Are there really moisture delivering products..

Miosy

without making the hair greasy? I've tried soooooo many products and ultimately they all end up so greasy :mad: The closest I've come to delivering moisture to my ends is elasta qp recovery but if you apply it for 2-3 days it gets a bit oily and heavy.

What do you use to keep your ends moisturize w/o feeling greasy?

Well, for me the only way I avoid greasy hair after applying moisturizer for a couple of days is to deep condition my hair with moisture for as long as possible. I use a noticable lesser amount of moisturizer when I deep condition for 45minutes to an hour verses 20 minutes. I use small dabs of ors olive oil cream in the jar, profectiv growth lotion or elasta qp recovery sealed with a small and I do mean small, like 2-4 drops of castor or kemi oil.

This is the reason why I use my leave-in and deep conditions for moisture. I really don't need to apply moisturizer daily to make my hair get dirty quicker and feel greasy.

My leave-in is a huge part. Using a moisturizer with no cones as a leave in on my wet hair has been wonderful. It really helps my hair maintain moisture without the need of layering more moisturizer on everyday.

So far I have been using BB moisturizing growth lotion and sealing with african angel coconut oil and this is working for me. My hair is not heavy and greasy it has nice soft curls with shine. You just have to use a little.
But I am still serching for a moisturizer without any cones. B&B has dimethicone in it.
I do believe some leave in conditioners stae that you can apply to wet or dry hair so Yes that may be another good option. I have to try that.

Last edited:
So far I have been using BB moisturizing growth lotion and sealing with african angel coconut oil and this is working for me. My hair is not heavy and greasy it has nice soft curls with shine. You just have to use a little.
But I am still serching for a moisturizer without any cones. B&B has dimethicone in it.
I do believe some leave in conditioners stae that you can apply to wet or dry hair so Yes that may be another good option. I have to try that.

I liked the oil, maybe I should get the lotion again. I love the smell.

never tried the oil, but i like the lotion. If my hair is dry I just use B&B and my hair is instantly moisturized.

will suggest sticking with what works and using lesser amount. After reading macheriearmour's blog a little goes a long way.

Last edited:
Bumble & Bumble (leave in) Rinse Out non greasy pure moisture and giovanni direct leave-in

i made a post about a website(www.ariva.com) that i ordered some products from. One of them was this-Graham Webb Silk Repair Silk Protein Leave-In Conditioner - 8.5 oz.. It instantly made my hair feel like silk and it is still soft to the touch as we speak,and i applied it about 10 hours ago.They also have free shipping and excellent customer service. I odered some Joico and someone stole that,and they are replacing it free of charge!!This stuff works for real.

I :love2: S-curl...esp for my NG... but all these raves about NTM silk touch....perhaps Iwill try for rollerset...

I just bought this for the dd's to use. So far so good.

You know I was thinking of this thread and I have to agree with the NTM silk touch ladies. It does not make your hair feel greasy.

But, I did not like it because it felt like it was coating my hair. It took away my shine. I would have to use oil or serum on top to get my shine back and guess what - even more build up.

Maybe I was using too much.

But it does not make your hair feel greasy, though.

How often do you use this? Can it be used daily or only after the hair is washed and conditioned?

I did not like it on wet hair. I use a tiny bit about 3x a week & I seal with Joico SEM. This is the perfect combo for my hair because both products are super light so my hair doesn't have have that greasy weighed down look.

ditto the BB moisturizing growth oil. I love that stuff.

Back