Are dark hair dyes *that* damaging?

goldensensation

I am really tired of these light auburn streaks that I have in the front of my hair from March of 2005. They've grown out a lot and I just dont like them anymore.:(

Since I am loosely relaxed, I am wondering if going over my hair with a dark hair dye (something gentle like the OLD cream of nature hair color) would be damaging. Dont dark hair dyes just coat?

MizaniMami

Personally, if you are worred about damage I would try a rinse. A rinse is not damaging and all it does is stain the hair strands-the ones I am refering to is no ammonia no peroxide.

Make sure you use a very moisturizing shampoo conditioner afterwards because the hair tends to feel hard afterwards because of the excess color. But once you shampoo it shouldn't feel hard anymore.

goldensensation

MizaniMami said:
Personally, if you are worred about damage I would try a rinse. A rinse is not damaging and all it does is stain the hair strands-the ones I am refering to is no ammonia no peroxide.

Make sure you use a very moisturizing shampoo conditioner afterwards because the hair tends to feel hard afterwards because of the excess color. But once you shampoo it shouldn't feel hard anymore.

So you shampoo immediately after you put in the rinse?

Do you recommend any brands?

MizaniMami

Yeah, I highly recommend shampooing afterwards.

I recommend Jazzings color in the pink little bottles. Every beautician I went to uses this brand. Especially the two beauticians that I trusted!