Are there any naturals here that prefer non-natural hair products?

Do you prefer non-natural products over natural products?

• yes, natural products don't really do anything for my hair

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • no, natural products have changed my life, well, at least my hair

Votes: 11 57.9%

• Total voters

LongHairDreams

I think there should be a "C: It doesn't matter" or "I use them both". Im about to try some natural, homemade stuff. Right now, im using the non-natural. Personally, I don't think because someone has natural hair means they'd rather use natural products. Im using Care Free Curl Gold, glycerin, Hollywood Olive Creme, VO5, creme of nature and a couple of other stuff.

LynnieB

I think there should be a "C: It doesn't matter" or "I use them both". Im about to try some natural, homemade stuff. Right now, im using the non-natural. Personally, I don't think because someone has natural hair means they'd rather use natural products. Im using Care Free Curl Gold, glycerin, Hollywood Olive Creme, VO5, creme of nature and a couple of other stuff.

yea i'm there with ya on this - sorry OP i know you only gave 2 choices.

i prefer more natural products when i wear my hair in natural styles, they just seem to work a little bit better (there's always exceptions though).

If i'm wearing it straight then natural products are just not going to provide adequate protection from the extra manipulation and heat.

felicia

I know that many people use both, but I wanted to know, even if you use both, do you prefer one over the other.

jaiku

I prefer non natural. I'm allergic to coconut and sesame and it seems like every natural product has one, both or some derivative of the two.

JustKiya

Natural - esp. homemade products - for me have a benefit over JUST what they do for my hair, which tends to bump them higher in the hierarchy of things.
I'm also cheap, which means buying ingredients is more my steelo than buying something that is a one-trick pony.....

Do I think my hair would be equally fabulous using all non-natural ingredients? Nope.

Tenacious

I'll be honest, I dont use natural hair products. They are just way too heavy for my hair. Sometimes, I just need a wash, condition and leave-in. I'm already adding oil to my ends and a baggy, so I think that this will contribute to product build-up for me (and a waste of money since I wash daily). I just think that with good care, hair will become more manageable. I can't rely on a natural product to do that for me.

GoingNatural

thanks everyone, anymore responses?

I use all natural products but when i run out of hemp seed butter i use Sunsilk Anti-Frizz or Anti-Poof. I'm trying not to let myself run out of the hempseed so i can stay natural but the Sunsilk has done me well in my times of need.

Ms Lala

I use whatever works! My hair seems to love natural shampoos. But I have products w/mineral oil, silicone, and other stuff. Some of the natural products haven't done much for my hair but I can say the same for alot of the everyday in store products too. So I guess my answer is I use both.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
I dont think i use much natural stuff. but what ever works. some of it is just too expensive for me.

TrustMeLove

Truth is I dont' use that many products. So it's hard for me to vote.
I use commerical conditioners (that's not going to stop), but I use a baking soda shampoo and water mix, and I use naturals oils.

I have a glycerine water mix which is a good moisturizer, but my main moisturizer is definitely commericial.

So, I am in the middle.

nappity

I use both- depending on what Im doing with my hair.
My preference is Natural Products- but I like silicone and mineral oil too

Hair Iam

natural products have changed my life, well, at least my hair, I do use non-natural(MOSTLY CONDITIONING ) but I do rely MAINLY on natural Products.

youwillrise

i guess the only natural product i use is my grapeseed oil

the rest is commercially made with synthetic ingredients and stuff ha.

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
I can't wash my hair with cones while my hair is in twists, cuz my hair is prone to loc'ing.

Natural products + My Puff = :nono::wallbash:

So my preference is for non natural products.

cmesweet

I use both.

I prefer non-natural products because the usually smell good and my hair responds well to them.

natural products usually make my hair crispy or dry looking.

morehairplease

I prefer all natural products but I use mostly commerical products. My goal is to only be using all-natural products by next year on my tresses.

DeepBluSea

I use both. Shampoo and condish don't really matter. But as far as styling, nothing beats my shealoe and natural oils. I have tried using the non-natural stuff but my hair ends up feeling yucky.