that time he only had four things lol. Nice he has more things to choose from. And damn, I wanted those butters :(

CocoGlow

I took advantage of the 25% off sale at SheScentIt and purchased one of each to try for the 1st time:

Coco Creme Leave-in Conditioner
Marshmallow Herbal Hair Cream
Marula Hemp Hair Butter
Macadamia Fixing Gel

*I noticed that her Cutie Pie Leave-in has almost the exact same ingredients as the Coco Creme Leave-in except it does not have Silk Peptide, Fennel & Green Tea Extracts & she switches out the Coconut Cream for Olive Oil in the Kids version....I would have loved to try both to compare but they were out of stock of the Cutie Pie version...any one ever try it?

SEMO

Naturally Silk Elements leave-in cream (x2)

Sally's was out of the As I Am leave-in I'd intended to buy, so I took a chance on a new leave-in since it was on sale (2 for $12). So far, I'm liking the NSE leave-in.

veesweets

I took advantage of the 25% off sale at SheScentIt and purchased one of each to try for the 1st time:

Coco Creme Leave-in Conditioner
Marshmallow Herbal Hair Cream
Marula Hemp Hair Butter
Macadamia Fixing Gel

*I noticed that her Cutie Pie Leave-in has almost the exact same ingredients as the Coco Creme Leave-in except it does not have Silk Peptide, Fennel & Green Tea Extracts & she switches out the Coconut Cream for Olive Oil in the Kids version....I would have loved to try both to compare but they were out of stock of the Cutie Pie version...any one ever try it?

Wow I'm just now noticing they even have a kids line :lol: The hydrating conditioner looks really nice. Might have to try that next time

EnExitStageLeft

g.lo

Its really nice. A bit on the viscous side for a liquid. Its absorbs really nicely and leaves the hair extremely hydrated and moisturize. Its doesn't smooth my hair as much as the Califia spray (My HG Moisturizing Spritz) they have, but the moisture I get from it is awesomesauce. It smells really sweet, but isn't overwhelming and it leave the hair with a nice sweet almost fruity scent.

HTH's:)

g.lo

g.lo

Its really nice. A bit on the viscous side for a liquid. Its absorbs really nicely and leaves the hair extremely hydrated and moisturize. Its doesn't smooth my hair as much as the Califia spray (My HG Moisturizing Spritz) they have, but the moisture I get from it is awesomesauce. It smells really sweet, but isn't overwhelming and it leave the hair with a nice sweet almost fruity scent.

HTH's:)

Thanks a lot, i like the Califa and really wanted to try the aloe as my hair loves aloe! is it as thick as the califa! can't wait for mother day sales!!

myronnie

Amazing Botanicals:

Aloe Mint Spritz (repurchase)

Curl Pack: Pumpkin Pomade, Honey Condish, Aloe Mint Spritz, Hibiscus Gel

EnExitStageLeft

myronnie I got that pack a while ago. I may pull out that DC and see what they talkin' bout :lick:.

g.lo I live for the Califia Spray. I'm sure people tired of me talkin' about it so darn much, but I seriously LOVE that stuff. I only have a handful of HG and thats one of them :yep:.

IDareT'sHair
My order shipped from hairveda, but ummm....WHERE MY MOISTURIZER?! Its been a month and still no word. I'm probably going to have to open a dispute. I sure don't want to, but I think I may have to.

EnExitStageLeft

IDareT'sHair

I ordered this LONGGGG before the sale. Maybe like 2 and 1/2 to 3weeks before the sale even started. I ordered it with the Jardin Oil and Strinillah DC. But when I opened my box, my moisturizer wasn't there :(.

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
My Shescentit and OhSoNatural orders were delivered today. :yay: The owner of BlueRozeBeauty sent me a note saying that she would be shipping my order off today. Now I'm just waiting on my Bel Nouvo. :grin:

cutenss

From Target:

(2) 29pc Goody Ouchless Bands
Two-sided Hair Brush--one side boar bristles/one side plastic denman type bristles
DriSweat Active Wear Headband

myronnie

EnExitStageLeft Did you ever use any of the products in the pack? I heard eh reviews about the Honey Condish..heard it really didn't have slip but it did moisturize! I think the gel is going to be great for twistouts!
I hope it gets here before my cruise..

EnExitStageLeft

@myronnie, sadly I haven't. I actually sold the gel. I have my staple, plus one for styling, plus I really want the CCnatural's Hisbicus Gel :look:. I love the consistencies though. I'm not reeally looking for slip in my DC's. Its a plus, but my Conditioner mix handles all my heavy duty detangling. Also, if you don't mind. Can you inbox me the full ingredient list for the Hair Frappe from Claudies. Your siggy has me cravin' it :lol:. I seriously cannot wait until her sale :yep:.

cutenss

Where you been hidin' girlie? I feel like I haven't seen you post in ages :hug2:.